What changed for Stidham

WFE12

I've thought it was hilarious from game 1 that people were upset that he wasn't a world beater out of the gate. If he was playing for our opponent in an early game, we would have listed it as something in our favor that he was learning a new system that he actually said was much more complicated than his previous system, and that he hadn't played in live action for over a year.

Other than the LSU game, this season has progressed exactly how one would expect a very talented team to look when replacing their OC, QB, and a big chunk of their line. Nothing changed for Stidham, he just had to get comfortable with the new system, his receivers, etc, just like any young QB learning a new system.

If we can rebuild our O-line in the off season, we should be a nightmare on offense next year with the removal of the learning curve.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:42 AM, jtauburntiger said:

that was just on his throws down the middle of the field - not counting the out routs or other throws outside the hash marks. So they picked the best numbers to show

-  but compared to the LSU game, we should be most thrilled that we threw the ball across the middle of the field 15 times.   

Ha...OK that is what too much beer on gameday will do. I have not had a chance to watch a replay yet.

On 11/16/2017 at 11:50 AM, lionheartkc said:

I've thought it was hilarious from game 1 that people were upset that he wasn't a world beater out of the gate. If he was playing for our opponent in an early game, we would have listed it as something in our favor that he was learning a new system that he actually said was much more complicated than his previous system, and that he hadn't played in live action for over a year.

Other than the LSU game, this season has progressed exactly how one would expect a very talented team to look when replacing their OC, QB, and a big chunk of their line. Nothing changed for Stidham, he just had to get comfortable with the new system, his receivers, etc, just like any young QB learning a new system.

If we can rebuild our O-line in the off season, we should be a nightmare on offense next year with the removal of the learning curve.

Pre-season, I thought this looked exactly like the type of team that would have some struggles early on and would get hot at the end of the year, ala 2005.

Archived