2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup - USA! USA! USA! wins the cup!

AUDub

Guzan with a tremendous save! A cross from the right finds a head on the far post. Guzan parries back into play. Luckily, the rebound he allows is put over from point blank range. We caught a major break there. 

Followed by yet another good look for Panama, swept wide right. Came from an offside position though. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panama pressing and dominating possession since our goal. 

60th minute, Panama equalizes. A cross finds a foot at the six yard box. Guzan saves, but the rebound is put back.

Zusi is not having a good game. Please find a better option at RB. 

Agudelo is having an effective first few minutes on. The balance has finally shifted. 

Gyasi Zardez about to come on. Good. Need a tempo player. 

Rowe is off.

Goal scorer Camargo is off for Panama. 

Jordan Morris about to come on. Good. Another pacey player to hopefully infuse some energy up front in this last 10 minutes, 

Bedoya goes down in the box. No call.

Bedoya makes way for Morris. 

Ends in a draw. Bit of a letdown. 

So tiny little Martinique, the third best team in this group, leads the game against Nicaragua in the 77th 2-0 and leads the group after day one. Guess we'll see between us and Panama who can blow these two teams out by more. 

Yesterday ended up being a date night with the wife, but Mexico and Jamaica both cruised over El Salvador and Curaçao. 3-1 and 2-0, respectively.

First half of Jamaica-Curacao was dreadful soccer, I would have thought Jamaica would be less sloppy having LOST to Curacao in the Carribean Cup final two weeks ago. Hoping the US pulls off in this gold Cup what Germany did in the Confederations Cup...win it all with your C team. It would be nice to see some US defensive talent waiting in the wings too for the first time since c. 2002.

That 16 year old Davies kid for Canada just scored his third goal of the tournament against Costa Rica. Kid is a dynamo. He's going to see a lot of club PT after this Cup. 1-0 32nd minute.

Costa Rica equalized before the half. Pretty good game. 

Canada held on for the draw, but at a hefty cost. Davies is hurt.

Funny situation for tonight's game. French Guiana is starting former French footballer Florent Malouda, whom CONCACAF has ruled ineligible. The game is already over, with Honduras getting the win. 

0-0 85th minute. 

After having had a bit to think about it, I realize just how embarrassing this situation could turn out for CONCACAF. This has some bad implications for potential third place qualifiers for the QF round. It really makes you question the wisdom of allowing non-FIFA teams into the tourney if they're going to pull this kind of crap.

Nicaragua scores in the 47th to take the lead, Panama answers with the quickness in the 49th. 

Our lineup tonight 442

Morris Agudelo

Zardez Acosta Roldan Arriola

Morrow Hedges Gonzalez Lichaj

Guzan

Panama sees out a 2-1 win. Now on to us vs Martinique.

Underway.

Gyasi looks good early. Anice early cross with a tad too much misses Agudelo on the back post. A minute later another nice cross that almost finds Morris. 

Part of me wants to scream at beating Martinique only 3-2 but then again - and I follow US Soccer extremely closely - I had barely heard of two players we STARTED against Martinique. B team with shades of C.

Why. Do. We. Not. Have. Defensive. Talent....at any level?

I got called back into the hospital 7 minutes in, but watched the relay. Pretty frustrating, but I'm glad Morris showed out and Acosta got his feet back underneath him.

Archived