New OC Hired Kenny Dillingham

auburnphan

Just now, AUTigerTime said:

What if our offense becomes a Top 3-5 in the SEC next season, and our defense craps the bed?

I don’t think it matters at this point. It’s a win loss scenario 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

So if we do the pick 3 plays and Gus chooses one and we only have 4 plays............................................lol

WR screen, Dive Play, Bomb and the sweep? Oh yeah, there's the two "wrinkles".

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

has anyone read anything on the new hires recruiting ability? we have three qb's and two of them are projects right? willis ony a one year qb in high school? and kinda the same way with gatewood as well since many claimed he would be a te. and we have cord whom is the old man of the bunch. and yes i know bo is coming but i would love for auburn to recruit a higher level og qb's and not so many projects.

I read that he was considered a lights out recruiter is how I think it was stated. Said he had that reputation at both Memphis and Arizona St.

i do find it odd the QB coach is not the passing game coordinator. Would have made more sense if he came in as OC/QB coach and passing game coordinator and then give kodi the running game coordinator title of whatever. I know its all just titles and this knew guy will instruct QBs in practice and Kodi will instruct WRs. But just found the dissecting of responsibilities odd

I have been off the Gus Bus for a while because of his stubbornness in not adjusting his O to his personnel. I think this has the potential to be a good hire. Also like Gus or don't like Gus whenever his back is against the wall he seems to pull the rabbit out of the hat. I think with the experience gained this year we will have a better O-Line. I think Nix will be an improvement over Stidham not because he is a better QB but because of the things he does better. Nix can hit his target when he is on the move Stidham had an issue with that. This class may bring in a couple of solid RB's to help and a couple of TE's.  We won't use the TE's as much as we should but I expect us to use more than past two years. I also think Nix will not be afraid to throw the 50/50 ball to Seth Williams and to Pickens if we keep Pickens. 

Gus just might pull off a really good season next year.  I want Gus gone but I always want Auburn to win so I am hoping he puts to gather the type team that will have us in contention at least until Amen corner and hopefully after Amen corner.

3 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

What if our offense becomes a Top 3-5 in the SEC next season, and our defense craps the bed?

JB Grimes is the Assistant Coach of the Year

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't blame Gus for taking back over the play calling duties. He probably realizes that this is his last chance to save his job. If I was in that situation, I'd want a little more control than being the CEO. Also, Gus has called some great offenses in his career. It's not like we have Chiz calling plays. Gus is more qualified to call plays in the SEC than anyone on his staff.

Pretty sure Gus never gave up the play-calling. I’m glad some feel

better but I’m pretty sure you won’t like the final result. Folks keep wanting Gus to go back to what he did earlier. He never quit doing it. Defenses just adapted to it. He used Rhett and Chip in place to make it seem like he was changing and he did use a little of their offense and for the most part their offense worked. Then Gus would go back to his .  The problem is you will see his old offense will Still

not work. He will never upgrade his offense.

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

i do find it odd the QB coach is not the passing game coordinator. Would have made more sense if he came in as OC/QB coach and passing game coordinator and then give kodi the running game coordinator title of whatever. I know its all just titles and this knew guy will instruct QBs in practice and Kodi will instruct WRs. But just found the dissecting of responsibilities odd

Had to give Kodi something remember he is the present co-OC now.

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

has anyone read anything on the new hires recruiting ability? we have three qb's and two of them are projects right? willis ony a one year qb in high school? and kinda the same way with gatewood as well since many claimed he would be a te. and we have cord whom is the old man of the bunch. and yes i know bo is coming but i would love for auburn to recruit a higher level og qb's and not so many projects.

After so many years of run, run, run. Good QBs just aren't going to want to come to AU. It worked for years with Gus, but QBs want to pass. People ON HERE claimed "why fix what's not broken?".

Well, running an offense that is so one dimensional leads to a future of "why can't we get any true QBs?". We should have been more 50/50 with run/pass 3-5 years ago, despite how successful we were under Nick Marshall. Especially later in games when we had already blown teams out of the water. Let Nick pad his stats or die trying. Instead we sit here with a cupboard of projects and wonder what happened.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Every beat writer said it was good to see Gus going back to "publicly" admitting to being the play caller.

Publicly is the keyword. That’s why I’m not impressed nor do I think it changes anything. Nothing more than putting lipstick on a pig. Still a pig

Heard he’s already out recruiting.  Based off how far he outkicked his coverage on the wifey I’m feeling pretty good about the end of recruiting this year.

10 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

Gus will be here another year, +$30million will be saved in buyout $$ and AU will have turnover on the defensive coaching staff.. :dunno:

Publicly or not, at least there is no confusion about it and success of offense will clearly rest with him.   I doubt this will stop the sniping at Gus but maybe, just maybe, some folks will give the new team a chance before pounding them too hard. Now we need a solid QB...

JMO but this is the direction I hoped we would go.....and glad it's been sorted out before signing day so everyone knows what to expect.  Gus is more respected outside of AU.....the prophet in his own country issue as the bible reminds us.....nice to see a fresh young mind on the offense.

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Every beat writer said it was good to see Gus going back to "publicly" admitting to being the play caller.

Lol. Well a handful of people think our beat writers are full of crap.

Just now, DAG said:

you can include me in that...haven't seen them do or say anything that was useful to AU in quite a while...

Just now, AU64 said:

you can include me in that...haven't seen them do or say anything that was useful to AU in quite a while...

Lol. I figured but at least now we have answers.

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The man has flip flopped more than any politician I've ever seen. 

Will be take a hands off approach - will get more involved - will be a CEO type HC - will get back to his roots and coach football - will retire the playbook - will call all the plays. flip - flop - flip - flop

I love Auburn University.  I love the Tiger athletic teams.  I will always support the Tigers.  But, I don't know what to say anymore.  Every week there is a questionable decision made either by the coach or the administration.  When was the last time a decision was made that everyone knew was a home run?  I'm just going to hope for the best. 

War Eagle!!!!

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's the fake news defense. Just pretend it's not true and blame the media for making it up. Scary once folks adopt that mindset. 

They're even blaming the media for Martin's mom saying that an Auburn staffer told her they were going to redshirt him after he'd already played in 5 games. Would love to know how that evil mastermind Marcello got her to make that story up. I mean, we all know that he sat around in his underground bunker devising elaborate schemes to take Auburn down. I guess he finally found our kryptonite: the old redshirt switcharoo. I'm tellin' all y'all, it's sabotage!

Just now, McLoofus said:

It's the fake news defense. Just pretend it's not true and blame the media for making it up. Scary once folks adopt that mindset. 

They're even blaming the media for Martin's mom saying that an Auburn staffer told her they were going to redshirt him after he'd already played in 5 games. Would love to know how that evil mastermind Marcello got her to make that story up. I mean, we all know that he sat around in his underground bunker devising elaborate schemes to take Auburn down. I guess he finally found our kryptonite: the old redshirt switcharoo. I'm tellin' all y'all, it's sabotage!

Yeah I won’t lie that Martin mom thing got me in my feelings forreal lol. Probably a little harsh on my rebuttals but I just couldn’t let it ride.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

that same handful also think Gus is the best college coach in history!!

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

”#ADAPT”!!!!!

What are the chances we make use of CKD's ability to adapt?

Archived