Softball at kentucky Game 2

LETS GO!!! WAR EAGLE LADIES!!!!

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Why?

Agree...this is a ranked team but today they are just sleepwalking out there....especially on defense. 

If we have a team leader, they need to sharpen their spikes and make the rest of the team bend over and grab their ankles and start kicking their butts hard enough to leave 6 spike marks in each cheek. Wake up girls, this is not a preseason exhibition game!!!!

well....bad day in Lexington for the ladies......need a good night's sleep and better attitude tomorrow.

5 hits in 2 games is not going to win you any games. We’re KY pitchers that dominant?

and we Miss Makayla tremendously. It’s cost us 3-4 games so far. 

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

5 hits in 2 games is not going to win you any games. We’re KY pitchers that dominant?

and we Miss Makayla tremendously. It’s cost us 3-4 games so far. 

Missing her def cost us the georgia and South Carolina series so far. SMH.

This team is in a bad funk right now. It will be difficult to rebound for Monday´s game. With the way we are playing, I don´t even like our chances against a struggling Florida offense and worn out Kelly Barnhill next weekend. 

Our pitching has a hit a wall without Makayla. We held our own against Miss St and Tennessee, but a large part of that was due to the offense helping our pitchers out. The UGA, South Carolina, and UK series have been rough for our pitching and offense. And the last two weeks, our defense has looked like a bad travel ball team´s. We are better than what we are showing, and I hope Mickey and the rest of the coaches can help our girls navigate their way out of this slump. 

after reading the comments, I think I will decline the opportunity to watch the games on replay.  I'll check who pitched the first game for UK, but they don't have anyone who should hold this team to one hit.  Humes gave us trouble last year in that game finally decided by a walkoff solo homer by Tannon in the 12th, but this team has been hitting much better than that.  Afraid our hopes of hosting a regional are spiralling down the drain, as our RPI will be down around 20 after this.

We don't look like a contender, we look like a team struggling to get out of the cellar. There are some veteran players out there that need to demonstrate leadership and turn this thing around. Time is getting short.

2 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

after reading the comments, I think I will decline the opportunity to watch the games on replay.  I'll check who pitched the first game for UK, but they don't have anyone who should hold this team to one hit.  Humes gave us trouble last year in that game finally decided by a walkoff solo homer by Tannon in the 12th, but this team has been hitting much better than that.  Afraid our hopes of hosting a regional are spiralling down the drain, as our RPI will be down around 20 after this.

Agreed... it would probably take 5 or maybe even more wins to put us back on the host line (we have 7 regular season games plus the SEC tournament left). Baalman pitched game 1. She entered with a 4.05 ERA, and we made her look like Monica Abbott. Baalman and Humes had both been struggling as of late, and we made them both look like Abbott and Osterman tonight. Louisville lit both up on Wednesday. A few weeks ago, Mizzou swept Kentucky in Lexington. I know we are better than what we’ve shown against USC and UK.

Kentucky, I thought, did a good job with the "small ball" aspect of the game. The home runs were served up basically waist high middle of the plate. Their SS was great as advertised. At times we seemed to make routine plays look difficult. I felt Veach was giving good effort the entire game but not sure if some of the other players were "locked in". We may have some pitching deficiencies but we need to over come that by upping our efforts on defense and at the plate. If we don't do something to change to momentum we will get run out of town tonight. Hope Harris can have a decent night in the circle and the team can shake off these first two games.

13 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Kentucky, I thought, did a good job with the "small ball" aspect of the game. The home runs were served up basically waist high middle of the plate. Their SS was great as advertised. At times we seemed to make routine plays look difficult. I felt Veach was giving good effort the entire game but not sure if some of the other players were "locked in". We may have some pitching deficiencies but we need to over come that by upping our efforts on defense and at the plate. If we don't do something to change to momentum we will get run out of town tonight. Hope Harris can have a decent night in the circle and the team can shake off these first two games.

Gotta see some hitting today....we got one hit in game one and the game was over when that finally occurred...hitless for 6 innings I think it was.  A little spark in game 2 but shoddy defense again. 

Hoping the girls got a good night's sleep and are ready to play today. 

Team is starting to resemble the team that finished last season on a down note.  Hope that's not the case.    If  this trend continues, regionals won't last long.

Does anyone know if the number of post season games we play will effect the ability of Martin to redshirt, or is she done after this year ?

3 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

Does anyone know if the number of post season games we play will effect the ability of Martin to redshirt, or is she done after this year ?

Post season games do count.  Unfortunately, I don't see her returning either way. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Softball at kentucky Game 2

Archived