119th US Open golf

augolf1716

Figured I would go ahead and start a thread. Look who's in the same threesome on Thurs and Fri. Teeing off Thursday at 10:29 am Patton Kizzire, Jovan Rebula and Jason Dufner. All Auburn baby that's never happen before in a major

I cannot wait for this tomorrow. This or Augusta is the most breath taking and beautiful course in the world.

55455.jpg

pbb.jpg

peb.jpg

pebb f.jpg

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I cannot wait for this tomorrow. This or Augusta is the most breath taking and beautiful course in the world.

55455.jpg

pbb.jpg

peb.jpg

pebb f.jpg

Absolutely....................pictures do not do it justice. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my lifetime

Yes I’m looking forward to seeing this. I might actually play Saturday or Sunday. Played about two weeks ago and hit it pretty well. 

Just a quick observation but looks like USGA resisted the urge to screw up this beautiful golf course in order to prove......something?     I see that small children could get lost in the rough......but at least they did not import some boulders to line the fairways.....or construct some tank traps in the fairways. 

Cool day on the California coast. 

Gary Woodland shoots a 65 today, minus 9 through two rounds. Great birdie on hole 9 to end his round. Approach shot of 217 yds, out of a divot, 50 feet right of the hole. Drained the birdie putt.

Has a two stroke lead over Justin Rose.

GOT DANG BRO!!!!! Gary Woodland is making some absolute MIRACLE putts right now. MERCY.

Koepka putting the pressure on Woodland, but Woodland is answering the challenge, thus far.

Rose and Oosthuizen right there also.

What a finish it is going to be. 

43 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Koepka putting the pressure on Woodland, but Woodland is answering the challenge, thus far.

Rose and Oosthuizen right there also.

What a finish it is going to be. 

I think it ends like last years PGA where the superstar (Tiger Woods) was breathing down the young up and comer neck in Kopeka on the back 9 and the crowd was going crazy losing its mind. But Brooks got some seperation and put enough distance between him and Tiger to win.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it ends like last years PGA where the superstar (Tiger Woods) was breathing down the young up and comer in Kopeka on the back 9 and the crowd was going crazy losing his mind. But Brooks got some seperation and put enough distance between him and Tiger to win.

Tiger with a great finish to make his fans happy but started much to far back to be a challenge.  Some great play all weekend...lost track of the number of chip in birdies and pars from that thick grass on the fringes. plus some hole-outs from traps......those guys are just outstanding at recovery golf.   Will be interesting to see how they deal with the pressure as they get onto the back nine.  Rose just hanging in playing steady golf.

Woodland playing great and Koepka having a few problems at the moment. and Adam Scott challenging the course record......gotta figure out how to watch the golf and CWS as the same time....

Just now, Auburn Kev said:

Scott just took himself out with OB on 13

hit that shot just as I made my comments......looks like the first victim of the pressure... 

Just now, alexava said:

I’m still picking Brooks. I won’t pull for Woodland until he bends that bill.

Brooks is def who I am hoping wins! He is my favorite golfer but got dang man!!! Woodland so far is unflappable! I really hope that changes. 

I really didn’t know anything about him till now. He was a scholarship basketball player. Didn’t really focus on golf till second year of college. 

Archived