Interesting Comments from our AD

Potatooooooes!!

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I know what you mean.  I'm working tomorrow and I'm not even recording the game. First time I have intentionally done that. Your description is spot on. 

If Gus is back then next season will be very interesting to see the overall interest and attendance from the fan base.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

If Gus is back then next season will be very interesting to see the overall interest and attendance from the fan base.

The real kicker will be if the notion that Steele doesn't want to work under Gus anymore turns out to be true. Boy, the wheels would definitely fall off then. That Defense is the lifeblood of this team.

7 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

The real kicker will be if the notion that Steele doesn't want to work under Gus anymore turns out to be true. Boy, the wheels would definitely fall off then. That Defense is the lifeblood of this team.

THIS. 

So much this. 

I would imagine that the administration, and possibly Greene doesn't quite realize the apathy of the fan base as yet, or probably not the extent of it. Seats without butts in them will garner their attention however. There's not a single Auburn fan I know who is happy Gus is still here. 

8 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

You can't dump on a guy while the season is ongoing and the biggest game is looming. That said, I think we'll have Gus next year because nobody wants to stick their neck out there and pay $26 million to get rid of a guy that half the fanbase can still tolerate. And also because I'm used to being disappointed. 

Consider that you are a relatively new AD at a major university with a football team that is currently ranked #16 in the nation, that sells out season tickets every year in a 85,000 + seat stadium, that is currently 8-3 with the toughest schedule in the nation, that usually lands recruiting classes in the top 10 nationally, that has very few off the field discipline problems and has a team that plays hard all game long.  Would you consider firing the head coach and by the way, coming up with $27,000,000 for the buyout?  I think we have a smart, level headed AD in Allen Greene and I think we are fortunate to have him. 

6 hours ago, fredst said:

Correct. UGA went 9-3 and beat Auburn then Richt was dismissed. Thankfully we won’t follow that example because UGA immediately turned into a Frankenstein of UT and Nebraska after they made that move

erwrew.gif

6 hours ago, fredst said:

Correct. UGA went 9-3 and beat Auburn then Richt was dismissed. Thankfully we won’t follow that example because UGA immediately turned into a Frankenstein of UT and Nebraska after they made that move

Please don’t forget all the universities that have had to cut academic programs, stop all lunch plans, lay off maintenances workers, cut professors salaries, and do away with free wi-fi due to paying coaches buyouts...

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I would imagine that the administration, and possibly Greene doesn't quite realize the apathy of the fan base as yet, or probably not the extent of it. Seats without butts in them will garner their attention however. There's not a single Auburn fan I know who is happy Gus is still here. 

I believe you are very right. Very much so. 

download (5).jpeg

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Might be why Gouge is gonna be named permanent soon

and will sign off anything if a few certain few support Telfair Peet ....Good man from my distant observance.

29 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Guinness book of world records would need to send some reps down to the loveliest village because we would set a new record for apathy. 

uiuii.gif

tyrrtyrty.gif

56554.gif

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Might be why Gouge is gonna be named permanent soon

OH GOODY GOODY GOOD!!! The eagle flew good dude may be back permanently.........

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Guinness book of world records would need to send some reps down to the loveliest village because we would set a new record for apathy. 

uiuii.gif

tyrrtyrty.gif

56554.gif

It would be so un-Auburn. Maybe it's finally time for it. There's nice, tolerant, patient, forgiving, and empathetic...but then there's doormat. 

14 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

It would be so un-Auburn. Maybe it's finally time for it. There's nice, tolerant, patient, forgiving, and empathetic...but then there's doormat. 

Gus certainly has taken advantage of our fans for sure. We have the best, most forgiving, nicest and most kind fans in the world. It is both a blessing and in this case a curse.

11 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Please don’t forget all the universities that have had to cut academic programs, stop all lunch plans, lay off maintenances workers, cut professors salaries, and do away with free wi-fi due to paying coaches buyouts...

The salaries are ridiculous I think but that’s the world we live in. Crazy....

42 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I didn’t even know that was a thing...

31 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

You should go check out some of our other forums. It's pretty bizarre what's going on over at AUC, half the posters are acting like we're 9-1 and everything is awesome. 

6 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

You should go check out some of our other forums. It's pretty bizarre what's going on over at AUC, half the posters are acting like we're 9-1 and everything is awesome. 

It is mainly all the people who came over from ITAT/Scout. 247 posters are not exactly like AU Rivals posters  where I would say 97% want Gus gone and HAVE wanted him gone. But they also are not so blind to have wanted chizik to stay after the 2012 debacle. A lot of them that were the same ones who were not on board with firing Chizik when we absolutely bottomed out and hit rock bottom. Their mantra was BUT IT IS ONLY 2 years after a national title! lol.

It really goes to show you how these 8-4 seasons muddies the water. It leads to huge extremes of thinking one way or the other. It took a season like 2012 to get a lot of people on the same page. These in the middle seasons just divides the fan base.

8 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

If Gus beats Alabama he stays.. the question is will that win be enough to save his job next year if he has another 8-5 season with losing to our rivals

Mark My Words... If Gus is not gone we will be talking about firing him again next year.

6 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

Mark My Words... If Gus is not gone we will be talking about firing him again next year.

next year?! It will hang over us like a dark cloud all off season. SAME AS LAST OFF SEASON!!! Same as 2015 and 2016 off season. It never ends. This is why we need to be put out of our misery.

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is mainly all the people who came over from ITAT/Scout. 247 posters are not exactly like AU Rivals posters  where I would say 97% want Gus gone and HAVE wanted him gone. But they also are not so blind to have wanted chizik to stay after the 2012 debacle. A lot of them that were the same ones who were not on board with firing Chizik when we absolutely bottomed out and hit rock bottom. Their mantra was BUT IT IS ONLY 2 years after a national title! lol.

It really goes to show you how these 8-4 seasons muddies the water. It leads to huge extremes of thinking one way or the other. It took a season like 2012 to get a lot of people on the same page. These in the middle seasons just divides the fan base.

I've had an account on the Scout site for years before the merger and I always liked reading the stuff Jason and Mark put out. Their content has kept me renewing for years now. I don't have any data to back this up but I've always imagined the ITAT crowd to be older and more conservative than some of our other forums. I don't mean conservative in the political sense, but like how a lot of the posters have an almost fanatical devotion to the coach and any criticism means you're putting down Auburn. I've seen some older ITAT accounts have some... weird... views on football. I saw someone unironically say earlier that it's not harder to win at Iowa State than it is at Auburn because Iowa State is in the Big 12 and only played one top 10 team this year. Ergo Matt Campbell is not that good of a coach. My reaction was:

tenor.gif?itemid=10953977

3 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I've had an account on the Scout site for years before the merger and I always liked reading the stuff Jason and Mark put out. Their content has kept me renewing for years now. I don't have any data to back this up but I've always imagined the ITAT crowd to be older and more conservative than some of our other forums. I don't mean conservative in the political sense, but like how a lot of the posters have an almost fanatical devotion to the coach and any criticism means you're putting down Auburn. I've seen some older ITAT accounts have some... weird... views on football. I saw someone unironically say earlier that it's not harder to win at Iowa State than it is at Auburn because Iowa State is in the Big 12 and only played one top 10 team this year. Ergo Matt Campbell is not that good of a coach. My reaction was:

Same guys scoffing at what Fleck has done at Minnesota. Clueless 

9 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

hahahahaha muhhhhhhhhhh dude!!!! I have noticed the same thing through the years as well!!! YES! YES YES! This so much.They are the types that if other fanbases  saw comments from them  they would think they are talking about freaking South Carolina or some program like that. Not a freaking top 12 program. They think very very little of Auburn and it really pisses me off!!! lol. Basically they scream and yell at us that we should be content with 8-4 because that is all we should expect............. I WILL NOT!!!! NO SIR!!!!!

1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

Same guys scoffing at what Fleck has done at Minnesota. Clueless 

You know, a program that hasn't won the Big 10 since the moon landing.

Archived