***SECMD17 - Auburn Day***

RunInRed

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

That poor dog. 

Yep, that's the kind of thing we make fun of Bama fans for. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

As expected Gus danced around the question when asked if Chip will have FULL control......Now he said a few seconds ago that he will be "on top" of the offense.

I have no problem if he doesn't want to fully answer the questions regarding how much control Chip has or questions about JS. However, the way he does answer those questions often doesn't give the fan base the warm and fuzzies. Especially in a year with his butt is on the line and we have the talent to contend for a NC. Not commenting at all or a generic answer like: "Both Qbs will compete in fall camp and we hope to have our starter sooner than later."  "I trust Chip....we're going to stick to what we do best at running and mix it up more." 

But it's typical Gus. 

Edit: However he did answer the Chip question pretty well. It seems pretty clear that he's going to let Chip do what he needs to do as OC.

Boom seemed to be the least rehearsed when answering questions and speaking from the podium.  He's the 'winner' of SEC MD.

from gus:

Q. You said in the past a move to the East would make sense geographically for your program. What specific methods would there be in a development like that if that ever happened?
COACH MALZAHN: I think our commissioner already answered that the first day. I think it was brought up, Coach Dye said something about the map and all of that. I just confirmed, yeah, if you look at the map, that does make sense.

You know, hey, I like the way it is right now. I mean, the West right now is the best league in college football. It's a man's league. You got Alabama right now that is the top of the deal. And I like playing against them. I like playing against them every year. I like playing against LSU. I like Ole Miss and Mississippi State, Texas A&M. So, I think that was probably a little bit blown out of proportion, but I like the way it is.

Anyone notice that he left a team out?

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

from gus:

Q. You said in the past a move to the East would make sense geographically for your program. What specific methods would there be in a development like that if that ever happened?
COACH MALZAHN: I think our commissioner already answered that the first day. I think it was brought up, Coach Dye said something about the map and all of that. I just confirmed, yeah, if you look at the map, that does make sense.

You know, hey, I like the way it is right now. I mean, the West right now is the best league in college football. It's a man's league. You got Alabama right now that is the top of the deal. And I like playing against them. I like playing against them every year. I like playing against LSU. I like Ole Miss and Mississippi State, Texas A&M. So, I think that was probably a little bit blown out of proportion, but I like the way it is.

lol

Probably my favorite line in Gus's speech: "We play the defending national champions on the road week two."

Because it ain't bammer. :)

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

from gus:

Well when you haven't seen a team in 2 years..........

25 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Well when you haven't seen a team in 2 years..........

hahaha no doubt. That ark team did not show up last year. Worst beating I have ever seen AU give a team, especially a ranked one, in my lifetime. 

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

from gus:

So, whenever discussion turns to coaches on a hot seat, we hear about Gus & Sumlin. Maybe Butch Jones. Why not Beliema? I live in Memphis with Ark across the river, & I can tell you that Hogs fans aren't in love with the guy. They find him obnoxious. I don't know if he survives a mediocre season; there's a really good chance he doesn't survive a poor season. So, why isn't he on that list when people start talking about it?  

8 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

why isn't he on that list when people start talking about it?  

because Arkansas is that irrelevant.

2 hours ago, WVR said:

Braden is HUGE!!

And he's got that lineman stance going on.

15 hours ago, TigerTennis80 said:

So, whenever discussion turns to coaches on a hot seat, we hear about Gus & Sumlin. Maybe Butch Jones. Why not Beliema? I live in Memphis with Ark across the river, & I can tell you that Hogs fans aren't in love with the guy. They find him obnoxious. I don't know if he survives a mediocre season; there's a really good chance he doesn't survive a poor season. So, why isn't he on that list when people start talking about it?  

So let me get this straight; Arky fans fans find Beliema obnoxious?  How in the the world can they tell?

Archived