2017 Auburn Soccer

aucanucktiger

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic win! LeBeau was top notch. Back line made big plays to clear. Auburn was winning every 50/50 ball in the air the last 20 mins. TAMU is a good team. They put together some really good attacks. 

Auburn is trailing Tennessee 1-0 at half.  Inches from being tired with under a minute remaining.  Corner kick was headed towards the goal only to hit a defender right on the goal line.  I am curious to see a slow replay to see if that ball didn't cross the goal before being cleared.  Good attacks towards the half.  Good sign going into 2nd half.  UT is undefeated by the way. 

Tie better than a loss but AU scoring badly needs a boost.  

3-0 Auburn at the half. Tiger midfield play has been excellent and when Kentucky has gotten past them the back 4 have dominated and allowed only one shot on goal. Tigers overall have been a few passes from blowing this game wide open. 

I really wish ESPN, with all of their channels, would discuss and cover more sports adequately. College soccer is actually pretty intense every time I've watched it in person.

11 hours ago, War Knight said:

I really wish ESPN, with all of their channels, would discuss and cover more sports adequately. College soccer is actually pretty intense every time I've watched it in person.

ESPN follows the money...but yep....AU soccer is pretty good I guess.   AU streams most matches......we know one of the players and watch to see how she is doing.....that's fun.    Problem with media coverage other than scores in my view is that soccer stats are not well known or appreciated by the typical sports fan thus there is not much to compare when discussing the various teams.

Otherwise, hope the AU team is moving forward.....but still needs some offensive punch.  Mostly living off of defense right now.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:48 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

0-0 against MSU today in Starkvegas (9/29)

You seem to follow the soccer team....do you have any idea what the hints on another location were about problems in the program?  Not looking for rumors but has something been said on campus.   I know a parent who is not happy but it's just about the coaching ...nothing that would spell trouble for the school. Hope it's just that because the program is pretty strong right now.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

You seem to follow the soccer team....do you have any idea what the hints on another location were about problems in the program?  Not looking for rumors but has something been said on campus.   I know a parent who is not happy but it's just about the coaching ...nothing that would spell trouble for the school. Hope it's just that because the program is pretty strong right now.

I read those comments about the soccer hints and I have no clue what they are talking about. 

I live here in Auburn and have 2 girls and try to take them to a lot of the womens sports. Then my dad and I get season tickets to Football and Baseball.

Plus I am a sports junkie and would rather watch stuff live than on TV. It helps to be retired and bored also. 

I post scores just as a FYI, since a lot of the women's sports are having decent seasons and a lot of people don't know about them.

Talked with a dad who had a kid  on the team a couple years ago.  Only beef I heard was a little playing time favoritism for the west coast players.  Basically new kids we’re getting playing time that may not deserve it - recruiting reasons

heard a couple other things that are coaching style imo 

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Talked with a dad who had a kid  on the team a couple years ago.  Only beef I heard was a little playing time favoritism for the west coast players.  Basically new kids we’re getting playing time that may not deserve it - recruiting reasons

heard a couple other things that are coaching style imo 

OK...that's about what I know though my source is on the west coast..:)    might just be the usual parent issue of " why doesn't my kid play more" ?

I think some of it is they carry a pretty large roster, play a very “American” direct athletic style and don’t seem to value technical skills.  Of course it’s hard to argue with it since hoppa has been putting a top 25 team on the field ... although I think we could be better

Archived