Baseball vs. North Carolina game 3

41 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not the ideal draw but we've played some of the teams at the CWS so getting one that is known might be OK... All of them are gonna be tough......though maybe Michigan would have been a better place to start... . 

Exactly, including Auburn. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WDEKC said:

So do we know when we play in Omaha yet?

6:30 PM CT on Sunday. Win or lose, we play Tuesday. Win and we play at 6:30, lose and we play at 1:00. 

7 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Too bad Auburn doesn't play NC in football or we would kick their a$$ again.

Bowl game, probably.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

why is the center of this graphic a bowl victory against purdue 

football is dragging us down

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

football is dragging us down

Football is paying for most of our athletic programs...

Too bad folks can't just celebrate successes and not take cheap shots at the football team...

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

!!!!!!!!!!! #WDE 

Athletic Director Allen Greene brought the MOJO with him!

Yes, a lot of the pieces were already in place but he's steadied the ship and put it on a course where success is possible.

10 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Too bad Auburn doesn't play NC in football or we would kick their a$$ again.

Peter Burns just said on SEC network that Auburn will have to include North Carolina on their taxes this year.😂

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Not the ideal draw but we've played some of the teams at the CWS so getting one that is known might be OK... All of them are gonna be tough......though maybe Michigan would have been a better place to start... . 

MSU was such a tough series for us. They are relentless at the plate. Hopefully this time around our pitchers are stabilized enough to be able to handle the MSU batters and Jake Mangum won't eat us alive.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Athletic Director Allen Greene brought the MOJO with him!

Yes, a lot of the pieces were already in place but he's steadied the ship and put it on a course where success is possible.

Yep..>AG inherited a good athletic staff....and I'm still wondering who his first new hire(s) will be.   He's giving several coaches a lot of space thus far...though there might be some conversations behind the scenes about time to excel....or we will be "going in another direction".    

To be honest I did not see this team making it to Omaha. Inconsistent hitting during most of the SEC season and key pitching injuries I was just happy to see us make NCAA tournament. Then this team surprised me and took us on a trip to Omaha. They are the epitome of Auburn no quitting and no excuses. Every game they play now is  a bonus and every win is gravy. At this point I don't put anything past this group finding a way to win.

Whatever happens from here on out I am proud of them.

War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

To be honest I did not see this team making it to Omaha. Inconsistent hitting during most of the SEC season and key pitching injuries I was just happy to see us make NCAA tournament. Then this team surprised me and took us on a trip to Omaha. They are the epitome of Auburn no quitting and no excuses. Every game they play now is  a bonus and every win is gravy. At this point I don't put anything past this group finding a way to win.

War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!

I thought things would improve once the inexperienced pitchers had a chance to figure things out. Richard Fitts has been especially valuable now that he's gotten used to a bigger stage. But going all the way to Omaha? That seemed out of reach since Auburn didn't have all 3 starting pitchers available. I am amazed at what this gritty team has accomplished given the difficult circumstances they faced.

They are true winners in every sense of the word!  I'm so happy for them!

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!

Baseball is an interesting game....played in sets and sometimes a team or a couple players get hot and that's what it takes....and the opportunity to lose a game and not be eliminated helps too.  

15 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

That worries me.....

No one in front of us shouldn’t worry us. But we’ve overcome a lot to get here so why not us???? 😁

Hey, we're in Omaha. When you see a college baseball team's wall of success in their outfield, it tells you how many college world series they've been to! Not many teams win a natty in College Baseball, we are in the College Baseball Mecca as it is!!! We'll get to put a few different things up on the wall in the outfield, so let's celebrate that! Personally, I'd love to see us perform well in Omaha, but the fact that we made it is good enough for me!!! This is all icing from here on out. 

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We also set some records in the bowl game and beat several blue bloods in the b-ball tournament. We’re not just winning, but winning big.

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hey, we're in Omaha. When you see a college baseball team's wall of success in their outfield, it tells you how many college world series they've been to! Not many teams win a natty in College Baseball, we are in the College Baseball Mecca as it is!!! We'll get to put a few different things up on the wall in the outfield, so let's celebrate that! Personally, I'd love to see us perform well in Omaha, but the fact that we made it is good enough for me!!! This is all icing from here on out. 

Looking forward to seeing them play Mississippi State on Sunday here in Omaha!! :)  Been to TD Ameritrade Park a few times for the CWS.  Ecstatic to finally able to see Auburn play there!!

1 hour ago, chuck_finley said:

Looking forward to seeing them play Mississippi State on Sunday here in Omaha!! :)  Been to TD Ameritrade Park a few times for the CWS.  Ecstatic to finally able to see Auburn play there!!

War Eagle!!!  

The CWS in Omaha is on my bucket list....

2 hours ago, chuck_finley said:

Use to live in Bellevue in the mid 80's went to a few games myself

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

War Eagle!!!  

The CWS in Omaha is on my bucket list....

So you going? 😁

16 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

So you going? 😁

:tease:

Eventually.......if my last 2 kids ever finish school...I will make it to Omaha. By the time they graduate with about 10 degrees each I may be old enough to start on that list....lol.

Archived