NCAA Regional - Game 1 vs Coastal Carolina

This one's for Rod.

Jack Owen on the hill for the Tigers today. Time for these Tigers to play like we know they can. Let's dub it up!

War Eagle

Ward

Bliss

Davis

Holland

Scheff

Julien

Woley

Williams

Howell

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw I’ve seen more than one sports article calling coastal Carolina the big sleeper in this tournament. Hope to prove them wrong.

I still don't understand what a balk is or is not but I'll take it!

Interesting first inning.  Ward, bliss, Scheffler with singles.  Ward scores on balk.  Good base running puts bliss on third and score on Scheffler hit.  Davis and julien strike out ... again

pitcher throws nearly 20

Listening to the radio broadcast in addition to watching. Props to Britt and Paul for a monumental task today in the midst of still grieving their friend. 

I’ve always thought Paul sounds similar to Rod so listening to the broadcast is a bit cathartic to me. 

Gamewise, good start. Little inefficient pitch count wise with Jack but let’s keep the pedal down

The umpire has been inconsistent with his strike zone which is helping the offenses and driving up the pitch counts of the pitchers. We have our hands full with this team. 

1 minute ago, tigers23 said:

Score?

2-0 good guys, we're coming in to bat in the bottom of the second. 

Owens is doing a fine job pitching but this team can hit and are fouling a ton of pitches.  They aren’t watching too many strikes.

nice solid defense by auburn.  CC is gonna score some runs.  We’ll need to keep the pressure on.

Julien and Williams still struggling....and maybe I should add Davis to that list also......dang...….really need some contributions from the power guys

Woley and Williams strike out.  Williams plastered one foul over the right field fence ... then promptly strikes out.

howell ground out.

easy inning for their pitcher.

we gotta value every at bat.

2-0 after 2

Owen gets out of it, but not before a wild pitch gifts Coastal a run. 

2-1 Auburn B3

Really want to see our big guns focus and put the bat on the ball today. 

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wild pitch. Sh*t. 

We do that so often. Do the hard part of getting to two outs and then gift the other team a run. 

Wild pitches or passed balls, I've been disappointed by the defense at the catcher's position this year. The offensive output has been an upside surprise, but dang if the defense hasn't been frustrating at that position

Coastal pitcher with half as many pitches as JO......they know how to work a pitcher....our guys swing at the first thing that looks decent...

And Davis down on strikes again.....😕

What are the dims for this park? Didn't seem like that ball was particularly hard hit. 

Archived