Hurricane Dorian

SaltyTiger

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Guess what the blue dot is. 

This is... not ideal. Hoping for change in the next 5 days.

Screenshot_20190831-085009.png

Woke up this morning in Charleston thinking, "glad I don't have to go buy hurricane supplies for this one."

Was at food lion an hour later buying hurricane supplies. Stay safe and War Eagle! 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Woke up this morning in Charleston thinking, "glad I don't have to go buy hurricane supplies for this one."

Was at food lion an hour later buying hurricane supplies. Stay safe and War Eagle! 

It was a friend in Mt. Pleasant who told me to take a look this morning.

Latest track looking better for the Lowcountry but obviously it's going to be a tense week no matter what.

Good luck to you and everyone. War Damn Eagle. 

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It was a friend in Mt. Pleasant who told me to take a look this morning.

Latest track looking better for the Lowcountry but obviously it's going to be a tense week no matter what.

Good luck to you and everyone. War Damn Eagle. 

🙏 

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

So was I but in Summerville. Hopefully it takes a hard right here soon

13 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I sure hope so! We live on the marsh and have dodged the bullet the last two years. 

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Stay safe AE79!  While I'm relieved that I'm probably out of the danger zone.....I hate that others are facing such a powerful storm. I'm praying for you and everyone else in the path of Dorian.

Assume all within potential impacts are watching, but

downright contrary damn' storm. Unhurried and slothful (down to 7mph travel) to the point of indecisive, and piggishly gluttonous (pressure crashed to 913 mb already). Prophylactic preparation and vigilant readiness to react probably called for.

Yes with the game last night etc, I was busy with all the post game videos to watch.  Checked on storm and just in awe. 185mph 911 mb cat 5 monster! Those on East coast of Florida, please consider leaving the coast despite reports if staying off shore. Keep in mind storms this large can wobble, especially during the stall/turn. Don't be caught by the shift. Hope this carries out to sea without landfall, something that wasn't a thought a few days ago. Blessed that the chances are better for that now. God bless you all and stay safe!

In the low country of South Carolina. Hoping this storm stays off shore and doesn’t hit anyone .. realistically I am waiting until it leaves Bahamas and see if or when it starts tracking north. Stay safe my friends. This storm is a monster..    WDE. 

Interesting fact I heard on one of the weather channels yesterday.  In recorded history, a hurricane has never made landfall on Florida's east coast north of Stuart.

Now, take that hard right turn.

37 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Interesting fact I heard on one of the weather channels yesterday.  In recorded history, a hurricane has never made landfall on Florida's east coast north of Stuart.

Now, take that hard right turn.

This is what I used to justify to my father on why I wasn't leaving.

Some of my neighbors lost their roofs during the last one though. If Dorian does the expected and runs up the coast I think roof damage is my biggest threat.  I did have a tree fall and hit my deck a few years ago so that is a concern too.

How we doing fam?

We evacuated to Rock Hill SC. Long story. Now just watching and waiting and back to hoping for an eastward turn or at least not a westward one. Very much inside the cone. Hilton Head will have flooding and at least some power outage. Those are a given. Tides were already high this week and we might get a really unfortunate combo meal with tonight's high tide coinciding with torrential rains and storm surge. Just hoping for flooding of the variety that blocks roads and not the kind that ruins buildings. Trying not to think about wind damage. 

Glad we aren't in northern Bahamas :(:(:( but could be dealing with some inconveniences.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

How we doing fam?

We evacuated to Rock Hill SC. Long story. Now just watching and waiting and back to hoping for an eastward turn or at least not a westward one. Very much inside the cone. Hilton Head will have flooding and at least some power outage. Those are a given. Tides were already high this week and we might get a really unfortunate combo meal with tonight's high tide coinciding with torrential rains and storm surge. Just hoping for flooding of the variety that blocks roads and not the kind that ruins buildings. Trying not to think about wind damage. 

Glad we aren't in northern Bahamas :(:(:( but could be dealing with some inconveniences.

Couldnt agree more sad for Freeport and the like.........I hope the most you recieve is rain and light rain at that.........will keep you and the entire McLoof family in our thoughts👍

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Missed me:timeout: just getting rain and some 30 mph winds no biggie.................poor Grand Bahamas now that's scary especially the way the homes are built there

You used to work in that area if not mistaken.

Missed us as well - total non-event ... not really even wind or much rain ... crazy considering it sat about 90 miles off our coast for two days.  Hope everyone along the cost more north fairs the same ...

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes I did.............. very sad to see 

A little history, that is what Cliff Hare looked like when I started at API in 1957. The buildings at the top of the photo were known as the Field House. Both teams suited up there and would come running out on the field at game time. As everybody knows we won the National Championship that year. Woody Hayes of Ohio State made a lot of noise about Ohio State should have won but the good guys won anyway. He was a  good coach but a real jerk. Some of you here might remember he hit a Clemson player when the player was out of bounds in a bowl game, can't remember which bowl game it was. He retired after that as well he should have.

WDE!!

On 8/31/2019 at 1:28 PM, CAReeves2010 said:

That's my hometown! I'm in Atlanta now... it's always bizarrely refreshing to hear from lowcountry folk on this site. Y'all stay safe!

We are blessed on the SW Gulf Coast.  Outside of a little gust of wind here or there, as the very outer bands come across, we aren't having weather any different than any other summer day.

Y'all stay safe, up in The Carolinas & God bless!!!

10 minutes ago, looney said:

That's my hometown! I'm in Atlanta now... it's always bizarrely refreshing to hear from lowcountry folk on this site. Y'all stay safe!

Lived in Goose Creek for a few years

17 minutes ago, looney said:

We moved here last year & my wife loves it. I know the feeling, everytime I see a 26 AL tag out here it makes me smile.

Archived