Baseball vs. North Carolina game 3

I was at work for the game, but caught the ESPN3 re-broadcast when I got home.  WOW.   The greatest inning I've ever seen.

WDE!

I wish I could go to OmahAU.  But TV will have to do :)

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard Butch Thompson say something in his remarks about hoping he sees a lot of Auburn Fans in Omaha. Wonder how well we will be represented?

9 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not many teams win a natty in College Baseball....

Mississippi State has the number "10" next to CWS on their wall....

17213761_GUGLXGf942_wPRCCj-rb-xzddnAxR6Z

Florida State has 22 years posted on their (hideous) sign....

Image result for florida state world series appearances dick howser stadium wall

Guess how many national championships between the two?

16 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Mississippi State has the number "10" next to CWS on their wall....

17213761_GUGLXGf942_wPRCCj-rb-xzddnAxR6Z

Florida State has 22 years posted on their (hideous) sign....

Image result for florida state world series appearances dick howser stadium wall

Guess how many national championships between the two?

Yep, it's all about CWS appearances. Much like the final four in basketball- you get there, and it's all a crap shoot as to who wins it. All those teams are so good that they could all win it. 

The team with hot bats, some timely critical plays or a deep and sturdy bullpen ... I’d assume any of those formulas can win it all.

one thing for sure ... the way college baseball is done ... you don’t get to Omaha by accident.

Re the UNC series....my son and son in law are UNC grads.....after our loss on Sunday I got notes of condolences..."good game...tough to lose" , etc...and now,   here it is Wednesday and both of them must be out of the country 'cause I've not heard from either one of them yet...:)

20 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Use to live in Bellevue in the mid 80's went to a few games myself

I lived in Papillion for a few years as a kid. Old man was stationed at Offut. Fun place for a little kid to grow up. Not sure I would have liked it as a teen or beyond, though. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I lived in Papillion for a few years as a kid. Old man was stationed at Offut. Fun place for a little kid to grow up. Not sure I would have liked it as a teen or beyond, though. 

Doubt it I hated it..........mostly because of the weather

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Doubt it I hated it..........mostly because of the weather

What's wrong with hot and humid in the summer and sub-zero temps and arctic winds in the winter??

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What's wrong with hot and humid in the summer and sub-zero temps and arctic winds in the winter??

HA!!!! Don't even get me started.  I'm a southern boy, grew up in Texas and Alabama, but ended up retiring from the Army here in Omaha (ex-wife).  EVERY FREAKING WINTER I ask myself why I'm still up here.

1 minute ago, chuck_finley said:

HA!!!! Don't even get me started.  I'm a southern boy, grew up in Texas and Alabama, but ended up retiring from the Army here in Omaha (ex-wife).  EVERY FREAKING WINTER I ask myself why I'm still up here.

My heart goes out to you! Nicest people in the world, though. 

On 6/11/2019 at 9:25 PM, around4ever said:

Has anybody heard how Tanner's shoulder held up after his short outing on Monday?  

I’ve heard he’s doing fine. However, I’d be very surprised if he does anything differently than what he did against UNC in game three. He’s probably going to be an opener for us, but I wouldn’t expect to see more than 2-3 innings from him in any appearance the rest of the year. 

Archived