Big 12/SEC Challenge

TigerOne

18 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We may lose this challenge. I don't see Kentucky beating WVU and Kansas is putting it to Texas A&M. Hopefully Arkansas and Vanderbilt can get us a tie

Most "experts" gave the SEC 2-3 wins in this challenge. It looks like they may be right. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Bama got a good one for the sec. never like to see them win but makes it easier when it helps AU. They have a solid team that could get better as the year goes. Never thought Avery would turn out to be a good hire but he's getting it done

I do not think he is a good actual coach. Their sets are nothing to write home about. It is pretty ugly actually and they do not get a lot of open looks and take a lot of bad shots THAT OF COURSE went in vs us. They are really big on the frontline though and get a lot of second chance points that hides  their weaknesses. They won vs us with hero ball. Dude was making steph curry like threes. He is a great recruiter however. They have more high end talent than us but we have a better overall and deeper team. Even without wiley and purifoy. I see them being honestly pretty bad to average next year without sexton.

Vandy stole one for the SEC....never would have thought that....so SEC already has 4 wins....

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Arkansas just won a thriller!

that arky win just keeps getting better and better and that bama loss gets less bad.

The worst the SEC can do is 5 and 5 in this challenge.  Nobody expected that.  Our SOS is getting better and better with every out of conference win by our opponents.  

Just now, AUDub said:

Come on, cats. 

the west virginia escalator like seating structure is making me dizzy! lol go cats indeed!!!!

Just now, Randman5000 said:

WV is tough. 

they remind me of virginia. What they lack in talent they make up with in effort, defense and intensity.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

they remind me of virginia. What they lack in talent they make up with in effort, defense and intensity.

I know you and Jeff were talking about UVA earlier. I like both teams. I'm pulling for some new blood in this year's tourney

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I know you and Jeff were talking about UVA earlier. I like both teams. I'm pulling for some new blood in this year's tourney

I will root for AU and duke! lol the only new blood I want is Auburn! WOOO!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will root for AU and duke! lol the only new blood I want is Auburn! WOOO!

Oh man...I hate Duke. We can't be friends any more. Lol

Oh man...I hate Duke. We can't be friends any more. Lol

check my profile on here! bandwagon dukie since 99! lol that is ok!!! I love people hating duke. It makes it a lot more fun! WOOOO!!!!

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

check my profile on here! bandwagon dukie since 99! lol that is ok!!! I love people hating duke. It makes it a lot more fun! WOOOO!!!!

My wife is a Duke grad....so you go ahead and ride the bandwagon.....:)  even in North Carolina about the only Duke fans I run across are Methodist preachers who went their Divinity School. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

My wife is a Duke grad....so you go ahead and ride the bandwagon.....:)  even in North Carolina about the only Duke fans I run across are Methodist preachers who went their Divinity School. 

I ALWAYS say duke basketball is the most impressive sports story in history! The non state school in only 38 seasons (how long coach K has been there) turned the tables and completely flipped the script on the blue blood in state powerhouse. YES! YES! AHHHH people think duke has this huge amazing big fanbase now but they STILL are severely outnumbered by unc fans/alumni in north carolina. Duke has way more of a impact on the national scale than in state. Duke is how ONE DAY! ONE DAY If we can find our coach K Auburn can be in football! It shows YES! it is possible to get a spot at the blue blood table if you originally were not. So many similarities with duke and AU. Duke was a GOOD program before K. Had a national runner up to it's name but def were nowhere near unc and where duke is now. I hope I live to see the day in football we become what coach k turned duke in to in basketball.

If Kentucky pulls this off, look for AU to make a big jump in the rankings

If kentucky wins I bet you they jump us because they are kentucky! lol

39 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

The SEC stole a couple games for sure, so its a least a tie. Home court is such a difference maker in college basketball. UK has made a run though and is back in it.

Shame that Georgia or SC were not able to pull it out. They were both in it right to the end. Only ole miss and a and m were completely out of their games, and the Kansas/ A and M game was their top team against our last place team. 

Archived