Brown Liquor Time

fredst

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

jPfh5iN.jpg

This is so, so good. It’s better than SR and 12yr. 107 is still my favorite, but CYPB fills some gaps. $60 bottle. 

Hah. I have that same Glenlivet glass. I bet a lot of us do, though. 

Sigh. Maybe I'll get my hands on some allocated Weller- any of them- again someday. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

rWghqvI.jpg

If I could just have that front row across I’d be one happy man. Not familiar with the Weller CYPB- what does that stand for?

1 hour ago, fredst said:

If I could just have that front row across I’d be one happy man. Not familiar with the Weller CYPB- what does that stand for?

Craft Your Perfect Bourbon. Buffalo Trace let people vote on the mash bill and they made it. First time they’ve done it. 

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Craft Your Perfect Bourbon. Buffalo Trace let people vote on the mash bill and they made it. First time they’ve done it. 

Very cool. What is the mash bill, do they say?

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Picked up the Knob Creek Single Barrell. 120 proof. I like it. 

We have store picks of that available all the time. We actually just sampled for our next barrel, which were uncut around 130-140 proof. They’ll add water to get it to 120, but the samples we got were pretty good. 

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m picking some up today. We have a load of it around here.

That's something else I love about that bourbon. They made a sh** ton of it. No risk of @ShocksMyBrain having to file a restraining order against you for popping out from behind his shower curtain asking when the truck is gonna show up DAMMIT I made it weird again, sorry guys...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That's something else I love about that bourbon. They made a sh** ton of it. No risk of @ShocksMyBrain having to file a restraining order against you for popping out from behind his shower curtain asking when the truck is gonna show up DAMMIT I made it weird again, sorry guys...

Old Forester did sell out of 1910 until next year though. 

http://www.gobourbon.com/happy-holidays-old-forester-is-sold-out-of-1910-old-fine-whisky/

I just finished up some Irons One over the Christmas holiday. It's a whiskey from a distillery in Huntsville.  Very nice.

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I just finished up some Irons One over the Christmas holiday. It's a whiskey from a distillery in Huntsville.  Very nice.

Welcome to the sane corner of this website!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Very cool. My neighbors gave me a bottle of that for Christmas (if that tells y’all anything about my whiskey addiction 😜). Haven’t had a chance to try it yet with call obligations through the holidays but look forward to it.

• Like 1

I’m somewhat curious about what y’all’s go to bourbon/whiskey is. I normally drink Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare if I don’t find something different that really interest me. If I’m going cheap, I go with Wild Turkey 🦃 101. Eagle Rare is very nice for a relatively good price.