Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sooo @GwillMac6 Daniel Bryan threw some shade at ya boy Seth Rollins by liking this tweet someone posted about wrestlers better than Rollins. He subsequently unliked the tweet...

image.png

I went further down the rabbit hole. I think it all stems from a tweet Seth made saying find anyone better than him. Then Seth & my favorite wrestler in the world right now Will Ospreay had an interesting back & forth on twitter...

A Full Recap of the Seth Rollins vs. Will Ospreay Online Feud

I mean Daniel Bryan is my second favorite wrestler of all time behind Charlotte lol. so D Bry is way more my boy than Rollins. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean Daniel Bryan is my second favorite wrestler of all time behind Charlotte lol. so D Bry is way more my boy than Rollins. 

Oh. I’ve heard you push Rollins more than Bryan so I didn’t know.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sooo @GwillMac6 Daniel Bryan threw some shade at ya boy Seth Rollins by liking this tweet someone posted about wrestlers better than Rollins. He subsequently unliked the tweet...

image.png

I went further down the rabbit hole. I think it all stems from a tweet Seth made saying find anyone better than him. Then Seth & my favorite wrestler in the world right now Will Ospreay had an interesting back & forth on twitter...

A Full Recap of the Seth Rollins vs. Will Ospreay Online Feud

I like Rollins fairly well in WWE but he came off as a complete douche in that feud. Comparing bank accounts when you're talking about who the best is, is very dumb. If we're comparing money then that means Brock Lesnar is the greatest wrestler to ever wrestle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Oh. I’ve heard you push Rollins more than Bryan so I didn’t know.

lol I mean D Bry made my about me profile on here which is to the left of this post if that is any indication. That is hilarious he liked that post. He had not liked anything for 3 weeks on twitter. Rollins and him are good friends but I am sure he is rolling his eyes at Rollins twitter antics lately. 

Edited by GwillMac6

• Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

How meaningful is that, you think? Is that real change? 

Not since they will just report straight to Vince. He has to change. But he won't. He is to far gone. Plus he is a old man now. Way too stubborn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not since they will just report straight to Vince. He has to change. But he won't. He is to far gone. Plus he is a old man now. Way too stubborn.

I thought this was the wrestling forum? Oh, VINCE. Whoops, read that too fast. My bad.

• Haha 1

Anyone gonna watch the AEW show this Saturday Night?

AEW Fyter Fest match card

Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. The Lucha Brothers & Laredo Kid

Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela

Cody vs. Darby Allin

Hangman Page vs. MJF vs. Jimmy Havoc vs. Jungle Boy

Christopher Daniels vs. CIMA

Nyla Rose vs. Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki

Michael Nakazawa vs. Alex Jebailey in a hardcore match (The Buy In)

SCU vs. Best Friends vs. Private Party (The Buy In)
Winners earn shot at All Out for first-round bye in world tag team championship tournament

Source

Edited by Auburn Kev
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That's exactly how I feel. As long as Vince is still running things, WWE will continue the way it has been. Wasn't it about 6 months ago that Vince came out and said there would be no "authority figures" and how they were going to listen to the "universe"? And what happened? We now have Shane taking up about 50% of the screen time. The only thing that has changed is the fans are sick and tired of WWE and are showing it by not coming to live events.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

That's exactly how I feel. As long as Vince is still running things, WWE will continue the way it has been. Wasn't it about 6 months ago that Vince came out and said there would be no "authority figures" and how they were going to listen to the "universe"? And what happened? We now have Shane taking up about 50% of the screen time. The only thing that has changed is the fans are sick and tired of WWE and are showing it by not coming to live events.

THIS RIGHT HERE is one of the biggest things wrong with WWE right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

How meaningful is that, you think? Is that real change? 

Very well could be real change. Remember Bischoff beat Vince McMahon for 83 straight weeks 20 years ago in  call Hammond shook the wrestling world with ECW during the same time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Paul and Bishoff are the two most successful people against Vince in the past. If anybody can get through to him it is those two.

7 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Anyone gonna watch the AEW show this Saturday Night?

Yep! And since it hasn’t been discussed yet I think it’s pathetic WWE is putting a live event on the WWE network the same time as AEW’s charity Fyter Fest event next month. AEW’s event is for charity. Putting an event against a charity event is just mind-numbingly pathetic. Vince McMahon is a worthless piece of poop. 

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

THIS RIGHT HERE is one of the biggest things wrong with WWE right now.

A good ways behind taking blood money from Saudi Arabia and putting a live event on the network the same time as another company has a charity event.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yep! And since it hasn’t been discussed yet I think it’s pathetic WWE is putting a live event on the WWE network the same time as AEW’s event. AEW’s event is for charity. Putting event against a charity event is just mind-numbingly pathetic. Vince McMahon is a worthless piece of poop. 

Are you thinking of Fight for the Fallen on 7/13? I see the WWE has scheduled an event on the same date.

Kenny Omega Responds

3 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Are you thinking of Fight for the Fallen on 7/13? I see the WWE has scheduled an event on the same date.

Kenny Omega Responds

Yes. I didn't say in my post that I was referring to Fyter Fest. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to type the name of the event,.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yes. I didn't say in my post that I was referring to Fyter Fest. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to type the name of the event,.

My apologies. Misread your post. Not a good day for me

15 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

My apologies. Misread your post. Not a good day for me

Hope things get better & my OP wasn't clear.

From PW Insider, who is generally considered a good source of wrestling news FWIW.

We are told that they will be overseeing all aspects of their individual series, answering directly to Vince McMahon.  They are now the top of the pyramid, respectively, for Raw and Smackdown but obviously McMahon will always have the last say.  One WWE source compared their roles to Paul Levesque's in NXT in that they will be in charge, but it's still Vince's company.

I totally get GWill's skepticism but I'm still getting hopeful...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I love how Fyter Fest will be free. Probably all will be until they go 2 hrs on TNT once a week. @ellitor I thought Moxley vs Omega was built up to be next.  Did I miss an event? 

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I thought Moxley vs Omega was built up to be next.  Did I miss an event? 

It's going to be at the All Out PPV on Aug. 31st. The same day college football start for most teams.

Edited by ellitor

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's going to be at the All Out PPV on Aug. 31st. The same day college football start for most teams.

Ok good deal

On 6/27/2019 at 2:02 PM, ellitor said:

Very well could be real change. Remember Bischoff beat Vince McMahon for 83 straight weeks 20 years ago in  call Hammond shook the wrestling world with ECW during the same time.

Yep I remember...switched over to vince around 97 when Rock was still with the Nation...............used to watch Gulf Coast Wrestling with Charlie Platt..............rember the Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller, Jerry Stubbs, Austin Idol..........oh the memories.