2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Can coaching make up for a subpar ranking class?...I hope so

I can some. Coaching can't.make up for multiple subpar classes in a row. 

We'll be 10ish next year then need to consistently be inside the top 10 and with at least one true 5* type difference maker 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

War Eagle and Welcome to Auburn.

Great pickup we already had a really good D-Line class this moves us into a great D-Line Class (3 DT and 3 DE). If we get the transfer Dreshun Miller same thing a really good DB Class to close to a great DB class  (3 CB and 3 S). We have 1 LB so far in this class so we are looking really good on the D side of the ball with this class. If we want and are able to get the right LB in the transfer Portal it will be a great D Class.

Since we lost Britt early in the year which impacted the D. I believe Auburn's D has a chance to be much better than last years D. 

Our Class ranking is a 20 but we don't count Leota and if we get Miller because he is a transfer we don't count him either. Any other transfers we get won't change class ranking but will improve the class. Our Per Player ranking 88.38 puts us ahead of Maryland 87.37 and Ole Miss 87.97 and just behind Tenn (behind Maryland, Ole Miss and Tenn in total points). 88.67.  We are way behind bama 95, LSU 92.76, Ga. 93.5, A&M 91.98, and Fla. 90.38

56 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We are way behind bama 95, LSU 92.76, Ga. 93.5, A&M 91.98, and Fla. 90.38

Normally, this would be bad.  If it continues, it will be bad.   But with all our circumstances this year, that’s much better than anyone should’ve expected.   

3 hours ago, toddc said:

I was trying to be lazy e. It’s Saturday 

& I was working baseball so I didn't have time to look it up & come back & tell you. lol

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

& I was working baseball so I didn't have time to look it up & come back & tell you. lol

And I thought we were friends! 
Two baseball games were awesome. It looked awfully chili Friday 

Edited by toddc

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

we already had a really good D-Line class this moves us into a great D-Line Class (3 DT and 3 DE)

@AuburnNTexasI wouldn't say great. I would say really good. I would give it a B+.

If we get the transfer Dreshun Miller same thing a really good DB Class to close to a great DB class  (3 CB and 3 S).

Nope. Numbers at a position alone does not & can not define a positional class. Quality has to be there too. Only 1 of our signees is a 4*. Obviously Miller would be like adding a 4* if we land him but adding him doesn't make the class great. The class would be good all things considered, a B.

If we want and are able to get the right LB in the transfer Portal it will be a great D Class.

Nope. All things considered it would be good & adding a LB doesn't move the grade needle much unless it's a proven Henry T type.

ur Per Player ranking 88.38 puts us ahead of Maryland 87.37 and Ole Miss 87.97 and just behind Tenn (behind Maryland, Ole Miss and Tenn in total points). 88.67. 

Not something to brag or write home about.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

But with all our circumstances this year, that’s much better than anyone should’ve expected.

I said all along I expected it to end up around 20th even though Keywest told me many times it would not finish in the top 30.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

And I thought we were friends! 

We are.

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

It looked awfully chili Saturday 

Not really. Wore 2 layers today. Friday was chili. Wore 4 layers.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

We are.

Not really. Wore 2 layers today. Friday was chili. Wore 4 layers.

I changed it to Friday(which I meant) just before you replied. We’ve got some work to do but I really like our pitching staff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

War Eagle and Welcome to Auburn.

Great pickup we already had a really good D-Line class this moves us into a great D-Line Class (3 DT and 3 DE). If we get the transfer Dreshun Miller same thing a really good DB Class to close to a great DB class  (3 CB and 3 S). We have 1 LB so far in this class so we are looking really good on the D side of the ball with this class. If we want and are able to get the right LB in the transfer Portal it will be a great D Class.

Since we lost Britt early in the year which impacted the D. I believe Auburn's D has a chance to be much better than last years D. 

Our Class ranking is a 20 but we don't count Leota and if we get Miller because he is a transfer we don't count him either. Any other transfers we get won't change class ranking but will improve the class. Our Per Player ranking 88.38 puts us ahead of Maryland 87.37 and Ole Miss 87.97 and just behind Tenn (behind Maryland, Ole Miss and Tenn in total points). 88.67.  We are way behind bama 95, LSU 92.76, Ga. 93.5, A&M 91.98, and Fla. 90.38

I bet the OT/DL from Columbus, gets moved to OT full time.

8 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I bet the OT/DL from Columbus, gets moved to OT full time.

@PUB78 Are you talking about Elijah Pritchett from the 2022 class? He's an OT all the way.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@PUB78 Are you talking about Elijah Pritchett from the 2022 class? He's an OT all the way.

No. Ian Matthews in the 2021 class. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnNTexasI wouldn't say great. I would say really good. I would give it a B+.

Nope. Numbers at a position alone does not & can not define a positional class. Quality has to be there too. Only 1 of our signees is a 4*. Obviously Miller would be like adding a 4* if we land him but adding him doesn't make the class great. The class would be good all things considered, a B.

Nope. All things considered it would be good & adding a LB doesn't move the grade needle much unless it's a proven Henry T type.

I disagree with you on the D-Line not because the ratings on the players are wrong as I think Okoli and Mathews are 3* now but will end up being much better than their ratings. Okoli is 6'5" 250 pounds and very athletic but new to football it will take him 2 years but he will be really good, Mathews is 6'5' and 290 pounds and watching his basketball highlight moves really well for his size I also think he will develop into real talent. You already mentioned Leota should be a 4*.

After thinking about It I agree with your DB rating good numbers 1 - 4* but with a couple who may be better than 4* in future still just a good class.

When I was showing Auburn's numbers vs other teams above us I wasn't bragging I was just being informative. I think with the transfers who won't count to class rankings we will actually have a little better class than a few ahead of us but there were a bunch especially teams we play against bama, LSU, Ga, A&M that this class will put us a little further behind on pure talent meaning staff will really have to develop the talent.

40 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

No. Ian Matthews in the 2021 class. 

DT all the way with the old staff. Not sure with the new staff.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Look at you being all negative 🤗

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Gooch coming with him?

Gooch should have stayed with us when he had the chance. At this time our need is for an immediate Impact player at OT a freshman does not meet that need. I would have liked him but I think that boat has sailed away.

• Like 2

collegeandmagnolia.com

4-star Outside Linebacker Dylan Brooks is Headed to Auburn

AUNerd
4-5 minutes

Better late than never right?

Yesterday, Tennessee finally caved and gave 4-star OLB Dylan Brooks his release from his signed National Letter of Intent with no restrictions. Earlier today he made official what most suspected. Dylan Brooks will be an Auburn Tiger.

It’s been a long road to this point. Auburn lost Brooks to Tennessee early in the 2021 cycle thanks in large part to his close relationship with former Vols head football coach Jeremy Pruitt. Following Pruitt’s firing, coming after former UT AD Phillip Fulmer had assured Brooks that Pruitt was not going anywhere, Brooks formally request a release from his NLI. The Vols drug their feet for as long as they could but yesterday finally freed him.

Now Bryan Harsin has his first blue chip recruit as Auburn’s head football coach.

Highlights

Scouting Report

Brooks is a versatile athlete with the tools to develop into an elite edge rusher at the next level. He’ll likely start out as an outside linebacker but it would not shock me if he put put on enough weight to slide to strong side defensive end. He’s got a long frame, a great first step and the ability to turn his speed into power to overwhelm would be blockers. Will need to further refine his pass rush skills, learning how to better use his hands to defeat blockers but he’s got the athletic gifts to find a way onto the field very early in his career.

The Class

Despite a disappointing 6-4 season that ended with a coaching change a few days before the start of the Early Signing Period and the hiring of a new coaching staff after the Early Signing Period, Auburn’s 2021 class is in the top 20.

Obviously, #20 overall and #8 in the SEC is not good enough for Auburn to compete for SEC championships but it’s outstanding considering the cirumstances. There won’t be a massive talent gap on the roster as it was feared there would be back in December.

The Tigers still have some spots open for impact transfers as well. Overall, Bryan Harsin and his staff did an excellent job salvaging a situation that had the looks not that long ago of being a disaster.

War Eagle Dylan!

• Like 2

Brooks is Auburn's 4th in-state signee of the 2021 class and propels the Tigers to the 20th ranked recruiting class in 2021 . . .
Auburn Plainsman

19 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Gooch coming with him?

FWIW, his high school plays really weak competition and they’ve had several recent recruits out of there look great physically, but really struggle to compete at the collegiate level. 

• Like 2