2020 Softball Newcomers

https://auburntigers.com/news/2019/12/13/Get_To_Know_Lindsey_Garcia.aspx

Softball  By: Jackson Bylsma

Get To Know... Lindsey Garcia

Lindsey Garcia: Softball

As the offseason rolls along, we'd like to introduce the newcomers for the upcoming 2020 softball season. With first pitch set for Feb. 7 in Clearwater, Fla., at the NFCA Leadoff Classic, we'll check in with all 14 new additions to the squad.  

First up, freshman infielder, Lindsey Garcia.

Q: What jersey number will you wear, and does it hold a special meaning to you?

Garcia: I wear #5 because of my trainer, Lauren Guzman. Lauren played shortstop here at Auburn, and it was my dream to be like her. She has been a very important and influential person in my life. 

Q: What is your favorite place on campus to hangout?

Garcia: I like hanging out in the dorms because it's a place where you get to interact with other athletes and your own teammates. 

Q: What's your favorite pregame meal?

Garcia: I prefer just a smoothie for pregame because it gets me energized, but a sub and salad do the job and get me ready to go.

Q: What is your favorite place to vacation?

Garcia: My favorite place to vacation is the Florida Keys because I love the beach, boating and anything ocean related, and the Keys are a place to embrace that. 

Q: What are your team goals this year?

Garcia: As a team, we're looking to win. Win in everything we do, on and off the field.

Q: What is your favorite Auburn tradition?

Garcia: My favorite tradition is rolling Toomer's Corner because it brings the whole university and community together to celebrate Auburn Athletics. 

Q: What is your major, and what do you want to do with it?

Garcia: My major is Biomedical Sciences, and I want to become a compounding pharmacist.

Q: If you could have dinner with any person dead or alive, who would it be?

Garcia: If I could have dinner with any person, it would be with my little brother, who passed away when he was young. I want to see what we would like to do with his life if he was here and just enjoy his presence.

Q: What has been the highlight of your softball career so far?

Garcia: The highlight of my career is winning my fifth straight softball state championship and winning female athlete and player of the year. 

Q: What does the "Auburn Family" mean to you?

Garcia: The "Auburn Family" means a lot to me. It means a place where everyone can come together and just appreciate Auburn and love it. It means once you go Auburn, you don't go back. I love Auburn.

Print Friendly Version

PLAYERS MENTIONED

On 12/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, The Freak said:

Welcome to Auburn and eyes on the ball please.

lol saw that, but her hand and glove positioning look great so give her that! :)

All of these girls seem to be real excited to be at Auburn. That’s good to hear. 

Archived