Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Hope GB has a better showing if so.  The last one pained my heart.  I can see the disrespect card of Dolf against legends and the legends stepping up against Dolf. Interesting. 

Yeah. It's expected to be a squash match. I wonder if Dolph's sell will rival this legendary sell of the spear...

giphy.gif

• Love 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. It's expected to be a squash match. I wonder if Dolph's sell will rival this legendary sell of the spear...

giphy.gif

That would be fun for guys like me that grew up thinking Goldberg was the best thing going.  I actually like the idea if Dolph getting squashed by several legends in subsequent weeks, answering the call to not disrespect the legends that provided the business platform it is today. Maybe they could also achieve this by having the legends each perform their finisher at one event down the road to punctuate the story.  An unannounced list of legends would make the place go nuts. 

Edited by AUBwins

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

The wrestling observer newsletter came out yesterday and they said there are two new matches to be expected for summer slam. One is Roman Reigns versus Daniel Bryan and the other is Goldberg versus Dolph Zigler.

That is a Mania main event level match right there. Summerslam Card with Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns and Charlotte vs Trish is already better than the cards of most recent manias.

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That would be fun for guys like me that grew up thinking Goldberg was the best thing going.  I actually like the idea if Dolph getting squashed by several legends in subsequent weeks, answering the call to not disrespect the legends that provided the business platform it is today. Maybe they could also achieve this by having the legends each perform their finisher at one event down the road to punctuate the story.  An unannounced list of legends would make the place go nuts. 

Hasn't dolph suffered enough?!?!? hahaha WWE already is never going to let him reach the heights that he should because he has a ton of talent but getting buried every week?! Leave that for Heath Slater! lol.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hasn't dolph suffered enough?!?!? hahaha WWE already is never going to let him reach the heights that he should because he has a ton of talent but getting buried every week?! Leave that for Heath Slater! lol.

But he's a heel, so getting buried by legends can still put him over. Either way he is getting exposure. Besides it would be fun, so don't ruin it for me! 

CZk1IX4.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

But he's a heel, so getting buried by legends can still put him over. Either way he is getting exposure. Besides it would be fun, so don't ruin it for me! 

CZk1IX4.gif

The only way to get put over a legend is by actually beating them. And there is a better chance that their presumed match at Summerslam ends up like Warrior and the Honkey Tonk man than dolph actually winning! haha. Do not worry you will get your Goldberg squash match! lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The only way to get put over a legend is by actually beating them. And there is a better chance that their presumed match at Summerslam ends up like Warrior and the Honkey Tonk man than dolph actually winning! haha. Do not worry you will get your Goldberg squash match! lol

wonka.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

wonka.gif

er 4.gif

On 8/3/2019 at 8:15 PM, AUBwins said:

775bdedd0c6b0d974d11c8b868a9acd4.gif

Yes sir! This is for you Dolph. 

2nsMzRv.gif

• Haha 1

Just thinking back, Raw was fun last night.  Storytelling has been a bit more creative with more meat to it so to speak. Actually went against what I thought would happen at times and kept me guessing which was good, up through the Sweet Chin Music to go off air with.  Best Raw for me to enjoy in a while.  Felt like a go home show should. Biggest surprise to me was the quality finish if the fatal 4 way women's tag.  Didn't see Alexa and Nikki turning it around and finishing it like they did.  That was a fun match.  Alexa's Twisted Bliss was perfection. She looked good doing it too :)

• Love 1

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Just thinking back, Raw was fun last night.  Storytelling has been a bit more creative with more meat to it so to speak. Actually went against what I thought would happen at times and kept me guessing which was good, up through the Sweet Chin Music to go off air with.  Best Raw for me to enjoy in a while.  Felt like a go home show should. Biggest surprise to me was the quality finish if the fatal 4 way women's tag.  Didn't see Alexa and Nikki turning it around and finishing it like they did.  That was a fun match.  Alexa's Twisted Bliss was perfection. She looked good doing it too :)

Don't get me wrong I like Alexa Bliss but I don't really like that she and Nikki won the titles.

I'm a fan of the Kabuki Warriors. I feel like they should have won the titles since they had been chasing the titles on Smackdown and never really got a fair shot. They had a tag title match on Smackdown 3 weeks ago but the IIconics just walked away and were counted out so they retained their titles. Instead of the Kabuki Warrors getting a true rematch, last night they throw together a 4 Way elimination match and let Alexa and Nikki win the titles.

Sadly WWE just doesn't seem to care about the women's tag team division all that much and it's shown.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/8/6/20757070/paige-iiconics-kabuki-warriors-never-got-actual-opportunity-wwe-womens-tag-title-feud

Also, since the women's tag team titles were first won back in February they've only been defended on 2 PPV's: Fastlane and WM 35. That shows how little the WWE have tried to build the women's tag team division. If they were going to let Alexa and Nikki win the titles why didn't they just save the match for SummerSlam at least? Instead they have a title change on RAW with no build up what so ever.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Don't get me wrong I like Alexa Bliss but I don't really like that she and Nikki won the titles.

I'm a fan of the Kabuki Warriors. I feel like they should have won the titles since they had been chasing the titles on Smackdown and never really got a fair shot. They had a tag title match on Smackdown 3 weeks ago but the IIconics just walked away and were counted out so they retained their titles. Instead of the Kabuki Warrors getting a true rematch, last night they throw together a 4 Way elimination match and let Alexa and Nikki win the titles.

Sadly WWE just doesn't seem to care about the women's tag team division all that much and it's shown.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/8/6/20757070/paige-iiconics-kabuki-warriors-never-got-actual-opportunity-wwe-womens-tag-title-feud

Also, since the women's tag team titles were first won back in February they've only been defended on 2 PPV's: Fastlane and WM 35. That shows how little the WWE have tried to build the women's tag team division. If they were going to let Alexa and Nikki win the titles why didn't they just save the match for SummerSlam at least? Instead they have a title change on RAW with no build up what so ever.

The problem is vince has  not cared about tag team wrestling in a long time. There are some really awesome teams in the womens tag division. I have a feeling though if there is a match for the womens tag titles at Summerslam that the Kabuki Warriors win. I think the long term plan is for them to have a long term title run and for alexa and nikki to break up and enter in to a feud vs each other in singles.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

The problem is vince has long not cared about tag team wrestling. There are some really awesome teams in the womens tag division. I have a feeling though if there is a match for the womens tag titles at Summerslam that the Kabuki Warriors win. I think the long term plan is for them to have a long term title run and for alexa and nikki to break up enter in to a feud vs each other in singles.

I think this is the route they will go. I prefer Kabuki as well. I really like that team.  I was just referencing the way it went down was unexpected to me. 

The way these titles have not been defended probably adds more fuel to the fire of Sasha's disgust at not running with them long. It's worked out for Bayley though. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AUBwins said:

She looked good doing it too

Well she is the goddess. She looks good doing everything...

9073e202f36711855d98c4bacff19394.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Sadly WWE just doesn't seem to care about the women's tag team division all that much and it's shown

True but with Alexa having the titles now they'll at least get more exposure barring anymore injuries as they love putting her on tv.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

True but with Alexa having the titles now they'll at least get more exposure barring anymore injuries as they love putting her on tv.

Other than being beautiful, she knows her character and sells it perfectly.  She is good with the mic as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Other than being beautiful, she knows her character and sells it perfectly.  She is good with the mic as well. 

Whenever she hangs em up someday, she would be an awesome heel commentator.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Whenever she hangs em up someday, she would be an awesome heel commentator.

Good point.  Curious how long before she will hang them up.  She is still young enough to stay a while, but has really had some injury issues in the last year. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Good point.  Curious how long before she will hang them up.  She is still young enough to stay a while, but has really had some injury issues in the last year. 

Yup! Every time she takes a bump I pray her opponent executes correctly so she doesn't get another head injury.

• Like 1

Takeover Toronto tonight, then Summer Slam tomorrow. Let's get it. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Takeover Toronto tonight, then Summer Slam tomorrow. Let's get it. 

Well crap, my subscription ended lol oh well. 

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, AUBwins said:

Well crap, my subscription ended lol oh well. 

Takeover kicked the main roster's ass.  Again.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Takeover kicked the main roster's ass.  Again.

At least SummerSlam was actually good unlike previous years. I was pleasantly surprised!!!! By my count: Becky/Natty, aj/richochet, fiend (sp?) Vs Balor, muhhhhhh girl Charlotte/Trish (my biased match of the night.) And Brock vs Rollins were all good matches. Also shane vs KO was not bad and ziggler vs Goldberg was perfect for what it needed to be. I give this show a 7.5 out of ten. I was very much sports entertained.

Edited by GwillMac6

I will say it was utterly stupid that you could not start the build earlier to get 2 of your biggest stars in dbry and Roman reigns in to a match on the card. Like come on wwe get your crap together. Now instead of a match between them at a marquee ppv it will be at some b level ppv. SMH.

• Like 1