Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

At least SummerSlam was actually good unlike previous years. I was pleasantly surprised!!!! By my count: Becky/Natty, aj/richochet, fiend (sp?) Vs Balor, muhhhhhh girl Charlotte/Trish (my biased match of the night.) And Brock vs Rollins were all good matches. Also shane vs KO was not bad and ziggler vs Goldberg was perfect for what it needed to be. I give this show a 7.5 out of ten. I was very much sports entertained.

I was pleasantly surprised about how they re-debuted Wyatt.  That was sweet.  Otherwise nothing really stood out.  It was just a show to me.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, GwillMac6 said:

The only way to get put over a legend is by actually beating them. And there is a better chance that their presumed match at Summerslam ends up like Warrior and the Honkey Tonk man than dolph actually winning! haha. Do not worry you will get your Goldberg squash match! lol

Haha got my Goldberg squash times 3! That was fantastic fun. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Takeover kicked the main roster's ass.  Again.

I only watched the 2 of 3 match.  That was unbelievable!

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Charlotte/Trish (my biased match of the night.)

Ya know I said earlier I didn't have much interest in this match but it was legend vs legend so I had to watch. I'm glad I did. Trish is still a great performer,

Also did y'all notice Zigler said he was the best thing in "Pro Wrestling" instead of best thing in "Sports Entertainment"? Pro Wrestling has been dirty words for Vince. It had been years before last night since Vince allowed the talent to say it. Very interesting.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was very much sports entertained.

I enjoyed the pro wrestling myself. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I only watched the 2 of 3 match.  That was unbelievable!

You missed out then. IO Shiria/ Candice Larae was surprisingly good. Bazler/Yim was good. Profits/Undisputed was solid, & the North American title triple threat match wasn't as good as I hoped but still good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

You missed out then. IO Shiria/ Candice Larae was surprisingly good. Bazler/Yim was good. Profits/Undisputed was solid, & the North American title triple threat match wasn't as good as I hoped but still good.

Cool, I will go back and watch.  I saw the reviews for the main event and wanted to be sure to watch

I swear Rollins better not go back to feuding with Corbin since he won the belt back. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya know I said earlier I didn't have much interest in this match but it was legend vs legend so I had to watch. I'm glad I did. Trish is still a great performer,

Also did y'all notice Zigler said he was the best thing in "Pro Wrestling" instead of best thing in "Sports Entertainment"? Pro Wrestling has been dirty words for Vince. It had been years before last night since Vince allowed the talent to say it. Very interesting.

I enjoyed the pro wrestling myself. 😁

Yes, the Charlotte vs Trish match was well done.  Becky vs Natalya was good as well.  I don't consider any of them bad, but those stood out. 

20 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I swear Rollins better not go back to feuding with Corbin since he won the belt back. lol

giphy.gif

Gosh I love Becky.  Haha. 

What is up with Dolph not knowing when to shut up? 

Boss is back! Sasha will push Becky to the limit. She gave Ronda a good match last year.  Glad she's back.  The division needs her.  This will be fun. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Boss is back! Sasha will push Becky to the limit. She gave Ronda a good match last year.  Glad she's back.  The division needs her.  This will be fun. 

Raw women's division was in desperate needed of some more star power. So so soooooo glad she is back!!!! Letssssss gooooooo!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Raw women's division was in desperate needed of some more star power. So so soooooo glad she is back!!!! Letssssss gooooooo!!!!!!

And happy for the way she returned.  Legit Boss!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

And happy for the way she returned.  Legit Boss!

HEEL SASHA IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SASHA!!!!! Love it.

12 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Should have been the Summerslam match. Wow at the Canadian fans thanking Sasha for beating down home country girl Nattie.

Should have been the Summerslam match. Wow at the Canadian fans thanking Sasha for beating down home country girl Nattie.

I thought it would be Summerslam. Natty gets no love. That was brutal.  They were yelling boring while she was talking.  I think the heel role suits her better.  The build up she gave before summerslam was good.  

• Thanks 1

Buddy freaaaaaaaaking Murphy!!!!!!!!!! Let's effin go baaaaaaaaaay beeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a absolute stud!!!!!!!! About freaking time wwe gave him the chance to showcase what he can do to the mainstream audience!!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Buddy freaaaaaaaaking Murphy!!!!!!!!!! Let's effin go baaaaaaaaaay beeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a absolute stud!!!!!!!! About freaking time wwe gave him the chance to showcase what he can do to the mainstream audience!!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!

Yes! Moooooorrrrrreeee Muuuuuurrrrppphhhhhyyyy!

buddy.gif

• Love 1

Edited by AUBwins
Just dirty!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

That takes me back. Tony with Jim and Excalibur would be all star.  Excellent news. 

Did Bray Wyatt warn us about the Fiend 4 years ago? With Bray, it's possible.  That character could have just become that much more intriguing.  Bray is just gifted. 

Well Wednesday night's will be "Wrestling night" starting in October once AEW starts on TNT. Now WWE is moving NXT to the USA Network and will be expanded to 2 hours starting Sep. 18 at 8/7 p.m. CT

WWE announced Tuesday that the company's third major brand will be moving to national television. NXT will jump from the streaming-only WWE Network to cable giant USA Network with its first show set for Wednesday, Sept. 18, the company announced in a press release.

While the show is moving, NXT will remain on its long-time home of Wednesday nights. However, it will expand from one to two hours and begin airing live from 8-10 p.m. ET.

NXT was previously taped upwards of four episodes at a time at Full Sail University in a production facility near the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Production will remain at Full Sail, WWE said.

WWE has also ensured that NXT will remain a staple of the WWE Network by making the weekly show on demand every Thursday at 8 p.m. and keeping the NXT TakeOver special events on their streaming service.

"The move to USA Network provides an opportunity to deepen our relationship with NBCUniversal and further build the NXT brand," said WWE chairman and CEO Vince McMahon in a statement. "Over the long term our goal is to develop a following that can be monetized to the same level as our flagship programs, Raw and SmackDown."

"USA Network and WWE have one of the longest and most successful partnerships in television history," said USA and SYFY president Chris McCumber. "As the #1 cable entertainment network, we're excited to add NXT to our weekly lineup alongside powerhouse flagship Raw, and to bring a new generation of Superstars to a wide audience."

Despite NXT originally being transitioned into a developmental brand for WWE -- a place where talent in the PC could hone their skills and learn how to perform for a televised audience -- its weekly show and quarterly pay-per-views have become critically acclaimed. In fact, many professional wrestling fans and journalists prefer NXT to the weekly WWE product.

The NXT move comes at a critical juncture for WWE as it is facing a true external threat for the first time in decades. All Elite Wrestling, an upstart wrestling promotion with a billionaire financier, formally launched in January. The company has already seen massive, perhaps unprecedented, success with hardcore fans in selling out arenas for PPVs and TV tapings. It will launch its own TNT-based TV show, which is expected to be called AEW Revolution, on Wednesday, Oct. 2.

WWE moving NXT off its network and to a cable competitor is both a shrewd business decision and a clear move to thwart the upstart AEW. Live programming is highly sought after and earning premiums from networks that are looking to add as many non-DVR viewers as possible to their stations.

When WWE agreed to move its SmackDown Live program to Fox -- that partnership begins on Friday, Oct. 4 -- it was long-believed that NXT would find a home on FS1, which is already going to be airing a weekly WWE studio show. However, a Big East basketball broadcasting agreement -- many of the conference's games are held on Wednesday nights -- likely threw a wrench in that plan. Fox, which recently lost UFC rights to ESPN, is looking to fill many of those gaps with WWE programming.

In terms of what NXT's move to USA Network means for the brand's identity, that remains to be seen. NXT is presently overseen by Paul "Triple H" Levesque, a current WWE superstar and the company's executive vice president of talent, live events and creative. WWE chairman and CEO Vince McMahon runs Raw and SmackDown, and while he recently hired Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff to serve as executive directors of those respective shows, the final say with creative still lies with McMahon.

WWE fans who have become accustomed and attracted to NXT's more rugged and realistic style with long-term booking, thorough storytelling and (often times) more exciting in-ring action may or may not see changes come to the brand with it moving to USA Network. That is certainly a concern for NXT die-hards.

For now, all we can do is wait and see what exactly WWE announces on Monday night and what the company has in store for NXT going forward.

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-moves-nxt-to-usa-network-expands-show-to-two-hours-starting-in-september/

• Love 1