Softball vs South Carolina Game 1

Just picked up on the game and see that AU is leading 3-0 over the gamehens…….would be nice to sweep this group.

I guess it might be streaming somewhere but can't find it.....will keep looking....and listen the audio in the meantime..

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just picked up on the game and see that AU is leading 3-0 over the gamehens…….would be nice to sweep this group.

I guess it might be streaming somewhere but can't find it.....will keep looking....and listen the audio in the meantime..

It's on watch espn / sec+. 

11 minutes ago, around4ever said:

It's on watch espn / sec+. 

thanks ..found it ...was not linked to the AU game site for some reason....so have both games running....wish I had PIP .

Top of 7th  4-2 and USCe with 2 runners on.....getting to be a problem for Swindle....and Dean leaves her there to solve her problems.

now the problems are really big...bases loaded and no outs.....so Swindle is done for the night....did well for five innings but eventually gave up 10 hits and Harris is in to see if she can close this one out.'

USC batter flares a little it over second to score to runs and tie the game at 4...runner from first thrown out at 3rd to end the inning.

AU with a chance to walk the win....

Podany with a single to drive in the winning run and AU wins game 1 by 5-4...Harris the winner. 

Harris was fantastic. Did give up the tying hit but 2 big strikeouts before that limited the damage. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Softball vs South Carolina Game 1

WALK OFF BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE LADIES!!!!!!!! Lets go get the series victory tomorrow. 

Some clutch work there by Harris.  Hitched up her big girl panties there, yes ma'am.  And don't forget, Dean calls the pitches, so he deserves a kudo or two also.  I just got back from Nashville in time to see the pitcher change in the 7th.  Podany the other player of the inning - throws out the runner at 3d, then delivers the GWRBI.  Thank you, SC right fielder, for putting Fornis on third.  I didn't see the first six - maybe later.

Have to say I didn't much like the bunt call for Podany.  Not sure what happened on the first pitch, a miscommunication perhaps.  Podany is not a great hitter, but has come through with several clutch hits recently.  SC's infield was drawn in for the bunt, and it seems too easy to get that gift runner at third thrown out at home if you aren't very careful.  I like letting Podany hit with Taylon and Crack coming up behind her.

Good news:  LSU lost to Kentucky tonight, so we are one game ahead of them in the loss column.  They've played one more series than we have.

Really liked how Bree did not slow down going to first on what appeared to be a routine catch on her fly ball to right field which enabled her to motor around to 3rd...…..big play.  Also she had a good stroke on a ball caught at the wall on nice play by SC out fielder.  I don't believe our pitchers gave up any walks and SC only gave up one.  Taylon continues to be effective at the plate going 2 for 3.

Archived