Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

if anyone can read josh's tweets maybe they can post them? i believe he is on record saying the auburn folks handling all this mess never expected gus to agree to renegotiate his contract and it caught them off guard. it sounds like they were going to use the renegotiation to get rid of gus as an excuse to do so. when he agreed they were either stuck or looking into other avenues. does anyone see anything else in this? it sounds logical.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if anyone can read josh's tweets maybe they can post them? i believe he is on record saying the auburn folks handling all this mess never expected gus to agree to renegotiate his contract and it caught them off guard. it sounds like they were going to use the renegotiation to get rid of gus as an excuse to do so. when he agreed they were either stuck or looking into other avenues. does anyone see anything else in this? it sounds logical.

I posted his latest above. He basically said no one knows what’s going on to include coaches etc... He also said the school president and athletic director are MIA!

Page 81

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I don't buy for a second that the AU folks handling this didn't already realize Gus may take the renegotiated terms of his contract. Any Lawyer or admin knows there are more than one option and couldn't assume with confidence that Gus would nix the new deal and leave.

10 minutes ago, aubcali said:

It’s about to get crazy... 

ABOUT to? If the past few days are the new normal, the lifespan of AU fans took a 20% hit.

Auburn update: no one knows what's going on or what will come next. They also don't know what, if anything, was accomplished yesterday. Happy Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But if they are just complete bull**** floated out there by inside sources with an agenda, then it's fairly easy for the administration at Auburn to issue a simple press release declaring the rumors untrue and that Gus will be the coach next year.  Done.  You don't have to respond to everything but you can and should respond to some things.  

I agree,  but I guess my soapbox moment was saying with the spread of information and rumors being spread via so many mediums (twitter, message boards, facebook, text, etc.) the damage control teams can't ever let their guard anymore. In this case, and judging by all the chatter going on, I agree that they need to say something strong soon. There have been two major 'rumors' this week (Stoops and reduced buyout), which are program-impacting rumors, more so than a injury rumor, player suspension rumor, etc.

Just now, AU-24 said:

Auburn update: no one knows what's going on or what will come next. They also don't know what, if anything, was accomplished yesterday. Happy Wednesday.

This is just great for recruiting. 

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I don't buy for a second that the AU folks handling this didn't already realize Gus may take the renegotiated terms of his contract. Any Lawyer or admin knows there are more than one option and couldn't assume with confidence that Gus would nix the new deal and leave.

as much as i love auburn i would take a cut. but i also would move on if i was hurting auburn as well. but auburn will always be more than just a team or city to me. i doubt few people might understand this and as hallmark channel sounding as it is it is the truth.

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Exactly, and when Gus showed what he is willing to do, the Admin can make its next move.  We still have a few more days of this.

does anyone know how to tag ell to get his take on how this is effecting recruiting or not? i looked and did not see anything.

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don't buy for a second that the AU folks handling this didn't already realize Gus may take the renegotiated terms of his contract. Any Lawyer or admin knows there are more than one option and couldn't assume with confidence that Gus would nix the new deal and leave..

You have a vastly higher opinion of the PTB at Auburn than I do  An opinion that I will note has no basis in anything we know from Auburn's history of coaching searches and hires.

This is quintessential Auburn during coaching searches.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

does anyone know how to tag ell to get his take on how this is effecting recruiting or not? i looked and did not see anything.

To tag people insert "@" and then, without any space in between, start typing their username. It will point you in the right direction to tag whoever you're looking to tag

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Chicken_no_head.gif~c200

39 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Not sure if this is has been posted yet or not. If it has, forgive me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Josh_Moon/status/1067841960784871424?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I wish I could adequately convey the confusion that is taking place at Auburn right now. Trustees don't know what's going on. Coaches don't know. The AD is MIA. No one trusts the prez. And even the people directly involved aren't sure what's next.

And we all thought Tennessee was a disaster....

The “AD is MIA”

Just Marvelous.

I’ve been out of pocket for a couple of hours. What news have I missed? 

4 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

If Leath is off in D.C. instead of at AU making sure this doesn't turn into a catastrophe, it is just one more brick in the wall. He needs to be fired.

We have no idea why he is in D.C. do we?  He does have more responsibilities at Auburn besides football.  I'm no Leath fan, but this take is ridiculous.

Any truth about GT wanting Gus?  I am not a big fan of twitter in the you have to read between the lines far more than necessary to make any sense of this. I guess I am just too old school these days!

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You have a vastly higher opinion of the PTB at Auburn.  One that I will note has no basis in anything we know from Auburn's history of coaching searches and hires.

lol. No, I have been around the Auburn program since the 70's so I have seen and heard it all. It's now just so instantenous with social media and there are SO many so called reporters now that I expect confusion, and rumors and leaks. We are no different than the White House :). 

But I don't believe the PTB doing the renegotiated contract, assumed Gus would reject it and move on....

...Now I do believe that the PTB and any admin officials involved probably were going at it from all different angles and their concerns and ways they felt this whole Gus issue should be dealt with. I expected a lot of steam and frustrating comments were thrown around too...Too many Chief wannabes. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

We have no idea why he is in D.C. do we?  He does have more responsibilities at Auburn besides football.  I'm no Leath fan, but this take is ridiculous.

Yes he does he have better priorities than football, but if he is so tone deaf to not realize that Auburn fans want this spectacle gone, then his status quo of s*** president should remain.

Archived