Hurricane Dorian

SaltyTiger

12 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Not going to worry about it up here in Bradenton...I think what we are getting right now would be worse that what that will bring...Wind is really high in today's storm.  We have lived through all of them since 2003 and haven't had much of a problem.    We will buy food on our normal schedule.  The worst part is if I have to go into work to secure our building before the storm.

Yeah, we evacuated to Atlanta and stayed with my maw-in-law 2 years ago (Irma IIRC) and our nextdoor neighbor said power didn't even go out so honestly, I'm not expecting much here either.  We've had so many bad storms this summer, it's ridiculous.  Pretty much all we needed was to make sure we have plenty bread for PB sandwiches, as I said earlier.  Beyond that, we always have a good stock of batteries, candles, etc.  Really my biggest fear is our power going out for an extended period.  My family will not be happy if I don't have AC!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just looked at the latest computer model output graphics and the compiled forecast track has shifted east.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a "fish storm" and the people of Florida and the southeast will

be spared.

Link:

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2019/hurricane-dorian?map=model

I always read the forecast discussion in addition to looking at the computer model outputs.

Any of you that want to evacuate to NW Georgia are welcome at my house. Stay safe!!

Edited to say that my invitation is for those in the path of the hurricane. Don't want a bunch of people just showing up at my house! :Sing:

I’m between Ft Lauderdale and West Palm ... watching it closely.  May evacuate to Naples depending on the track.  We’ll see ...

I’m in Jacksonville. Hate anyone is in the path. Like everyone else we’re waiting for this thing to figure out what the hell it’s gonna do.

16 Players from Florida:

Joey Gatewood-Jacksonville

DJ Williams-Lake Placid

Anthony Schwartz-Pembroke Pines

Jamien Sherwood-Jensen Beach

Devan Barret-Tampa

Javaris Davis-Jacksonville

Travion Leaonard-West Palm

Marquis McClain-Crestview

Jeremiah Dinson- Miami

Mark-Antony Richards-Wellington

Cord Sandberg-Bradenton

Daquan Newkirk-Orlando

O.C. Brothers-Titusville

Nick Brahms-Navarre

Tashawn Manning-Apopka

Devonte Booker-Orlando

Prayers for their families and their well-being.

I'm in Melbourne and after the nightmare trip we had before the last hurricane I'm not doing that again. Took us 18 hours to travel from Melbourne to Bham. We are about 4 miles from the coast. Shutters are up and the pantry is stocked. Hopefully Dorian fades like UGA in a national title chase. 

7 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Rumor here is that the NWS is going to change the name from Dorian to Hurricane Spaghetti...

FloridaSpaghetti_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

ArsTechnica had an article on what a mess the projections for Dorian are.  Really unusual storm in a lot of ways...

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/08/confidence-in-hurricane-dorians-track-is-extremely-low/

5 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

ArsTechnica had an article on what a mess the projections for Dorian are.  Really unusual storm in a lot of ways...

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/08/confidence-in-hurricane-dorians-track-is-extremely-low/

Yeah, this one is a little different....I think the slow speed is weirding everyone out.

Side Note: I'm now always skeptical of The Weather Channel and their hurricane coverage.  It's their Super Bowl and they really play this stuff up for ratings.  Over the years of living down here their reputation is dubious.  Case in point:

Everyone in Florida please stay safe! Hope we didn't jinx you... last year we left our vacation at Dauphin Island a week before Gordon hit. Well, we just got home from Universal Studios this past Monday. 

Maybe we should try Tehran next year?

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

16 Players from Florida:

Joey Gatewood-Jacksonville

DJ Williams-Lake Placid

Anthony Schwartz-Pembroke Pines

Jamien Sherwood-Jensen Beach

Devan Barret-Tampa

Javaris Davis-Jacksonville

Travion Leaonard-West Palm

Marquis McClain-Crestview

Jeremiah Dinson- Miami

Mark-Antony Richards-Wellington

Cord Sandberg-Bradenton

Daquan Newkirk-Orlando

O.C. Brothers-Titusville

Nick Brahms-Navarre

Tashawn Manning-Apopka

Devonte Booker-Orlando

Prayers for their families and their well-being.

Shaun Shivers and @Momma Worm are from Florida.

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah, this one is a little different....I think the slow speed is weirding everyone out.

Side Note: I'm now always skeptical of The Weather Channel and their hurricane coverage.  It's their Super Bowl and they really play this stuff up for ratings.  Over the years of living down here their reputation is dubious.  Case in point:

Yes and not the the first time they've been caught doing this in a hurricane or snow storm.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Guess what the blue dot is. 

This is... not ideal. Hoping for change in the next 5 days.

Screenshot_20190831-085009.png

Didn't know how to react to that. I started to laugh, but then I was sad. Be safe.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Didn't know how to react to that. I started to laugh, but then I was sad. Be safe.

Yeah, exactly. Almost comical that my house and the landfall spot form a Venn diagram. Almost.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Guess what the blue dot is. 

This is... not ideal. Hoping for change in the next 5 days.

Screenshot_20190831-085009.png

Lord that would be awful was in Charleston for Hugo.......................at the same time would be good it didn't cross over Fl. Damn if I do damn if I don't.....................

17 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Any of you that want to evacuate to NW Georgia are welcome at my house. Stay safe!!

Edited to say that my invitation is for those in the path of the hurricane. Don't want a bunch of people just showing up at my house! :Sing:

Will there be steaks on the grill........in South MS..........potential pather inquiring😁

Euro model.  This could be extremely nervous for the southern Florida residents. Incredible how something so powerful could essentially stop on a dime. Bahamas may be wiped out.  Feel bad for those residents.  Just one model. 

Archived