Carnell Williams Career Highlight Video

StatTiger

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams was a highly touted running back coming out of high school as Tommy Tuberville's staff convinced him to sign with Auburn rather than Tennessee. He suffered injuries during his first two seasons (2001-2002), or he would have likely registered four 1000-yard seasons as an Auburn Tiger. He was All-SEC his final two seasons and an All-American his senior year.

He left Auburn as the Tigers second all-time leading rusher and established a record for most career touchdowns. Though he was a gifted athlete, his strongest asset as a running back was his ability to make the first defender miss the tackle. He possessed amazing footwork, and his lateral jump cut often resulted in the opposition chasing his shadow. He ran the ball as if it were the last one of his career.

Should he apply the same work ethic and effort as a coach as he did as a player, his coaching career should be successful. His excitement and respect for the game are already rubbing off on the players, and his love for Auburn will be a strong selling point in recruiting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, StatTiger said:

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams was a highly touted running back coming out of high school as Tommy Tuberville's staff convinced him to sign with Auburn rather than Tennessee. He suffered injuries during his first two seasons (2001-2002), or he would have likely registered four 1000-yard seasons as an Auburn Tiger. He was All-SEC his final two seasons and an All-American his senior year.

He left Auburn as the Tigers second all-time leading rusher and established a record for most career touchdowns. Though he was a gifted athlete, his strongest asset as a running back was his ability to make the first defender miss the tackle. He possessed amazing footwork, and his lateral jump cut often resulted in the opposition chasing his shadow. He ran the ball as if it were the last one of his career.

Should he apply the same work ethic and effort as a coach as he did as a player, his coaching career should be successful. His excitement and respect for the game are already rubbing off on the players, and his love for Auburn will be a strong selling point in recruiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuCHwKXzhPA

I was one of the ones elated with his hire. His type of attitude can become infectious. 

One of my favorites of all time. He wasn't the biggest, strongest or the fastest RB, but he left a lot of opponents' laundry on the field.  Maybe one of the most elusive backs I've ever seen, especially in tight spaces. He'd turn absolutely nothing into a 5, 10, 15 yd gain in the blink of an eye. 

Just a joy to watch. 

WDE Cadillac!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Living in Florida I had not seen him in high school but heard about him....BUT the first time I saw him carry the ball, can't remember who we were playing, I knew he was going to be 'special' and of course he was...there are many players that have outstanding skills, but what separated Caddy from the rest was his HEART.......We've had outstanding running backs throughout the years, but I judge them by Carnell....I believe he was the best to RB we've ever had....

I always thought the Athletic Department should have made a bumper sticker....My favorite car is a Cadillac #24

#24....

• Like 1

Walter Payton was the guy that immediately came to mind watching him. The insane balance and ability to bounce off a defender while keeping his feet is what reminded me of Sweetness. 

• Like 3

The black shoes, black socks, black tape were the best looking combination AU has worn.  The neon orange garbage being put out by UA look hideous.

I also enjoyed seeing Brandon Johnson opening holes.......dude was a beast with King 👑 sized heart.

• Like 1

To me, what made him so good was his balance, vision, and the acceleration out his cuts.

• Love 1

I remember someone asking Mark Richt who was the best HS player he ever saw and his answer was Caddy.   Seeing in in HS in person was so fun, he was just a wrecking machine.   

There is no doubt he and Ronnie pushed each other.