Men vs. Furman

tgrogan21

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m not sure the D was all that stellar

it wasn’t bad but it’s been a lot better.  I’d argue our lack of D fouls shows we aren’t trying hard enough

I thought it was. They got very little open looks. They are making shots with our guys hands in their face and us draped all over them.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

We will be working on entry passes the whole time before our next game.

Uh...   Dunno.  I keep thinking that about free throws and, well, uh....

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

We will be working on entry passes the whole time before our next game.

Hope we take a couple minutes to work on FT shooting though.

Just looked at the Furman stats for the season......they are shooting WAY over their heads tonight other than Mounce who is very accurate. 

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m not sure the D was all that stellar

it wasn’t bad but it’s been a lot better.  I’d argue our lack of D fouls shows we aren’t trying hard enough

you're right. it wasnt bad to start then got LAZY as the game went on. Cannot leave their best shooter wide open. Can absolutely tell they had a long lay off and werent taking this team seriously

6 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Wiley is open and we won’t pass

wiley is covered and we force it then turnover

We have certain players who just completely ignore the post when they're in the game, others who can't get the ball to the post quick enough on picks, and about 1 person who consistently has good passes in the post.

Auburn is not built to have Wiley as a post player. Wiley just needs to rebound and get the hard points. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ole Miss has owned us for far too long in basketball. It’s ******* embarrassing our record against them. Like 2-15 or some s***. 

It is one of the weirdest things. At least we swept them in AK last year. But even with our best team ever they swept us...... So strange. Doesn't make sense.

We need dribble penetration with results to make this offense run.  Teams that extend their defense and help us from getting the ball inside will only back off if our guards can get inside and make plays.  Great defense by Furman and sloppy, slow reacting defense for us...recipe for disaster.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

It is one of the weirdest things. At least we swept them in AK last year. But even with our best team ever they swept us...... So strange. Doesn't make sense.

We win the SEC. We go to Final Four. And my Ole Miss buddy still gets bragging rights of “at least we’re better than Auburn”. Still can’t believe Kermit won coach of the year last year with a losing SEC record. You want conspiracy against AU sports? There it ******* is. 

Furman is hitting every shot and we’re not hitting FTs... y’all calm down. We’re not gonna blow out every opponent.

Second half about to get underway. Gotta come out and hit some shots and value the ball. Not counting the young men out, not with Pearl on the sideline.

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Furman is hitting every shot and we’re not hitting FTs... y’all calm down. We’re not gonna blow out every opponent.

Down 8 at half is something to be concerned about. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

dont see anyone worried about not blowing everyone out. The way we played in the first half, we need a drastic change in the second half or we will lose to a significantly lesser opponent

Archived