Baseball vs. North Carolina game 3

Looking at my wunderground hourly report for Chapel Hill, it looks likely that conditions will be favorable for play until around 4:00 PM, when it gets iffy. Any chance they'll move the start up? Thoughts?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Looking at my wunderground hourly report for Chapel Hill, it looks likely that conditions will be favorable for play until around 4:00 PM, when it gets iffy. Any chance they'll move the start up? Thoughts?

Probably won't move it up. They still have Tuesday if by some chance they don't get it in before 4pm. 

Wish they would move it up as I am nervous as a cat waiting on the game at work right now... so excited to watch this team play, and want a win so bad for them.

Now, I don't get on the 'puter during Auburn games so if someone wants to do a play by play, either feel free to continue this thread or start a new one. War Eagle!

I hate we plundered a great opportunity yesterday given we were the home team and held them to 2 runs. Let's go get this dang thing and go to Omaha! WDE! 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Any chance they'll move the start up?

No. When games are scheduled to be on TV they rarely get moved up.

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Thought he was hurt?

Precautionary. He is pitching 1 to 2 innings today per the tweets. It allows Fitts to come in around the 3rd inning since he has been great as a reliever but poor as a starter.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

No. When games are scheduled to be on TV they rarely get moved up.

Except they moved our first game up because of the likelihood of rain later in the day. I guess Saturday was "rarely". Today might have been the same, that's why i asked.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Except they moved our first game up because of the likelihood of rain later in the day. I guess Saturday was "rarely". Today might have been the same, that's why i asked.

With due respect no they didn't. Saturday was always set for an 11 AM CT start right out of the gates. It was never moved as far as what I saw from initial start times for the series.

1st report of game times...

CHAPEL HILL --- North Carolina will will host Auburn in the Chapel Hill Super Regionals starting on Saturday, June 8 at noon (ET)

That's 11 CT which is when the game started.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With due respect no they didn't. Saturday was always set for an 11 AM CT start right out of the gates. It was never moved as far as what I saw from initial start times for the series.

We didn't start the game I'm talking about at 11:00. I guess the commentators were crazy when they said both coaches agreed to start early because of weather? We started one game at 10:30 CST, because of weather.  Maybe yesterday's or maybe Saturday's. One of the two games certainly fell into your category of "rarely".

Edit: Sunday's game started at 10:30 CST because of expected weather later in the day. You can find details at auburntigers.com. Watch the entire replay and you'll hear the TV guys discuss the start time being moved up because of weather, and that both coaches had to agree to the change.

Plus the MSU / Stanford game was moved from early afternoon to 9pm EST.  Weather dictated TV yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We didn't start the game I'm talking about at 11:00. I guess the commentators were crazy when they said both coaches agreed to start early because of weather? We started one game at 10:30 CST, because of weather.  Maybe yesterday's or maybe Saturday's. One of the two games certainly fell into your category of "rarely".

Edit: Sunday's game started at 10:30 CST because of expected weather later in the day. You can find details at auburntigers.com. Watch the entire replay and you'll hear the TV guys discuss the start time being moved up because of weather, and that both coaches had to agree to the change.

Sunday game started at 11:30 eastern time to beat the weather  I read....and day remained clear despite about 90% rain forecast. rained all afternoon over where I live...almost 7 inches since Friday afternoon. 

Looks like first pitch in about 30 minutes.

And.….I'm don't like starting TB...but if that is the plan, the rumors of his "injury" must be overblown.....sure would rather have him finish the game than be out after 3....and then be on the bench when all of a sudden nobody can throw strikes....:dunno:

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Games of late, our early innings have been our downfall on the mound.

Sort of I guess....when we were down 2-0 yesterday I confidently said that two runs would not be enough for UNC....little did I know.....and AU looked like the team that played the stretch leading up to the SEC tournament with few hits and fewer runs.

Hoping today our batters are going for base hits......and not just home runs.    

OK ..blue skies in chapel hill.....could use some of that sunshine here.....

38 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Plus the MSU / Stanford game was moved from early afternoon to 9pm EST.  Weather dictated TV yesterday.

Games on TV can be moved back like that but they are rarely moved up as Mikey thought & asked.

I dont think my heart can take anther one ... how bout upper teens in hits and a double digit scoring margin win today.  Lets score crooked number runs in every inning.  Is that too much to ask?????????

Archived