DKW 86

Moore-Strange?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Moore-Strange?

• Moore
    • Strange
    • Aubie the Tiger

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The location (which seems meaningless when signing a yearbook) and possibly the letters D.A are not written with the same hand as the one that wrote Roy Moore. 

You assert but don't really prove that.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not to mention that the location was spelled wrong. And who signs yearbooks at a Christmas time? Aren’t they universally handed out before school lets out for the school year? 

While these are interesting questions that are worth asking, you still having shown anything clearly.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You assert but don't really prove that.

While these are interesting questions that are worth asking, you still having shown anything clearly.

What if I said he wasn’t D.A  but deputy DA at that time? It seems suspect if not obviously forged. 

7’s look diff also. 

DOjtKMZW0AAUq7i-600x404.jpg

38 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What if I said he wasn’t D.A  but deputy DA at that time? It seems suspect if not obviously forged. 

7’s look diff also. 

DOjtKMZW0AAUq7i-600x404.jpg

I would say that reading the story you got the photo from, I'd like to see more than one obscure handwriting "expert" on a partisan blog analyze it.

Scratch that.  I'd like to see the analysis of at least ONE handwriting expert.  Thomas Wictor is not a handwriting expert at all.  From the bio on his website:

Thomas Wictor was born in Caripito, Venezuela, and has lived in Texas, the Netherlands, Norway, Great Britain, Oregon, Japan, and California. He earned a bachelor’s degree in history from Lewis and Clark College and has worked as a stevedore, library archivist, conversational English teacher, editor of the world’s first online newspaper, voice-over actor, delivery driver, process server, field representative for a document-retrieval service, scale-model builder, and music journalist.

He is the author of seven books and is the planet’s only expert on World War I flamethrowers, an accomplishment he attained completely by default, since nobody else is interested in them. A former Contributing Editor at Bass Player, he was once a semi-professional bass guitarist in Tokyo.

From July 5, 2013, to January 7, 2014, he was the victim of Mike Albee and Lura Dold, professional grifters who posed as book publicists and defrauded Wictor of his life’s savings. To do so they took advantage of his post-traumatic stress disorder with secondary psychotic features, as well as the “brain fog” caused by Meniere’s disease. Both of these conditions create memory lapses and dissociation, which were exacerbated by the suicides of Wictor’s parents in February and October of 2013.

Albee and Dold knew of Wictor’s afflictions; they monitored his blog and used his books as guides for when to strike.

Wictor is no longer a writer. However, you may have heard of him in regard to the David Frum Pallywood brouhaha. It was a repeat of the Mike Albee experience, in that it involved much misrepresentation. Albee was less destructive; all he stole was money.

The real David Frum story is here. Some unsolicited advice to those who are thinking of publicly defending Israel: Use a pseudonym. If you don’t, be prepared to pay an exorbitant price.

In the former Soviet Union, dissent was seen as a pathology. Broad swathes of American society view difference of opinion as madness, evil, or both.

Thomas Wictor prefers the opinions of cats.

“Truth,” said a traveler,
“Is a rock, a mighty fortress;
Often have I been to it,
Even to its highest tower,
From whence the world looks black.”
“Truth,” said a traveller,
“Is a breath, a wind,
A shadow, a phantom;
Long have I pursued it,
But never have I touched
The hem of its garment.”
And I believed the second traveler;
For truth was to me
A breath, a wind,
A shadow, a phantom,
And never had I touched
The hem of its garment.
—Stephen Crane

And yet The Gateway Pundit runs with his opinion and puts up this headline:

IT’S A FAKE! Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED

Please.  <_<

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

...The Gateway Pundit...

They push some truly awe-inspiring bull**** from time to time.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Scratch that.  I'd like to see the analysis of at least ONE handwriting expert.  Thomas Wictor is not a handwriting expert at all.  From the bio on his website:

And yet The Gateway Pundit runs with his opinion and puts up this headline:

IT’S A FAKE! Analyst Says Judge Roy Moore Signature Inside Gloria Allred Accuser’s Yearbook Was FORGED

Please.  <_<

Look at the picture yourself and note the differences. It doesn’t take an expert to take notice. As far as the story goes, I never saw it as I saw the pic on a blog. Not sure how the story or the source is relevant to the pic.

Please.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Look at the picture yourself and note the differences. It doesn’t take an expert to take notice. As far as the story goes, I never saw it as I saw the pic on a blog. Not sure how the story or the source is relevant to the pic.

Please.

I looked.  And I know that I don't form every letter of my signature the exact same way every time either, not do I write numbers and such the same way every single time. Handwriting analysis is not a armchair profession.  I can do a lot of routine maintenance and repairs on my car too, but there are still many things I would rely on the opinion of an expert for before just removing and replacing parts.  So I'll wait for an actual professional opinion on this.

The source is relevant for a couple of reasons:

1)  The headline makes a declaration the story itself did not prove.

2)  The headline lies about an "analyst" giving their opinion.  Some obscure author and bass player gave his opinion.  That's it.  I don't put a lot of stock in such anymore than I would rebuild a database firewall based on the musings of Taylor Swift.

It all goes to demonstrate that the Gateway Pundit isn't even attempting to objectively look at the facts here, they are just pursuing an end.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The source is relevant for a couple of reasons:

1)  The headline makes a declaration the story itself did not prove.

The headline wasn’t included, neither was any story as they were irrelevant. The source is the yearbook itself unless you think the pic was altered other than the red arrows. The 7’s are different in one sitting. Use common sense 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

The headline wasn’t included, neither was any story as they were irrelevant. The source is the yearbook itself unless you think the pic was altered other than the red arrows. The 7’s are different in one sitting. Use common sense 

I don't care whether you included the headline.  I wanted to read for myself what the supposed expert pointing this stuff out said.  That's when I saw the headline.  That's when I saw that our handwriting "analyst" was some sort of self-proclaimed expert on WWI-era flamethrowers and not a handwriting expert at all.  

As I said, my signature, and my writing looks different sometimes.  I don't always consistently write things the same way.  In fact, from what I've read of handwriting analysis from actual experts, the first sign of a forgery is that it looks exactly like some other example you can produce.  Everyone has variations in how they write for a variety of reasons from the writing surface, the kind of pen used, the angle they were forced to hold their hand and so on.

I am using common sense.  I'm also using higher faculties. But thanks anyway, Raptor.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

As I said, my signature, and my writing looks different sometimes. 

They can evolve, but not in one sitting. 

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

wanted to read for myself what the supposed expert pointing this stuff out said. 

You needed an expert to point out what you can see with your own eyes?  Ok, sheep. 

But thanks anyway, Raptor.

Cute, coming from a mod constantly belly aching over personal attacks. 

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

As I said, my signature, and my writing looks different sometimes.  I don't always consistently write things the same way.  In fact, from what I've read of handwriting analysis from actual experts, the first sign of a forgery is that it looks exactly like some other example you can produce. 

When there are conspicuous different writing styles self evident in one signature, all of the above becomes nonsense and more irrelevant information.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They can evolve, but not in one sitting. 

And your handwriting analyst credentials are....?

You needed an expert to point out what you can see with your own eyes?  Ok, sheep. 

Generally, I prefer to not assume my own expertise in all facets of life over those who spent their education and years in a career studying a matter.  I know, crazy.

Cute, coming from a mod constantly belly aching over personal attacks. 

When the shoe fits...

Point of fact, I actually had two different people ask me privately if I was sure Raptor didn't have access to your account.

When there are conspicuous different writing styles self evident in one signature, all of the above becomes nonsense and more irrelevant information.

Then believe your WWI flamethrower expert and partisan rag.  I'll hold off on the armchair expert pontificating until someone with a bit more experience in the field weighs in.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And your handwriting analyst credentials are....?

Irrelevant. Doesn’t require expertise for the differences in style, the misspelling, the fact that a yearbook was signed in December at a local restaurant( months before they’re handed out) to lead one to think the signature was very suspect. Not to mention that Moore wasn’t even D.A at the time and this signing occurred long after the alleged sexual assault. 

Point of fact, I actually had two different people ask me privately if I was sure Raptor didn't have access to your account.

I bet they also believe this signature is legit.

Then believe your WWI flamethrower expert and partisan rag. 

I’ve seen no such rag. Go look at the primary document and you’ll see the same material.

29 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But thanks anyway, Raptor.

It's starting to make sense. I've been trying to figure out the drastic change in Jeff.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Irrelevant.

Entirely relevant.  They don't hire dudes who were flipping burgers who just claim "common sense" for such positions in police departments or the FBI.  Things you think are pertinent aren't and things you wouldn't think about tend to be important.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

the misspelling,

And you're familiar with how the restaurant spelled their name in 1977, or perhaps in years prior?  And you're certain that a person couldn't make a mistake like that on their own?

Just now, aujeff11 said:

the fact that a yearbook was signed in December at a local restaurant( months before they’re handed out)

Did she specify what year this yearbook was?  I'm not saying it's not a reasonable question to ask, I am saying it's not a slam dunk that warrants such confidence on your part.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

to lead one to think the signature was very suspect. Not to mention that Moore wasn’t even D.A at the time and this signing occurred long after the alleged sexual assault. 

No, unless you have proof to the contrary, the signing happened the day before the assault allegedly occurred.

And I suppose no one has ever fudged a little trying to act more impressive.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I bet they also believe this signature is legit.

You probably believe him when he says he doesn't even know the woman.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I’ve seen no such rag. Go look at the primary document and you’ll see the same material.

I looked at it.  And I read where you got the pic from.

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Entirely relevant.  They don't hire dudes who were flipping burgers who just claim "common sense" for such positions in police departments or the FBI. 

Who is they? Who is flipping burgers? As you mentioned, this is the court of public opinion, so what does the FBI and the police departments have to do with anything.

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And you're familiar with how the restaurant spelled their name in 1977, or perhaps in years prior? 

The alleged signing occurred there apparently, you think the Deputy D.A would know how to spell the establishment he is dining in. 

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Did she specify what year this yearbook was?

Think the photo said 1977. 

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, unless you have proof to the contrary, the signing happened the day before the assault allegedly occurred.

These details are unclear, signing may have been done beforehand

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

looked at it.  And I read where you got the pic from.

When the picture is the only evidence offered and sufficient by itself, any other evidence is immaterial to the argument. I’ll replace picture with yearbook picture and show you how irrelevant your hang up is.

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You probably believe him when he says he doesn't even know the woman

On the other hand, you probably believe her when only a message in a vague word yearbook is offered as evidence. The message doesn’t even show who Roy is writing to. For all you know, she could’ve found it and kept it for herself. There are a lot of reasons to believe and to unbelieve. Nothing is verified.

26 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

It's starting to make sense. I've been trying to figure out the drastic change in Jeff.

Well thanks, guy. Glad you’re doing well, too. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Well thanks, guy. Glad you’re doing well, too. 

There's no doubt your posting style has changed. Just calling it like it is.

13 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

There's no doubt your posting style has changed. Just calling it like it is.

I can spot nonsense and that hasn’t ever changed. When a democrat was in office, I was just calling out nonsense aimed at him. You couldn’t be anymore wrong. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I can spot nonsense and that hasn’t ever changed. When a democrat was in office, I was just calling out nonsense aimed at him. You couldn’t be anymore wrong. 

Whatever. Good luck in your internet war with Titan. Here's to hoping it ends the same way as Raptor. :beer2:

Archived