BEAT BAMA

corchjay

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Having grown up around Clemson, neither team has been consistently good enough that this game has had meaning. Right now CU is on a roll, but USC has had no consistency to be competitive in forever.  Brother is CU grad- Hates thUGA more.  Wife a Gamecock and despises CU.  On a side note, since living in B'ham, she has pulled for Tigers last two years in NC game.  I can't imagine a scenario where I would pull for uat.  Dabo just trying to create interest in a game with zero interest outside the state.

Remember:  NOBODY BEATS OUR COCKS!!

Coming back home to Auburn on Friday afternoon. Anybody with experience driving this way know if 65 or 280 is going to be lighter on traffic than the other? I know both will be hell.

I usually take 65 from HSV to AU, but wasn’t sure if more game traffic will go that way than 280.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, corchjay said:

It’s time!  We comin’ 

AU - 31

UAT - 20

IN A BIGGG WAY....

I think Dabo is preparing for a career in politics, if he said that with a straight face.

But, I know many debate the IB up against UM vs. OSU ("The Game"). Here's an article I read recently, comparing the two. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/iron-bowl-vs-the-game-auburn-alabama-ohio-state-michigan-all-time-series-debate/1qw44kzwvercc19k5mn8mflwo6

I'm getting a strong 1989 vibe. Although not years of frustration coming down on bamr as it was in '89, but I sense the same kind of atmosphere throughout the fanbase, and likely the team also.

I don't think this year's Bama team has seen a defense like ours. The offense is facing a stout challenge but if Mississippi State could hang 24 on them we should be good for at least 31.

Like I said in the score prediction, I don't see Bama putting 30+ on us. Last year they only put up 30 and we're a much better defense this year imo. 

1. I think our LB play is the key on defense. They need to keep in their lanes in a controlled but aggressive state of mind.

2. Mr. Holland needs to shadow Hurts period and make bammer expend 2 or more blockers to keep him contained. This will free up the likes of Mr. Coe and Mr. Davidson. Those 2 can create a lot of havoc and combined with Mr. Holland, can be a force that will devastate Mr. Hurts ability to hurt us. We take Hurts out of the game, we win big.

3. Our O line should be ready to move their D line around enough to create running lanes for KJ & KM. Mr. Martin showed me a lot of speed and slashing ability that opens a whole new offensive scheme to our already uber potent running game. I think he has been way under used this season and bringing him into the game early on should make KJ's running more dangerous.

4. We need to focus more on mid and shorter passing routes before starting the long vertical routes so that the long vertical routes will become far more potent.

5. Our offense needs to be creative and bring in a few wrinkles that no one has seen this season, but nothing stupid as has happened in the past. Play creative, aggressive, but controlled.

On 11/22/2017 at 6:04 PM, djg0017 said:

Coming back home to Auburn on Friday afternoon. Anybody with experience driving this way know if 65 or 280 is going to be lighter on traffic than the other? I know both will be hell.

I usually take 65 from HSV to AU, but wasn’t sure if more game traffic will go that way than 280.

Going to make a conjecture that more lanes plus a higher speed limit may be your friend going I-65...wonder about exiting I-65 S at Millbrook/Prattville and going Highway 14 East thru Wetumpka, Tallassee, "Not-so-ugly", 'Poka, to Auburn? Minus a tractor or two, it may literally be the road less traveled...

Well...yall know Gus will have some tricks up his sleeve for this game....either he will look like an idiot or a genius because of it...obviously hoping for the latter.

I tried to make a thread but for some reason I can’t. Probably because I’m new. I know this is really odd but Im Gonna ask antway. I’ll be there Saturday as a guest to a recruit in the end zone. I’m going to my first auburn game so I’m already nervous for the crowd and everything.. I’m told to enter Gate 10 and show up around 11am. Can anyone answer some of my questions on what it’s like?

1) where do we sit? What section are the recruits in? Is there assigned seating? 

2) are they chair backs or NO chair backs? It’s an unofficial visit and I’m his guest  

3) I was told something about before halftime the recruits walk down and leave the field into the lounge area. Is it required for the guest to leave the section and miss the game too? 

4) have you ever been on the recruiting trip? Someone mentioned a buffet, seeing the locker room, and then walking up and finding our seat moments before the game. Is that the case?

i do not know what to expect and was wondering if anyone had any experience dealing with it 

Not really familiar with the recruiting protocol, but don't be nervous. All you have to do is ask what you are invited to participate in and what you aren't. The recruits usually sit in the end zone, in a section under the Jumbotron and near the student section. I've seen that section with lots of people in it and also look fairly empty during the games, so that must be when they invite recruits to the recruiting lounge.  I feel sure that if you don't go with the recruit to the lounge, you could stay in the stadium and watch the game. I have heard that there are lots of recruits expected to attend the game this week, even some that are committed elsewhere.  Just be on good behavior and have fun.  Auburn is usually a friendly and safe environment.  It's going to be an awesome game! I hope you can find more info about the recruiting protocol from someone who knows more than me. War Eagle!

49 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

lol  that is spot the heck on to a T!

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

That's priceless! He is adorably SPOT on with what I've observed...thank you for finding this. I would think he would know if anyone would.

Now that Miami lost, suppose AU beats bama in a close one....

My guess is Clemson #1, Oklahoma #2, and Wisky #3.  Who would be #4?  Miami who has one loss and Ian about to play Clemson for ACCC?  bama Who was dominant all year and lost a close one on the road to a very competitive team? Or Auburn the only team in this scenario with 2 losses, but slayed 2 #1s in the last 3 games?  I’m not sure how “the committee” would look at it. 

Archived