Pat Dye: As of right now, 4 more losses ...

RunInRed

Dye is acting a lot like Frank Broyles used to do at Arkansas when he was the piggies AD. Sometimes saying positive things, but many times negatively towards the program. Dye isn't that bad...yet.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked his comments before Bama Ga in 2002 when he said Ga was not man enough to beat Bama.  Ga won.  Dye called Coach Callaway and Coach Garner that same week, both at Ga then , and told them he had done all he could do to help them.  The rest was up to them.

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

It's not so much what he said, it's more that he is saying anything.  

Dye is correct in his statements.  However; time has long past that he should have zero influence on our football program.  Of course, until we remove people from the AD (including the AD)  that are beholden to Dye, we will always have to deal with this.

wde

All of what has been posted has occurred before the Mizzou game. Dye is still right in some ways. I do see us winning against MSU and if we play really close to our A game, we walk out of BR with a nice win against the corndogs. UGA and the turds will take our A+ game. It can be done, but will take far more than we have seen this so far.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, RunInRed said:

More from Coach Pat Dye:

• I still think we've got a chance but we're going to have to clean up the mess (on offense)
  • We need to find a way to get Stidham to run the ball on the zone-read
  • Wide Receivers talent is there
  • Offensive Line has been sporadic at best
  • Defensively, we're good enough to stay in any ball game as long as the offense is doing their part

The tape is here ... fast-forward to the 32:00 minute mark if you don't want to listen to the whole thing.

https://d2mfmz794ch99j.cloudfront.net/shows/20SEP17 Web Show.mp3

Bump.

10 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Bump.

hahahaha

proves Dye is lost. 23 knows more about successful football than Dye now (I believe he was the one predicting 10-1 into the iron bowl?). Unfortunately, as long as Dye speaks people will listen. Wish he'd just keep his thoughts to himself as he is clearly way off base. 

6 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Bump.

What is he...wrong on 3 out of 4?    Get Stidham to run the ball on zone read.....that's nuts.

C'mon coach Dye, how about you and TT let the current coaching staff do their jobs and quit kibitzing for the state media to use as click bait.  At least Chiz who also lives in AU has seemed to make it a point to not interject himself into AU football.  

Gus's job is tough enough without having former coaches hanging around and appearing to second guess or critique the work.

• 3 weeks later...

What was hard about predicting going 8-4.    Many people think with their hearts concerning auburn football and not with logical thinking points.   Realistically, 8-4 was about right going into the year.   We haven’t beaten LSU in BR since 1999 and barely won last year at home.  We haven’t beaten GA or bama in three years.   Throw in a road against Clemson and you are looking at a four lose season.  Now, could we or should we have won in BR ? Most definitely.   Won at Clemson?  Maybe.  

The rest of the year will determine what kind of coach Gus is and whether he will be retained or not.   If he is 7-5 , I believe he will be gone.   8-4 ? I’m not so sure that the people in charge will do it.   Hope I’m wrong.  I never understood why he was hired to begin with, but that is water under the bridge 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfzrxMNDZII#t=5m13s

Auburn defenders cannot give up on a play like this. This is totally unacceptable. Where is the heart and effort of the 2004 defense? I clearly don't see it. Our D this year compares to the 2004 team, but I think inside the program players simply don't want to play 110% for Malzahn.

12 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Auburn defenders cannot give up on a play like this. This is totally unacceptable. Where is the heart and effort of the 2004 defense? I clearly don't see it. Our D this year compares to the 2004 team, but I think inside the program players simply don't want to play 110% for Malzahn.

2 first half touchdown drives due to bad angles and mis-tackles.  Our team was expecting to be playing against MSU level athletes and misjudged speed and athleticism of LSU...in addition to pathetic 2nd half playcalling.

19 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Sad, but may very well be true.  Just from information gathered on this board:

* Coaches/staffers rarely communicate with each other, where is the comradery that is essential in a cohesive coaching staff? 

* Player "issues" resulting in losing 3 highly rated players during the season. 

* Players obviously not giving full effort as seen in the above video. 

* Frustration from active players expressed in the media, KJ & JS's comments about play calling.  "They don't pay me enough to comment on the play calling."  "I just do what I'm told on offense."

* Out of the blue,  the HC won't make his coaches available to speak with the media, WTH?  

Chemistry is paramount in a program and when it's lacking on the coaching staff AND the locker room, you got a problem.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Sad, but may very well be true.  Just from information gathered on this board:

* Coaches/staffers rarely communicate with each other, where is the comradery that is essential in a cohesive coaching staff? 

* Player "issues" resulting in losing 3 highly rated players during the season. 

* Players obviously not giving full effort as seen in the above video. 

* Frustration from active players expressed in the media, KJ & JS's comments about play calling.  "They don't pay me enough to comment on the play calling."  "I just do what I'm told on offense."

* Out of the blue,  the HC won't make his coaches available to speak with the media, WTH?  

Chemistry is paramount in a program and when it's lacking on the coaching staff AND the locker room, you got a problem.

Things are spiraling downward it seems. We will see if Gus has lost the team this weekend IMO.

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Things are spiraling downward it seems. We will see if Gus has lost the team this weekend IMO.

You don't think he lost the team Saturday when he refused to adjust his offense and when the defense very obviously weren't giving 100%, and with KJ & JS's comments to the media about play calling, and when a coach (anonymously) commented that the LSU game probably cost them their jobs, or when the coaches and staffers haven't been speak to each other?

I'm not sure it's gotten to the point of no return yet, or that things are approaching a toxic level.....but the situation don't look so good right now.  And I'm not sure a strong showing vs a 2-4 team with their HC's ass is on fire will be enough to know if the spiral has been stymied or not.

13 minutes ago, keesler said:

You don't think he lost the team Saturday when he refused to adjust his offense and when the defense very obviously weren't giving 100%, and with KJ & JS's comments to the media about play calling, and when a coach (anonymously) commented that the LSU game probably cost them their jobs, or when the coaches and staffers haven't been speak to each other?

I'm not sure it's gotten to the point of no return yet, or that things are approaching a toxic level.....but the situation don't look so good right now.  And I'm not sure a strong showing vs a 2-4 team with their HC's ass is on fire will be enough to know if the spiral has been stymied or not.

Not 100% yet. I think the defense was starting to lay down and the post-game vibe from KJ/Stidham signifies the offense doesn't have confidence in their HC anymore. However IMO it's 50/50. If he's still calling the shots we're done for but if CCL is calling them on Saturday I think the offense will feel better -- of course we all know that won't last for very long.

But basically I do think we are watching him lose the team in action right now. He's already lost the fans and former players -- except maybe Nosa Eguae lol.

Archived