Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

If Auburn flew to Oklahoma to meet a coach I hope it’s Lincoln Riley and Not Gundy.  

Gus met with Leath this morning per PMarsh.  The end may be near or not.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

For one Greene. I do think he is smart enough to know that Gus needs to make some changes , it doesn’t necessarily mean he should be the one gone. I also believe Gus is smart enough to know this as well.

Well I won't go into detail here but there will be some staff changes if Gus stays. But the ones going will surprise a lot of people. Same with the ones staying. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Most of the year. Still has a home in Norman. Don't think that plane is heading to see Stoops BTW. 

So you're saying we're going after Lincoln Riley?  That's awesome!  It all makes so much sense, now!

Lincoln Riley as Auburn's new head coach!  

If it's Mike Stoops I'm gonna cry.

Just now, Win4AU said:

If Auburn flew to Oklahoma to meet a coach I hope it’s Lincoln Riley and Not Gundy.  

The end maybe near, or not, or somewhere in between. Just kidding, just kidding!

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think he will be unless he gets another job offer by then

Hopefully he gets the UT position.  He and Gus don’t need to butt heads another year.

Just now, AURealist said:

So you're saying we're going after Lincoln Riley?  That's awesome!  It all makes so much sense, now!

Riley's next stop is going to be the NFL. Sooner than later I believe. 

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Yeah I just don't know if I can get on the Gundy train. He seems like a class A tool. Give me Leach or give me death!

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thats what we keep hearing, but why hasn’t it been done? If things between them are as bad as we’ve been led to believe, why would both of them like to cut ties and go separate ways? I ask rhetorically. 

Well it’s only been a couple of days since the iron bowl haha. Season is not over yet. For all we know Lindsey is looking for a job at this moment. I don’t think Gus will fire him , just like he didn’t fire Lashlee. He did fire Ellis, but that was on the other side of the ball, which directly did not involve him.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

The end maybe near, or not, or somewhere in between. Just kidding, just kidding!

Probably the closest to facts that we have available!!!

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Well I won't go into detail here but there will be some staff changes if Gus stays. But the ones going will surprise a lot of people. Same with the ones staying. 

Please, please, please go into detail here.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Seriously, if you have some detail you feel is credible, we'd love to hear (read) it.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

I'd start watching Auburn Basketball, baseball and softball and Stanford football. I'd have to become a night owl, but I'd do it if we hired Mike Stoops. 

1 hour ago, KolchakAU85 said:

From other investigative reporters who independently sought and found sources that give the same, or very similar, info that Moon is giving.

Certainly this story, if true, is too big to keep under wraps so tight that only a clueless political commentator from Montgomery was savvy enough to crack it.

If and when credible sports reporters like Dan Wetzel says they've heard some credible info, I'll get excited.

Just stop talking now.  You apparently know nothing of Moon's history.  He's a former full time sports reporter who then focused on politics.  He also has a track record for breaking some big stories in the Montgomery area.  He's not a hack.

I don't have any inside sources, but this is taking on the early appearance of a jet-gate sized mess. 

I suspect we'll get stuck with a lame duck next year and end up hiring something very underwhelming after a six win season. I guess that really is just the Auburn way. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well it’s only been a couple of days since the iron bowl haha. Season is not over yet. For all we know Lindsey is looking for a job at this moment. I don’t think Gus will fire him , just like he didn’t fire Lashlee. He did fire Ellis, but that was on the other side of the ball, which directly did not involve him.

Strategy.  Do you fire before or after the early signing period? 

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Hopefully he gets the UT position.  He and Gus don’t need to butt heads another year.

Why does it always seem like our heach coach is butting heads with the assistants he's hired? This crap goes back to Tubs, that I can remember. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

Strategy.  Do you fire before or after the early signing period? 

I think you are on to something 

Chip is the hinge-pin. There's no way he works another year under Gus, period. Why hasn't he been let go yet? 1)moving on to another job without being fired 2)the head fish is moving on, so it doesn't matter anyway. 

There's probably more scenarios, but this story has legs. 

I'm calling my shot:

By end of week, Gus takes job at Texas Tech with negotiated $ with Auburn. He leaves all nice and warm, saying Auburn is Cray cray and he's excited for the opportunity.

Chip moves on to the OC position at TN.

Auburn goes full-court press on their replacement (whom they have already received commitment from) and saves face with a splash hire...enduring two days of a bad press news cycle before turning hope around before Christmas.

put it on the board. 

If I'm wrong, pretend I'm Finebaum.

Just now, DAG said:

I think you are on to something 

Before this news got out, after. Now it doesn't matter. UNLESS you have such a big name coming in that it would improve the recruiting class.

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Chip is the hinge-pin. There's no way he works another year under Gus, period. Why hasn't he been let go yet? 1)moving on to another job without being fired 2)the head fish is moving on, so it doesn't matter anyway. 

I'm calling my shot:

By end of week, Gus takes job at Texas Tech with negotiated $ with Auburn. He leaves all nice and warm, saying Auburn is Cray cray and he's excited for the opportunity.

Auburn goes full-court press on their replacement (whom they have already received commitment from) and saves face with a splash hire...enduring two days of a bad press news cycle before turning hope around before Christmas.

put it in the board.

Would love this scenario. Get it done before December 19th please Auburn!

If we're allowed to dream I would absolutely flip out if they somehow got Peterson from Washington. With SEC talent I think that guy could rock the college football world.

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I'm calling my shot:

put it in the board.

Thank you for this PTB. When you say stuff, I listen.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Just stop talking now.  You apparently know nothing of Moon's history.  He's a former full time sports reporter who then focused on politics.  He also has a track record for breaking some big stories in the Montgomery area.  He's not a hack.

No.

But you're right about me not knowing much about Moon's history.  However, at the present, this story seems to me to be hack-inspired.

But the truth is this: I hope you're all right, and that this evening we'll see Allen Greene and Bob Stoops shaking hands and smiling behind a podium somewhere.

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This isn't really saying anything though

Archived