Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Would love this scenario. Get it done before December 19th please Auburn!

If we're allowed to dream I would absolutely flip out if they somehow got Peterson from Washington. With SEC talent I think that guy could rock the college football world.

I don't remember specifics, but Peterson has a family member (son?) with some special medical needs and the west coast hospitals offer them the best stability. I can't see him coming out this way. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, passthebiscuits said:

I don't remember specifics, but Peterson has a family member (son?) with some special medical needs and the west coast hospitals offer them the best stability. I can't see him coming out this way. 

Ah thanks. He's always been my dream hire. Dabo would still be insane, unlikely, but again I just wanna be a dreamer!

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ah thanks. He's always been my dream hire. Dabo would still be insane, unlikely, but again I just wanna be a dreamer!

I am honestly at a point where I am not sure who I want.  Besides a Defensive Minded HC

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Everyone expects OC, RB, OL.

I'm already preparing for my beatings for this post, but I'd like to see Grimes stay and work with the O-line for another year.  No coach could have gotten much more, if anything, from them this year.

31 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Sorry man, just because we want Gus gone doesn't mean its going to happen. If this was happening it would have happened yesterday. News of it would have leaked and then within a couple hours it would have been official. Since that has not happened i think what we have here is just disgruntled big name boosters venting to the press. That article about plan A, B, and C sounds like the ramblings of 2 drunk AU fans at a tailgate. Just my opinion of course and i could be wrong. I claim no sources. Just a limited understanding of how the world works. 

I’m not being sarcastic, but can you give some examples where this has happened as quickly from the moment something like this has leaked like you say it has? Specifically examples that are as complicated as ours, where you have a coach who hasn’t even been officially fired yet or has taken another job somewhere else who also has an enormous buyout?

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:
16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Well I won't go into detail here but there will be some staff changes if Gus stays. But the ones going will surprise a lot of people. Same with the ones staying. 

This isn't really saying anything though

Yep! Just another way of saying JABA.

Just now, auburnphan said:

I am honestly at a point where I am not sure who I want.

Not exactly a treasure trove of quality big name coaches available these days. All the teams grabbed them up while we've been screwing around for 5 years.

Just now, KolchakAU85 said:

I'm already preparing for my beatings for this post, but I'd like to see Grimes stay and work with the O-line for another year.  No coach could have gotten much more, if anything, from them this year.

We can't afford the lack of recruiting.

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

First of all stop acting like a child. I was being cordial with you for a bit. I agree that he was aware but the idea that he would object to something of some sort is ridiculous, he doesn’t even have the job. What do you expect him to do ? Veto it? 

This guy has been at Greene since BEFORE he was hired.....and if he knows if you're black he will go at your neck saying you have undying support for him forever

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I could be wrong but where has it been said AD Green is not aware of this & at least supports it behind closed doors?  The only reason AD Green hasn't fired Gus yet is because Leath is not allowing it. As for the secret meetings type stuff that happens everywhere  in these type situations.

So Leath is the cog that is holding up the firing of Gus. Well as the president of the university he’s does have that right correct ? Or does the BOT?  Or people who cut checks? If that’s the case and Leath is in charge honor it and move on. I know that sucks like crazy and does not give some people what they want. But with all this stuff going on it just makes Auburn look like a poorly run organization with no clue who is in charge of anything. Is it AD? President? Donors? Who the hell is running point on anything? 

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

UW has the best medical hospital in the nation . Just my heaclthcare opinion of course. 

39 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not exactly a treasure trove of quality big name coaches available these days. All the teams grabbed them up while we've been screwing around for 5 years.

Poor comment. Big name coaches are available if you pay for them. That's really all it is these days in CFB. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Everyone expects OC, RB, OL.

Ok so if he's saying he's not going to do anything different on offense why is he even wanting to stay? If he's not even wanting to change anything why not just go somewhere where's the offense is wanted?

8 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

No.

But you're right about me not knowing much about Moon's history.  However, at the present, this story seems to me to be hack-inspired.

But the truth is this: I hope you're all right, and that this evening we'll see Allen Greene and Bob Stoops shaking hands and smiling behind a podium somewhere.

You have insiders here telling you that this thing has legs, along with really good reporters like Moon amd Tate (Tate broke the jet-gate story if you don't know).  It may not come to pass because things fall thru in business, but the smoke her looks very real.  To dismiss it as "hack-inspired" shows a serious lack of knowledge about those who are doing the reporting.  If this was Pete Thamel or someone like him with a track record of crappy reporting, I'd be with you.  But these guys have nothing, and I mean nothing, to gain from peddling info they believe to be false.

2 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

Dumb comment. Big name coaches are available if you pay for them. That's really all it is these days in CFB. 

Name me 7 coaches who are big name, and by big name and established, that we could afford to pull away from their current locations. 

12 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Chip is the hinge-pin. There's no way he works another year under Gus, period. Why hasn't he been let go yet? 1)moving on to another job without being fired 2)the head fish is moving on, so it doesn't matter anyway. 

There's probably more scenarios, but this story has legs. 

I'm calling my shot:

By end of week, Gus takes job at Texas Tech with negotiated $ with Auburn. He leaves all nice and warm, saying Auburn is Cray cray and he's excited for the opportunity.

Chip moves on to the OC position at TN.

Auburn goes full-court press on their replacement (whom they have already received commitment from) and saves face with a splash hire...enduring two days of a bad press news cycle before turning hope around before Christmas.

put it on the board. 

If I'm wrong, pretend I'm Finebaum.

Nice scenario.  Looks like everybody wins, though, and that never happens.  The splash hire for us must be Mike Stoops...

17 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Chip is the hinge-pin. There's no way he works another year under Gus, period. Why hasn't he been let go yet? 1)moving on to another job without being fired 2)the head fish is moving on, so it doesn't matter anyway. 

There's probably more scenarios, but this story has legs. 

I'm calling my shot:

By end of week, Gus takes job at Texas Tech with negotiated $ with Auburn. He leaves all nice and warm, saying Auburn is Cray cray and he's excited for the opportunity.

Chip moves on to the OC position at TN.

Auburn goes full-court press on their replacement (whom they have already received commitment from) and saves face with a splash hire...enduring two days of a bad press news cycle before turning hope around before Christmas.

put it on the board. 

If I'm wrong, pretend I'm Finebaum.

Ok, NOW I’m excited.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

You have insiders here telling you that this thing has legs, along with really good reporters like Moon amd Tate (Tate broke the jet-gate story if you don't know).  It may not come to pass because things fall thru in business, but the smoke her looks very real.  To dismiss it as "hack-inspired" shows a serious lack of knowledge about those who are doing the reporting.  If this was Pete Thamel or someone like him with a track record of crappy reporting, I'd be with you.  But these guys have nothing, and I mean nothing, to gain from peddling info they believe to be false.

I'm not saying you're wrong.  And in fact, I hope you're right.

Everybody occasionally encounters certain claims or stories that they just have to see for themselves in order to believe.  This story is one of those for me.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He is, or at least was.

Well that confuses me that he will be pulling strings with this stuff. Wow, this is a cluster

34 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Thank you for educating me on the fact that Greene had the power to override Leafe to not fire Pearl. LOL! But now he doesn’t have the power to override him and fire Gus. LOL!

100% agree with this all day long..

Archived