Kendall Simmons joining staff

GwillMac6

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

UGHHHHHHHHH What in tarnation is going on here?!??! I have never seen this version and side of you my guy!!!!!!!!!!! lol 

gfer.gif

Guess I tightened my tin-foil straps a little too much before my reply.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't think Saban is some god. And at the start of his reign, I'm sure he did cheat and bend the rules as much as he could, but he doesn't have to do that anymore. The results speak for itself. Any high school kid who plays football knows if they go to Bama and excel, they will play for championships and they will be drafted highly. I absolutely hate them, but facts are facts. 

I've said many times (mostly in the rivals area) that I don't buy bammer or sabans success as anything remotely close to legit. Everybody has some ups and downs during decade long spans.  I find it dubious, at best, that he has been just straight A's with no help.  

Like I said, Clemson I buy.  Urban (much as I dislike him and think he's a front-runner/quitter) I buy.  Even Pete Carroll didn't have the recruiting/championships/and games where his team had ZERO penalties that Saban has had (& the NCAA actually had the cajones to investigate him).  

Again, as far as football, I worry about Auburn and Auburn is who I care about.  In real life I worry about my family & my health & our future.  I don't give bammer much thought.  But when their dubious (in my eyes) success gets brought up on this board I also don't mind sharing my opinion that's it's as tarnished as 100 year old neglected silver.

And I also don't mind making a little fun at myself by wearing a tin-foil hat when I say it. For those who think it's legit and he's just that lucky/good and is a true football god, then that's fine.  I don't hold any ill will towards you.  I just don't step in line with you.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're right.

@AUsince72 ...it's deer antler spray not steroids.

This would be perfect for that. 

Screenshot_20190113-104949~2.png

Another either/or fallacy.

bama cheats and saban is a great coach.

Whoa. That was super easy to say. Highly recommend.

Welcome back and War Eagle, Kendall Simmons. This is the right way to bring family back into the fold. I hope it's a fruitful partnership for all involved.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

It’s true. This is me before deer antler:

9D7BBD26-9018-4E4A-B953-43755A5428C5.jpeg

And after:

EDA65CBC-E13B-4E0A-B2D0-B23C209D94E5.jpeg

I want what you're having.

😁

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Another either/or fallacy.

bama cheats and saban is a great coach.

Whoa. That was super easy to say. Highly recommend.

Welcome back and War Eagle, Kendall Simmons. This is the right way to bring family back into the fold. I hope it's a fruitful partnership for all involved.

I have no problem with this sentence.  Thanks Loof!

It makes sense that those two factors, together, equal the unprecedented (in 150 years) run of success the most unlovable program in sports history has had.

And yes, the prospect of Kendall Simmons possibly working towards shoring up the OL (recruiting too 😉) is fantastic!!!  War Eagle!!

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

What has Kendall been doing since he retired from pro ball in 2009?

Did find this interesting article that I didn't know about him.

https://theundefeated.com/features/from-super-bowl-champ-to-patient-ambassador-kendall-simmons-on-his-battle-with-diabetes/

Nice article.  Shows he dealt with adversity throughout most of his NFL career.  I think that makes him very relatable when dealing with recruits.  If and when he becomes an on the field coach, he can walk into a home wearing his Super Bowl ring and show a recruit he knows what it takes to reach the next level.  

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

THere's very little reason to ever assume the best when it comes to Auburn and coaches

I'd find another school to support then if I had such a low opinion of the school and coaching staff...

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'd find another school to support then if I had such a low opinion of the school and coaching staff...

Let's use a different example, let's say you have a son, about 22 years old, and you accept his reputation that he's a still-functioning delinquent. He just can't stay too far away from getting into trouble, it's in his genetics. He's not an awful human being or anything, he just likes conflict and inadvertently stays in his own way. You wouldn't find another kid to support just because this one DESERVINGLY earns such a low (almost factual) opinion on how he handles things from non-biased viewers right???

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Let's use a different example, let's say you have a son, about 22 years old, and you accept his reputation that he's a still-functioning delinquent. He just can't stay too far away from getting into trouble, it's in his genetics. He's not an awful human being or anything, he just likes conflict and inadvertently stays in his own way. You wouldn't find another kid to support just because this one DESERVINGLY earns such a low (almost factual) opinion on how he handles things from non-biased viewers right???

Every time you were told something bad about this kid you would automatically think it was true and never wait to have facts before busting his chops  :dunno:

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Sounds like 64 spared tbe rod. 

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

damn ugly assume you got sand kicked in your face in earlier years

Those were tough times. Thank goodness Charles Atlas sold deer antler spray....

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

damn ugly assume you got sand kicked in your face in earlier years

Man, how old is that reference?  Unfortunately, I remember it when it was first used.

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Man, how old is that reference?  Unfortunately, I remember it when it was first used.

Remember when this ad that was in older comic books?

Screenshot_20190114-153340~2.png

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

On yourself???

I was referencing that I remember the ad when it first came out. However, I was on the skinny side in HS.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Remember when this ad that was in older comic books?

Screenshot_20190114-153340~2.png

That’s the one. Now I feel really old. Thanks 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I'm right there with you. Experience does have it's advantages. ;)

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Don’t forget to take your blood thinner medicine old man. 

On 1/14/2019 at 9:56 AM, RunInRed said:

Brings back memories ...

49900273_2440715815958435_4212097461096808448_o.jpg

That was one heck of a good OL!

Archived