The Blame

AUght2win

16 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

NixToSanders, this isn't aimed at you, but you pose a good question so I'd like to try and answer.  At least from the perspective of posters like me...

It's probably because every single other board out there on the net goes by the "gladiator rules" of Go ahead and be disrespectful jerks, cuss, threaten, be lewd, etc.  It's nice to have at least one forum that has some rules of decorum and many posters who would prefer kindness over assholishness.  There's plenty of Rant type forums or premium forums where one can First Ammendment themselves into oblivion and be as jerk as they want.  I prefer to be treated with respect and I try to do that for most others myself.

As for continuing to come to this board and trying to call out the "garbage", it's an effort to keep the board respectable and not let it turn into just one more of a million other "no rules" forums.  What's wrong with us having just one that's decent? 

Think of it as having a favorite car, that is no longer in production, and requires periodic maintenance.   When things start to break, you don't just abandon the car on the side of the road....you try and have if fixed because there's not another one like it.

I love your way with words, man. Perfectly stated.

And for the record, I do skim over the back and forth crap where guys (and gals?) argue over something stupid, boast of their superior football knowledge, and call each other names. But that really gets annoying. Just treat people with respect. It's simple. Other posters, players, and coaches. Doesn't mean you have to agree with them. Nobody is saying that. 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Reasonable answer. I still don’t understand why she doesn’t just ignore those she thinks are out of line. I get wanting to keep it somewhat respectable compared to a rant site but honestly I just feel some take it too far with the hoity toity stuff. At the end of the day I’ve seen very little on here that would qualify as truly offensive. What it seems like more to me is some just cannot handle anything resembling criticism of Auburn. They want everything to be sunshine and rainbows no matter what. And truth is if we were in year 2 or 3 of Gus I would be leading the charge on limiting criticism...but its year 7 now. I clearly remember calling a local radio show in year 3 to defend Gus so I haven’t always been on the anti Gus bandwagon. 

Bottom line is it feels like a lot of self righteous virtue signaling when some on here call people out for being anti Auburn because they criticize a coach. I love Auburn. Thats why I want better. If I didn’t love Auburn, I wouldn’t care what our record was or if we beat our rivals...in fact, if I didn’t love it so much, I would probably be perfectly happy with Gus.

BTW its not lost on me the potential irony of my statement on Tigerbelle...she may well use the ignore function...on me...😂😂

25 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Reasonable answer. I still don’t understand why she doesn’t just ignore those she thinks are out of line. I get wanting to keep it somewhat respectable compared to a rant site but honestly I just feel some take it too far with the hoity toity stuff. At the end of the day I’ve seen very little on here that would qualify as truly offensive. What it seems like more to me is some just cannot handle anything resembling criticism of Auburn. They want everything to be sunshine and rainbows no matter what. And truth is if we were in year 2 or 3 of Gus I would be leading the charge on limiting criticism...but its year 7 now. I clearly remember calling a local radio show in year 3 to defend Gus so I haven’t always been on the anti Gus bandwagon. 

Bottom line is it feels like a lot of self righteous virtue signaling when some on here call people out for being anti Auburn because they criticize a coach. I love Auburn. Thats why I want better. If I didn’t love Auburn, I wouldn’t care what our record was or if we beat our rivals...in fact, if I didn’t love it so much, I would probably be perfectly happy with Gus.

I can't answer for her, obviously, but my issues (and I know many share this) are usually with the personal attacks & assumptions between posters....often devolving into nothing to do with Auburn, or even football for that matter, but just simply the "I know you are but what am I?" arguments. 

Now, as for Gus & Auburn?  I am actually on your side there.  If you know my posting history at all you know that, though I would be ecstatic if Gus would actually turn it around, I just don't think (after 7 years of basically the same problems) he's going to. I just have personally decided to quit beating that dead horse and instead enjoy what good DOES happen and I'll rant & rave after the clock strikes :00 after the Iron Bowl. ...but that is just me, I'm not judging you or others who need to continue venting.

And yes, I agree that IMHO the worst "pumpers" are worse than the worst "bashers".  Either side sucks though, as they're the ones who also tend to go that Personal route that ruins the threads. I THINK that's what belle, and others, are most often referring to??  At least that is my opinion.

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I can't answer for her, obviously, but my issues (and I know many share this) are usually with the personal attacks & assumptions between posters....often devolving into nothing to do with Auburn, or even football for that matter, but just simply the "I know you are but what am I?" arguments. 

Now, as for Gus & Auburn?  I am actually on your side there.  If you know my posting history at all you know that, though I would be ecstatic if Gus would actually turn it around, I just don't think (after 7 years of basically the same problems) he's going to. I just have personally decided to quit beating that dead horse and instead enjoy what good DOES happen and I'll rant & rave after the clock strikes :00 after the Iron Bowl. ...but that is just me, I'm not judging you or others who need to continue venting.

And yes, I agree that IMHO the worst "pumpers" are worse than the worst "bashers".  Either side sucks though, as they're the ones who also tend to go that Personal route that runs the threads. I THINK that's what belle, and others, are most often referring to??  At least that is my opinion.

Yeah I agree with all that. I try not to make it personal until someone else does. 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

And yes, I agree that IMHO the worst "pumpers" are worse than the worst "bashers".  Either side sucks though, as they're the ones who also tend to go that Personal route that runs the threads. I THINK that's what belle, and others, are most often referring to??  At least that is my opinion.

I am probaly biased 72. I will fully admit this.  But I have noticed that the ones who get the most personal and the nastiest when someone disagrees with their point of view are the pumpers/gus lovers. They seem to take this message boarding so seriously and are incapable of having fun and joking around taking everything in stride. A Nega Barner like myself and others seem to be able to poke fun and make jokes about the situation and just have a good time. Our attitude is not the one who clouds this place with constant negativity.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am probaly biased 72. I will fully admit this.  But I have noticed that the ones who get the most personal and the nastiest when someone disagrees with their point of view are the pumpers/gus lovers. They seem to take this message boarding so seriously and are incapable of having fun and joking around taking everything in stride. A Nega Barner like myself and others seem to be able to poke fun and make jokes about the situation and just have a good time. Our attitude is not the one who clouds this place with constant negativity.

Prrrrreeeaaaach

31 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Nobody is being self righteous buddy. If anything.....that comes from the hater side, as well as all the condescension. I've been the recipient plenty of times. You just don't like it people call you on all this crap. Nobody ever said you had no right to your opinion. It's how you treat those of us that don't agree with it that has become another issue.

There's general criticism,and then there's this all encompassing obsession with feeling enabled to take everything and make it a negative,mean-spirited hateful post that infiltrates the entire board.  Your little group is extremely tiresome. 

I've been here a long time.....and I've seen a lot on this forum. But what's going on now is about as unpleasant an atmosphere as I've ever seen.  

It's pretty hard to ignore this stuff when it's on every thread. And what right do you have to suggest that I shouldn't post my opinion? You sure don't see me trying to manipulate and take over an entire board. 

Why don't you scroll past posts that support the coach and the team?  See how that works?

Totally agree brother!

Like I said, the worst "pumper" often BY FAR out-jerks the worst "hater".  And yes, the pumpers often have no......I mean NEGATIVE ZERO.....senses of humor.....AT ALL!  That's why I'm always shocked (in a good way) when Mikey cracks a joke.  Such a breath of fresh air!  LOL!!!

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Nobody is being self righteous buddy. If anything.....that comes from the hater side, as well as all the condescension. I've been the recipient plenty of times. You just don't like it people call you on all this crap. Nobody ever said you had no right to your opinion. It's how you treat those of us that don't 

There's general criticism,and then there's this all encompassing obsession with feeling enabled to take everything and make it a negative,mean-spirited hateful post that infiltrates the entire board.  Your little group is extremely tiresome. 

I've been here a long time.....and I've seen a lot on this forum. But what's going on now is about as unpleasant an atmosphere as I've ever seen.  

It's pretty hard to ignore this stuff when it's on every thread. And what right do you have to suggest that I shouldn't post my opinion? You sure don't see me trying to manipulate and take over an entire board. 

Why don't you scroll past posts that support the coach and the team?  See how that works?

And there ya go! 😂 Point proven.

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Totally agree brother!

Like I said, the worst "pumper" often BY FAR out-jerks the worst "hater".  And yes, the pumpers often have no......I mean NEGATIVE ZERO.....senses of humor.....AT ALL!  That's why I'm always shocked (in a good way) when Mikey cracks a joke.  Such a breath of fresh air!  LOL!!!

I don't agree. I have seen it from both sides. Sadly, when I try to be objective, like HARD CORE TRY TO BE OBVIOUS OBJECTIVE, one side gets mad. If I call one person out, then they get offended, especially when I agree with them 9 times out of 10. I have posted this before but there is just unfair policing going around here and really it is based on reputation. I have seen the so called pumpers get attacked just as much as the so called haters. So yeah I am definitely disagreeing.

It's like when people say you are a Bo nix fan or JG fan. I have people say I am a Bo Nix fan when in the summer I advocated for JG and said he would be better in Gus's offense. ALL SUMMER. But does that mean I should root against Bo since Gus chose him? No. I am going to give him the benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise and vice versa with JG. But that is where the fights begin. When people start the labeling.

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Totally agree brother!

YES FAM!!!!! They are incapable of posting Gifs and participating in FUN thread derailments!!!! They get so pissy when a thread does not stay on topic!! lol. They are not flexible at all and absolutely under no circumstances are they going to switch up how they feel!!! I feel like me and you are not even HATERS. We are reactionary and react to what we see. Miss St game?! GREAT! Florida game? BAAAAAAAAAAAAD! Is it really that hard? How on earth can one be positive after the florida game? Just like how could anyone be negative after the State game?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't agree. I have seen it from both sides. Sadly, when I try to be objective, like HARD CORE TRY TO BE OBVIOUS OBJECTIVE, one side gets mad. If I call one person out, then they get offended, especially when I agree with them 9 times out of 10. I have posted this before but there is just unfair policing going around here and really it is based on reputation. I have seen the so called pumpers get attacked just as much as the so called haters. So yeah I am definitely disagreeing.

I’m just gonna go ahead and disagree with your disagreement on the subject of this disagreement...I think...maybe...I dunno...

YES FAM!!!!! They are incapable of posting Gifs and participating in FUN thread derailments!!!! They get so pissy when a thread does not stay on topic!! lol. They are not flexible at all and absolutely under no circumstances are they going to switch up how they feel!!! I feel like me and you are not even HATERS. We are reactionary and react to what we see. Miss St game?! GREAT! Florida game? BAAAAAAAAAAAAD! Is it really that hard? How on earth can one be positive after the florida game? Just like how could anyone be negative after the State game?

Frankly my dear, the pumpers don’t give a damn...

CC3F6CFD-A9D4-4C89-A55C-9F1CC203E013.jpeg

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m just gonna go ahead and disagree with your disagreement on the subject of this disagreement...I think...maybe...I dunno...

I respect your opinion to disagree on my disagreement 

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m just gonna go ahead and disagree with hour disagreement on the subject of this disagreement...I think...maybe...I dunno...

SIR!!! SIR!!! THIS IS NOT A WENDYS buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut It is ASSISTANT  REGIONAL MANAGER!!! Not ASSISTANT TOOOOOOO THE REGIONAL MANAGER! lol. Something like that right?! haha 

ewerewr.gif

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Frankly my dear, the pumpers don’t give a damn...

CC3F6CFD-A9D4-4C89-A55C-9F1CC203E013.jpeg

Pumpers/ Gus bus front seat riders be like WUUUUUUUUUUUH IS GOING ON?!?!? lmao 

gfdf.gif

SIR!!! SIR!!! THIS IS NOT A WENDYS buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut It is ASSISTANT THE REGIONAL MANAGER!!! Not ASSISTANT TOOOOOOO THE REGIONAL MANAGER! lol. Something like that right?! haha 

ewerewr.gif

😂😂😂

Condescension has many forms. The condescension and name-or-behavior-calling that come through under the guise of "enlightenment", even if bringing correct info, is still demeaning. If there's a correct and respectful way to disagree, then there is a correct and respectful way to enlighten, as well.  Look at the last sentence ("famous last words") of most posts that rub you the wrong way. They rub you the wrong way for a reason. The snark of those last jibes so permeates that one can't hear the rest of a perceptibly good message, and frankly loses all motivation to hear what that poster has to say in the future.  And the "PARENTING"... another damper altogether. 

11 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

And there ya go! 😂 Point proven.

"Buddy." My point, exactly.

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Condescension has many forms. The condescension and name-or-behavior-calling that come through under the guise of "enlightenment", even if bringing correct info, is still demeaning. If there's a correct and respectful way to disagree, then there is a correct and respectful way to enlighten, as well.  Look at the last sentence ("famous last words") of most posts that rub you the wrong way. They rub you the wrong way for a reason. The snark of those last jibes so permeates that one can't hear the rest of a perceptibly good message, and frankly loses all motivation to hear what that poster has to say in the future.  And the "PARENTING"... another damper altogether. 

Now see, Tora can make a thoughtful, well reasoned post without acting like her nose is in the air and she drinks with her pinky finger out. This is a good post.

Just now, DAG said:

And that's fine.  I can see your view as there ARE some jerk Haters out there. I'm certainly not saying it's ALL on the pumpers.  Unfortunately though, I have sometimes been lumped in the Haters crowd because I don't think Gus is the answer, so my handful of really bad experiences have been with Pumpers so that's my, potentially flawed, view.

Matter of fact, since we're discussing this, there are some that I truly don't have any idea what their actual opinions of Gus, or even Auburn, are.  Their view rarely even mentions Auburn football....but rather they just like being "right", regardless of the subject, how it makes them look, etc.  Those are the ones I get the least.  I mean....at least make it about AUBURN FOOTBALL...  Maybe if they did, they'd have fewer people "seeking" them out to argue with.

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

😂 Dammit Gwill you’re having fun again! You’re ruining this board!

MUHHHH DUDE I will be perfectly honest!!! This football season the past few months is the HAPPIEST I have been on this board. 1 certain poster got banned awhile back who was me and @McLoofus shadow and it is like I AM WALKING ON SUNSHINE EVERY DAY NOW!!! So I really cannot relate to all the apparent I am seeing now frustration a lot of other people are having. EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY ON HERE as far as I am concerned!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!! 

ddssddsf.gif

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I have sometimes been lumped in the Haters crowd because I don't think Gus is the answer, so my handful of really bad experiences have been with Pumpers so that's my, potentially flawed, view.

I totally understand why that would be problematic, TBH. There are some that lump everyone together without discernment. 

Archived