NCAA Golf Championships

BJCrawford

Auburn in third right now. Day two. Anyone in the know question, was the regional being played in Norman based on Oklahoma’s seating? Or are the regional locations pre determined? Seems like a big advantage to be playing on a course that a team plays on frequently. 

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Auburn in third right now. Day two. Anyone in the know question, was the regional being played in Norman based on Oklahoma’s seating? Or are the regional locations pre determined? Seems like a big advantage to be playing on a course that a team plays on frequently. 

Pre-determined years in advance.  This year's sites were announced back in 2015.

Tied for fourth still in good shape shot 3 under today Peppertine shot an amazing 14 under..................hard to believe. That will not happen tomorrow just need to keep our score under par and all should be good. Get to the nationals baby anything can happen

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

AU dropped to 6th on this final day about half way through their round. They are 2 shots out of 4th/5th. You can follow here:

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=15134

Based on that leaderboard, I think that I may go try to walk on at Prairie View A&M for golf?....

Looks like AU birdied the last hole putting them sqarely in fourth. Everyone is finished so AU moves on to the big dance.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Based on that leaderboard, I think that I may go try to walk on at Prairie View A&M for golf?....

You wouldn't want that.  Prarie View is in the middle of BFE East Texas.

36 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

That was just too close! Arkansas could still grab that last spot from FSU

They did!  We tied with Arky for the last spot.  FSU going home.

58 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Looks like AU birdied the last hole putting them sqarely in fourth. Everyone is finished so AU moves on to the big dance.

:timeout: damn to close for my old heart

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Tied for fourth still in good shape shot 3 under today Peppertine shot an amazing 14 under..................hard to believe. That will not happen tomorrow just need to keep our score under par and all should be good. Get to the nationals baby anything can happen

Looks like Peppertine shot 21 more strokes today then yesterday just goes to show you what can happen in golf

On the bright side, our guys should be ready for the different type of heat in Oklahoma since we played in Norman.  The championships are in Stillwater.

Do we have a reasonable chance to win it all? Gosh I sure hope so!

A question....will the score we currently have carry over to the final championship or will everyone start at zero with all teams on the same start?

39 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Do we have a reasonable chance to win it all? Gosh I sure hope so!

A question....will the score we currently have carry over to the final championship or will everyone start at zero with all teams on the same start?

Everyone that makes the final week starts from scratch.  They all play a few rounds, then the top eight teams go into bracket style match play to determine a champ.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Everyone that makes the final week starts from scratch.  They all play a few rounds, then the top eight teams go into bracket style match play to determine a champ.

If we can make it to match play we have an outside shot the big question is can we make it to match play

8 hours ago, fredst said:

I had no idea PVA&M had golf

10 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I had no idea PVA&M had golf

They have golf.....but no so much in the way of golfers it seems. 

Makes you wonder how they got in a regional....maybe golf has the same set up as basketball where conference winners are guaranteed a slot?     Four or Five teams were clearly not competitive at the level of the leading teams. 

Archived