DKW 86

Moore-Strange?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Moore-Strange?

• Moore
    • Strange
    • Aubie the Tiger

44 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Let me ask a question. How many here can truthfully say they have never so much as touched an underage girl in an inappropriate way. And to make things clear for Titan, et. al., I am NOT condoning what Roy Moore may have done.

Wat

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Let me ask a question. How many here can truthfully say they have never so much as touched an underage girl in an inappropriate way. And to make things clear for Titan, et. al., I am NOT condoning what Roy Moore may have done.

2266943.jpg?364

3 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Did you expect anything less? Hannity lost 11 advertisements just for arguing Moore wasn’t proven guilty yet. And he wasn't. The witchhunt is ridiculous. Nobody did this to Trump ( walked into dressing room while ladies were dressing , video bragging about grabbing that ***** and countless allegations of much worst) or when Juanita Broadrick accused Clinton of rape. So why is this so different? Why wasn’t Moore’s morality questioned (mocked) during the national 10 commandments issue? 

Mob-rule by power-wielders at its finest. And I pray to God that Moore isn’t being smeared being so close to election time. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have never touched a fourteen year old girl as an adult. yes i have been with young girls but i was about the same age. i believe it happens a lot these days but i do not believe that was the norm back then.

I deliberately didn't ask what age you might have been at the time. It was pretty normal when I was in high school.

35 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I deliberately didn't ask what age you might have been at the time. It was pretty normal when I was in high school.

Why frame a question that way? Was it ever normal for a 30+ man to be pursuing teen girls. Was it normal for a thirty something to have to get permission from a girl's mother to date her? That was a confession of being seriously f----ed up. 

48 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Dodging the question as you tell me sometime.

I’m not dodging anything. I’m raising my hand to tell you I’ve never done that. 

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’m not dodging anything. I’m raising my hand to tell you I’ve never done that. 

Good. You should run for some office.

22 minutes ago, alexava said:

Why frame a question that way? Was it ever normal for a 30+ man to be pursuing teen girls. Was it normal for a thirty something to have to get permission from a girl's mother to date her? That was a confession of being seriously f----ed up. 

That's no an answer. yes or no for YOU.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Good. You should run for some office.

Most guys haven’t. If that’s the main qualification now, the pool of candidate is pretty large. 

some people can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you flavor it is.......

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Most guys haven’t. If that’s the main qualification now, the pool of candidate is pretty large. 

I would hope you are right. But most of the guys I know have in high school, including me.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

I would hope you are right. But most of the guys I know have in high school, including me.

There’s a reason most statutory rape laws either specify a minimum age for the older person or specify a difference in age before the law applies. They aren’t concerned about 17 year old boys hitting on 15 year old freshmen. 

38 minutes ago, alexava said:

Was it normal for a thirty something to have to get permission from a girl's mother to date her?

Why do y’all keep acting appalled about it. It’s called courtship and in that realm, is completely normal. 

http://dating.lovetoknow.com/relationship-advice/courtship-process

54 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

To answer your ridiculous question, when I was 15-16 I groped 14,15, years old and up girls. Usually the groping was welcomed but limited to groping only. As I grew older and matured my game changed. I was an adult who had younger sisters. That and the fact I am not a sick bastard, changed my idea of how things work for normal people. I rarely was rejected for a date or anything else because there was conversation and interaction that would indicate interest from the perspective lady. Not luring them to my home or behind a restaurant dumpster to make physical advances. 

When I was 23 an 18 year old girl who was hot as blowed coal came to work at the plant as temp. She was interested in dating me and her mother who also worked there encouraged it. I could not do it. I liked her but the difference was too much and I wanted to avoid a weird situation with her mom if things went bad. And she was younger than both my little sisters. Some folks have a built in meter for appropriate. Some don't. 

Analysis: Roy Moore's Wife Keeps Spreading Fake News Defenses of Her Husband, Which Reflects Badly on Him - Guy Benson

Analysis: Roy Moore's Wife Keeps Spreading Fake News Defenses of Her Husband, Which Reflects Badly on Him

With her husband's Senate campaign in crisis due to multiple women accusing him of romantic come-ons (and worse) when they were high schoolers and he was an adult in his 30's, the wife of Roy Moore has become a factory of misinformation.  Kayla Moore has used social media to spread false, misleading and scurrilous stories meant to discredit the accusers and boost her husband's image.  This "kitchen sink" approach looks desperate and flailing, and does her husband no favors regarding the perception of his guilt.  Effective defenses would be factual, not dishonest, hysterical and manipulative.

I spent several hours today tracking down one key piece of verifiable information related to this case.  Mrs. Moore shared a post on Facebook claiming that the Olde Hickory House restaurant, where Beverly Young said she worked as a waitress, did not exist in 1977.  It opened in 2001, the post asserted.  If this were true, Young's entire story would fall apart, considering that the eatery was the location where she says she met Moore (she says was he a regular client; he claims he doesn't know her or the restaurant), where he is said to have signed her high school yearbook, and where he allegedly attempted to sexually assault her in the parking lot.  Simple question: Did the restaurant exist where and when Young says it did, or have Moore's allies found a smoking gun?  

I conducted web searches, exchanged messages with potential sources, and placed multiple phone calls to city and county officials, the public library, and local media publications.  After digging around, several people told me they thought they remembered the restaurant, which they believed was open many years ago (well before 2001), but they couldn't say for sure.  I was also told that the public records I sought only started being stored in digital form in the early 2000's, so any official information would only be retrievable in hard copy or on microfilm.  I was finally connected with a local journalist who'd been chasing the same set of facts.  After all, if the post Mrs. Moore highlighted was accurate, it would be a major blow to the case against Moore, as the most serious allegations from the most recent accuser would go up in smoke.  But if turned out that she was once again engaged in reckless, fact-free, say-anything damage control, it would buttress the Ms. Young's credibility and make the Moore camp look frantic and guilty.  Here is the verdict, courtesy of two local reporters.  Based on a 1978 city directory, which listed local businesses from the previous year, the Olde Hickory House restaurant was in operation at that location in 1977, just as Young said:

Mr. Thornton also dug up an old newspaper ad for the location, which was printed in 1978.  Here's another one from the same era:

This does not prove that Ms. Young worked there, that Moore was a regular, or that he assaulted her -- but it does prove that a foolish, baseless claim repeated by Moore's wife to undermine Young was complete garbage.  If journalists are able to establish that Moore dined at the Olde Hickory House frequently, his blanket denial will be dead.  It's worth noting that Mrs. Moore has also (a) shared the baseless allegationthat previous accusers had been paid, (b) promulgated the nonsense that Leigh Corfman's (the first accuser) mother said her daughter was lying, based on the location of a telephone in their family home, and (c) appears to have recycled a pre-scandal list of pastors who once supported her husband's candidacy -- at least three of whom now say she did not get their permission to include them as current backers and have asked to be removed from the roster.  Separate attempts to "prove" Moore's innocence include doctoring images of the yearbook inscription he appears to have made out to Young in 1977 (compare the altered image with the actual image):

This apparent hoax originates from a Twitter feed that also falsely asserted that the Olde Hickory House was never spelled with an 'e,' which is disproven by both the city directory and contemporaneous advertisement shown above.  Others are resting their theories on the numeral '7' looking slightly different in separate elements of the yearbook message (perhaps the least ridiculous issue being raised), which shifts from cursive in the note to printed letters after the signature.  A separate theory brewing involves speculating that Young couldn't have received her yearbook in December, as she says (which I've addressed, with other social media users and reporters stating that the timeline was entirely plausible, especially because she transferred high schools).  As for Mrs. Moore's stream of rash falsehoods, her defenders will say that it's understandable, if not romantic, that a woman would do anything she could to help her embattled spouse.  (Surely they feel the same way about Hillary Clinton).  But that defensive impulse, no matter how relatable, should not give anyone license to repeatedly create or spread fake information.  I'd also bet that if the roles were reversed and the accusers' families were exposed as sharing fraudulent claims in defense of their loved ones, Mrs. Moore's apologists would wield those disproven claims as evidence against the women's stories.  

To recap: Debunking Kayla Moore's conspiratorial social media posts does not affirmatively prove that Roy Moore is guilty of what his accusers say he did -- even if even more accounts about his pattern of behavior with teenage girls continue to crop up.  It does, however, call into question the credibility of Moore's most ardent defenders, whose desperate and sloppy theorizing undercuts their trustworthiness as sources every time a bogus claim is raised and cut down.  And again, what would be truly devastating to Moore's pushback is compelling evidence -- in the form of records or witnesses -- that can blow up his statement that he never met Corfman or Young, or that he didn't dine at the Olde Hickory House in the late 1970s.  I'm open to changing my mind based on proof (that's why I followed the evidence about the restaurant today), but as of right now, my tentative conclusion remains the same: The women are credible.  He, and the fever swamp toiling on his behalf, are not.  Drain the swamp.

54 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

To answer your ridiculous question, when I was 15-16 I groped 14,15, years old and up girls. Usually the groping was welcomed but limited to groping only. As I grew older and matured my game changed. I was an adult who had younger sisters. That and the fact I am not a sick bastard, changed my idea of how things work for normal people. I rarely was rejected for a date or anything else because there was conversation and interaction that would indicate interest from the perspective lady. Not luring them to my home or behind a restaurant dumpster to make physical advances. 

When I was 23 an 18 year old girl who was hot as blowed coal came to work at the plant as temp. She was interested in dating me and her mother who also worked there encouraged it. I could not do it. I liked her but the difference was too much and I wanted to avoid a weird situation with her mom if things went bad. And she was younger than both my little sisters. Some folks have a built in meter for appropriate. Some don't. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I always preferred older girls anyway. From high school through college I dated girls who were 2-5 years older. 

Yes brother Titan, guess I was a sicko, lots of older women tried to grope me.......I never reported it.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I put no restrictions or rationale on my question. So your long answer is a simple YES. But I understand. My Dad died when I was 8. I then grew up on the streets of B'ham. My family worked in the steel mills, coal mines and railroads. so did most of the girl's families so sex (touch or all the way) was as common as going to school. My wife know that. I hid nothing about me from her. I'm not proud of all that today but it is what it is. In my mid life I was very interested in running for some office in Huntsville such as City Council. But I wasn't about to for fear of an opponent digging up the dirt in my younger years.

But it is interesting that not many posters here have answered the question at all.

20 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Count me in.  Ow, when I was underage myself I messed around with same age girls. I never dated anyone under age 16 after I turned 18. 

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I put no restrictions or rationale on my question. So your long answer is a simple YES. But I understand. My Dad died when I was 8. I then grew up on the streets of B'ham. My family worked in the steel mills, coal mines and railroads. so did most of the girl's families so sex (touch or all the way) was as common as going to school. My wife know that. I hid nothing about me from her. I'm not proud of all that today but it is what it is. In my mid life I was very interested in running for some office in Huntsville such as City Council. But I wasn't about to for fear of an opponent digging up the dirt in my younger years.

But it is interesting that not many posters here have answered the question at all.

I don't see what two minors fooling around as minors do ( as virtually all of us did) has to do with a 30 something chasing teen girls? Can you explain that? It takes a sick, pathetic bag of s*** to do this. If people don't believe all these women and the dozens of people who confirmed their stories, along with mall security and management AND fellow prosecutors in the office at the time,,,, it's because they choose not to believe it. What's worse is the attempts to explain it away as normal behavior or downplay it.  I hope I misunderstood, but you seem to be doing that. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

If people don't believe all these women and the dozens of people who confirmed their stories, along with mall security and management

Other than hearsay, “I remember,” and “I heard,” there is absolutely no evidence to this point. And conveniently enough for the accusers, the records don’t go back that far. Which again, is the exact damn reason why we have statutes of limitations. 

39 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Other than hearsay, “I remember,” and “I heard,” there is absolutely no evidence to this point. And conveniently enough for the accusers, the records don’t go back that far. Which again, is the exact damn reason why we have statutes of limitations. 

Well, there's one.

Archived