Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Have one within walking distance of my place, used to love it.  Unfortunately it went down hill quick.  Smells like ass when you walk in and nobodys ever there.  Had a bad experience last month and we won't be going back.  Sucks because it was one of the last places around here you could get a beer for less than $5.

Hmm which one? I'm right down from one on Rosswell Rd outside of Buckhead and was thinking about going to it this week.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for i wouldn't say i'm missing it bob gif

Big week last week. Kid #2 arrived last Wednesday. There was some other stuff, good and bad. All good now. Anyway, the IB was like 17th on my list of things to worry about but this latest sh** show is at least interesting. Might even top the end of last season as Most Auburn Thing Ever. 

Congrats on Lil Loof #2!!!

1 minute ago, Scottie said:

Hmm which one? I'm right down from one on Rosswell Rd outside of Buckhead and was thinking about going to it this week.

Northside drive.  Roswell road location was still good last time I went.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Big week last week. Kid #2 arrived last Wednesday. There was some other stuff, good and bad. All good now. Anyway, the IB was like 17th on my list of things to worry about but this latest sh** show is at least interesting. Might even top the end of last season as Most Auburn Thing Ever. 

Did you just creat another Auburn acronym? Like JABA? MATE?

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I just couldn’t help but post the following from Josh Moon a second time:

I wish I could adequately convey the confusion that is taking place at Auburn right now. Trustees don't know what's going on. Coaches don't know. The AD is MIA. No one trusts the prez. And even the people directly involved aren't sure what's next.

If you want this translated:  “trustee don’t know what’s going on” means Moon leaked important news and now the trustees don’t trust Moon and are not talking to him.  “Coaches don’t know”. The coaches are fighting for their careers at Auburn and aren’t about to talk to the media.  “AD is MIA” means Moon would love to know where he is and what he is doing and is asking for any leads. “No one trusts the prez” OK, true statement. “And even the people directly involved aren’t sure what’s next” means anybody else would loose their jobs talking to you even if they knew something. So basically, the media has been shut off.

Just now, atl-tiger said:

Have one within walking distance of my place, used to love it.  Unfortunately it went down hill quick.  Smells like ass when you walk in and nobodys ever there.  Had a bad experience last month and we won't be going back.  Sucks because it was one of the last places around here you could get a beer for less than $5.

Hate to hear that.  Was great when I lived there, but that was years ago.  

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

as much as i love auburn i would take a cut. but i also would move on if i was hurting auburn as well. but auburn will always be more than just a team or city to me. i doubt few people might understand this and as hallmark channel sounding as it is it is the truth.

50, I think you'd be smart enough to see that you were hurting Auburn when you consistently log 3-4 losses a year while you were pulling +$6mm/yr salary.  You'd know if the AU Administration and the fan base wanted you out and you'd GO.  A multi-millionaire just doesn't stay in a job where he's not wanted.

You'd also understand that this ridiculous back and forth with the PTB (Harbert & his crew/Leath & who knows who else) is doing nothing but harming the image of the school you love and hold dear to you.

Dragging this out is hurting Auburn and tarnishing any positive image it has.  The life blood of any sports program is recruiting talent, and all any rival coach has to do is point to the crap rumors/innuendo/reports that are all over the web.  Show them articles from Tate/Moon/Marcello/WBRC News for the past 3 days. 

No rival coaching staff has to utter one negative word about the Auburn football program, they don't even have to mention the constant instability of it's coaching staff.   The headlines speak for themselves, the radio talking heads right here in Montgomery & Auburn coverage area are chirping non-stop.  If I'm visiting a 4-5* player and I'm going head to head with the AU staff, then all I'd do is pull up a headline from any source and let momma take a quick look and tell her to decide for herself which staff she feels most comfortable will take care of her baby.

I'm long winded today (too much coffee on a cold day).....But I honestly think you'd Know When to Go!

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Congrats on Lil Loof #2!!!

Thanks man!! He's a cool lil dude.

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Did you just creat another Auburn acronym? Like JABA? MATE?

I was actually saying "Most Ever Auburn Thing" in my head to see if it would work because MEAT would be a fun way to deal with our crummy lot in life.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Congratulations my brother.  That is outstanding!!!  I'm glad all is well. 

You made my day!!!

15 minutes ago, ausburn said:

There is hope....

Replying to

"That night, above Auburn, the CatSignal went up into the sky. And in rural Macon County at Stately Dye Manor, the Hero Auburn Deserves saw it, downed a fifth of Wild Turkey 101, and told his hounds 'Boys, git me mah dry pants . . ."'

best post I've seen today 😂

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

was kid #2 a boy and if so did you name him after Gus?!   Congrats and glad all is well

27 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Yep.  And a fan favorite according to my personal research.

...and a Tech man, so GT is JGTBA...

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Congratulations my brother.  That is outstanding!!!  I'm glad all is well. 

You made my day!!!

Thank you so much, brother.

Hah. I love that I'm announcing this in a thread that is more or less about an ornery political journalist throwing football poop at an orange and blue fan. 2018, ladies and gentlemen!

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Congratulations bud. At least you got bliss to balance out the hell we are enduring.

18 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Don’t believe everything you read the people running the program aren’t going to tip their hand until it’s done. Why would you tell a reporter? Unless you’re using them to leak info. And if BIG IF Auburn hires Stoops the excitement generated would probably keep most commitments.

Stoops to AU is dead. The leak made sure that happened.

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

was kid #2 a boy and if so did you name him after Gus?!   Congrats and glad all is well

No, I did not name my son Sir Picks-a-Lot McDickTripper. Jeez.

:laugh:

Just now, ellitor said:

Sure looks that way.  Unless the people involved decided to go mute for a while.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Sure looks that way.  Unless the people involved decided to go mute for a while.

Only way it would be dead is if it weren’t happening in the first place. If Stoops wanted to get back to coaching and wanted to come to auburn a leaked report wouldn’t stop him. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It absolutely is. The mouthy leaker made sure of it. Maybe if we give it some time, 2019 is possible. But Stoops coming out vehemently like he did indicates he was not happy about being put out in the media. 

29 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I wonder why Charlie Strong was not successful at Texas.     I think digging into his work would be worthwhile.

Matt Campbell is a hot name, but what about an OC from the NFL?  I don't know anything about the NFL (and not much about college some would say).

Charlie Strong had to do large amounts of program/player cleaning on arrival. Remember he forced players to move back on campus.

Strong also didn't have support and was a let down from day one because Texas thought they had Saban wrapped up. Which is what will most likely happen to any person hired this year if Gus is fired due to them not being Stoops.

20 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Northside drive.  Roswell road location was still good last time I went.

North of the City in Sandy Springs should be OK.  

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Only way it would be dead is if it weren’t happening in the first place. If Stoops wanted to get back to coaching and wanted to come to auburn a leaked report wouldn’t stop him. 

Yeah, I agree.  That's why I left the possibility open that the folks trying to make that happen just decided to go radio silent for now while they try to make the deal happen.

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thank you so much, brother.

Hah. I love that I'm announcing this in a thread that is more or less about an ornery political journalist throwing football poop at an orange and blue fan. 2018, ladies and gentlemen!

I hear ya'.  But it's welcome news, just the same!  2018 has been a rough year for me, obviously, so I'll take all the fantastic news I can get!

Archived