Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

Is Gus having his weekly presser today or is that stopping until it’s gets closer to our lackluster bowl game?

God I wish we could just turn down whatever bowl invite we get and call it a year. I could do without another trash performance.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

UGA is on more of Saban's path.  They made the title game in the 2nd year, not the first.  Kirby, like Saban, went 7-6 in year one.  Things got rolling in year two.

And things aren't regressing over there.  They just finished an 11-1 season for the 2nd straight year.

Ahh you always beat me to it! 

2 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Yep. It's not the Auburn plane. Wish we had someone at the Norman airport to see who gets out of it.

Right, but who would be using that plane to conduct this business?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ahh you always beat me to it! 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

UGA is going back to another SEC championship game tbh...if they win by some sort of Godly Intervention they will be in the playoffs. Still early for Kirby but they don’t seem to have the same trajectory that we did.

Not to mention the absolutely stupid amount of blue chips he's raking in. 

2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Kelly B is going to announce his new team on Dec 4th.

Going off info from another thread he’ll go to NC and don’t really blame him. Would take a Stoops hire to have a chance at this point I think .

UGA is on more of Saban's path.  They made the title game in the 2nd year, not the first.  Kirby, like Saban, went 7-6 in year one.  Things got rolling in year two.

And things aren't regressing over there.  They just finished an 11-1 season for the 2nd straight year.

They didn't look near as dominant to me this year as they did last year.  They were somewhat manhandled by LSU.  I felt like we should have made our game with them really close.

I'll be in interested to see what they do against Alabama this weekend.

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Going off info from another thread he’ll go to NC and don’t really blame him. Would take a Stoops hire to have a chance at this point I think .

Damn.  I hadn't heard that.  I was holding out hope for Bryant and Freeze.

Just now, KolchakAU85 said:

Damn.  I hadn't heard that.  I was holding out hope for Bryant and Freeze.

I think it would be very unwise for freeze to come here as an OC.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

UGA is going back to another SEC championship game tbh...if they win by some sort of Godly Intervention they will be in the playoffs. Still early for Kirby but they don’t seem to have the same trajectory that we did.

Yeah, their hopeful downfall is probably just fantasy on my part.

I hate UGA.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Curious, why do you think so?  Conventional opinion is that Gus and Hugh would go together like shrimp 'n grits...

3 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

They didn't look near as dominant to me this year as they did last year.  They were somewhat manhandled by LSU.  I felt like we should have made our game with them really close.

They don't have that 7th year starter at running back thumping teams like they have had in years past. Defense didn't reload to the degree that Bama does. Fields will take over at QB next year and their running game will improve too. This year's Georgia is the worst we'll see for the next 5 years.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Welcome ! And yes , it would be unwise for any OC to come now knowing behind the scenes, the money makers are doing everything possible to end Gus. This seems to be the only consistent consensus between the insiders.

Sounds as if we have all our eggs in one basket in a cart that's in front of the horse, but I'm on the outside looking in obviously.  Greene is earning his paycheck today.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

At some point, the man will deserve a 2nd chance.  And he's an offensive genius.  We need one of those, and there don't seem to be a lot of them available.

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

At some point, the man will deserve a 2nd chance.  And he's an offensive genius.  We need one of those, and there don't seem to be a lot of them available.

I think DAG is saying it wouldn't be smart on Freeze's side.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And the lack of a program.  Each year is a toss up. There is no guiding principle, no foundation, no direction, no focus, and no identity. We don't have a football program. Each year is unknown. We never seem to build or develop towards the future.

7 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

They are a much younger team than they were last year.  Lost a ton of seniors and still went 11-1.  Remember, we manhandled them in their only loss last year, but were still one play away from a national title.  They're really, really good and Kirby has that thing going for the long haul.

Just now, Zeek said:

I think DAG is saying it wouldn't be smart on Freeze's side.

I don't know why it would be unwise.  If the man can score 40+ at Ole Miss against Saban twice, he'll have success just about anywhere as an OC.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

They don't have that 7th year starter at running back thumping teams like they have had in years past. Defense didn't reload to the degree that Bama does. Fields will take over at QB next year and their running game will improve too. This year's Georgia is the worst we'll see for the next 5 years.

in 2017 Georgia averaged 258.4 rushing yds per game, 5.8 ypc

2018 260.4 ypg & 6.3 ypc

No drop off in their rushing attack. They are averaging more total offense in 2018 than in 2017, about 46 yds per game

Source

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I don't know why it would be unwise.  If the man can score 40+ at Ole Miss against Saban twice, he'll have success just about anywhere as an OC.

Hopping on to a sinking ship though.

They are a much younger team than they were last year.  Lost a ton of seniors and still went 11-1.  Remember, we manhandled them in their only loss last year, but were still one play away from a national title.  They're really, really good and Kirby has that thing going for the long haul.

I'm afraid you're right.  I just hate UGA.  Kirby's "in your face" fake FG a few weeks ago just took my hate of UGA to another level.

8 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Everyone needs to slow down.  We have not reached the “spouse seen looking at new homes in Auburn area”  yet.  

Have we not learned anything here in the family?  

I heard there was a report of a pirate ship  at Lake Martin!!!

Archived