LSU vs. Clemson Who ya got?

CleCoTiger

12 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

It's hard to compare IMO. Brennan set the SSTD record vs the WAC and Burrow broke it vs SEC talent. By numbers I think yes and yes the talent around him is pretty damn good. Chase, Jefferson, and Marshall are all NFL talent but they needed someone who could get the ball to them, not taking anything from Burrow or what he's done there but Cam had T Zach, Adams, and Kodi. How many times did # 2 put that team on his back when they needed him? Those Clemson, Arkansas, bama games man he came through. 8 comeback wins. Burrow didn't have many of those games. Both of their defenses gave up yards and points, LSU had more next level talent on d but neither were bad. My honest opinion watching both teams is LSU loses 2 games without Burrow ( Texas & uat), AU loses 6 without Cam (Clemson, USC, Arkansas, LSU, uga, uat) maybe 7 considering UK. Burrow was LSU's missing piece, Cam was AU's everything. 

Auburn did not have a player on that Natty team make a single start in the NFL on that offense that was a starter outside of Cam. Hell only Ziemba was drafted (7th round) and only Ziemba actually spent time on anything above a practice squad and that was only for like 1 or 2 seasons I think. Darvin may of been promoted to the active roster at some point for a cup of coffee but I do not think he ever got in to a game and recorded a stat. That is why Cam had the single best college football season ever to me. He went undefeated and elevated what was most likely a 7 win team to National Champs.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Even though I wanted LSU to win and am glad they beat Dabo I still despise LSU. No team has broken our heart more in my lifetime than LSU. The way they win vs us has just been downright painful. We have had so many games stolen from us by them. Even in our last 2 good to really good seasons (2013 and 2017) they still managed to beat us. Will Gus ever beat Coach O?

I know your pain bud, I've grown to appreciate LSU mostly for Les Miles and taking a chance on who at the time was a head scratching hire in Orgeron BUT my one and only CFB nightmare came the night Vaughn missed in OT.

24 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I know your pain bud, I've grown to appreciate LSU mostly for Les Miles and taking a chance on who at the time was a head scratching hire in Orgeron BUT my one and only CFB nightmare came the night Vaughn missed in OT.

lol ohhhhhhhhh there is a lot more pain than just that night!!! That was just the start of all of this! How Les made a absolutely horrid call vs us in 07 throwing a bomb when time would of most likely ran out and they would of lost if it was incomplete was just GUT WRENCHING!!!! The 2017 collapse and choke job at the hands of DANNY FREAKING ETLING that would of ended the streak of HORROR in Death Valley?! DEVASTATED! I mean how long can this streak go on of us losing at Red Stick?! ITS BEEN 2 decades now! O and finally last year dominating for pretty much the entire game in 2018 only to lose on a last second field goal where on the final drive they converted every clutch third down and some of their best plays were just to throw it up because they knew a pass interference call was coming.

36 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

It's hard to compare IMO. Brennan set the SSTD record vs the WAC and Burrow broke it vs SEC talent. By numbers I think yes and yes the talent around him is pretty damn good. Chase, Jefferson, and Marshall are all NFL talent but they needed someone who could get the ball to them, not taking anything from Burrow or what he's done there but Cam had T Zach, Adams, and Kodi. How many times did # 2 put that team on his back when they needed him? Those Clemson, Arkansas, bama games man he came through. 8 comeback wins. Burrow didn't have many of those games. Both of their defenses gave up yards and points, LSU has more next level talent on d but neither could be considered bad. My honest opinion watching both teams is LSU loses 2 games without Burrow ( Texas & uat), AU loses 6 without Cam (Clemson, USC, Arkansas, LSU, uga, uat) maybe 7 considering UK. Burrow was LSU's missing piece, Cam was AU's everything. 

eewew.gif

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol ohhhhhhhhh there is a lot more pain than just that night!!! That was just the start of all of this! How Les made a absolutely horrid call vs us in 07 throwing a bomb when time would of most likely ran out and they would of lost if it was incomplete was just GUT WRENCHING!!!! The 2017 collapse and choke job at the hands of DANNY FREAKING ETLING to end the streak?! DEVASTATED! I mean how long can this streak go on of us losing at Red Stick?! ITS BEEN 2 decades now! O and finally last year dominating for pretty much the entire game in 2018 only to lose on a last second field goal where they converted every clutch third down and some of their best players were just to throw it up because they knew a pass interference call was coming.

I stopped doing low country boils against them in 2017, Chili's also off the menu at my house after this year lol. 

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I stopped doing low country boils against them in 2017, Chili's also off the menu at my house after this year lol. 

dgfdgf.gif

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

I really hope he ends up with a team with a fanbase that appreciates him. 

I think he actually comes back now after ownership saw HOW FREAKING DIFFICULT LIFE IN THE NFL CAN BE WITHOUT A FRANCHISE QB!!!! He at least is under contract for 1 more year if they decide to pick up his 21 million dollar team option I think it is?

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Congrats to future Auburn Head Coach Joe Brady on his Natty! Excited to see him roaming the Auburn sidelines in 2022!!! Lol 😉

I don't see what he stands to gain from not taking that Carolina job honestly. The guy led the greatest season in a blue blood's history. He changed the narrative of the program, and flipped its perceived incompetency on its head. You helped Ensminger win for his family, you helped this Burrow kid and his story, you did all these things for that market, I cant possibly understand why you'd come back. Tepper will probably offer in one year what LSU can offer over a contract's lifetime and you get the chance to not only rectify the second best SEC QB talent of the decade, you get to prove you're bigger than Sean Payton

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Congrats to future Auburn Head Coach Joe Brady on his Natty! Excited to see him roaming the Auburn sidelines in 2022!!! Lol 😉

Man wouldn't that be amazing? The way the Gus fantastic five would hate.....man, I'd love to be able to experience that

9 hours ago, AUTiger03 said:

You know, I wonder if those LSU boys are going to be looking for ways to fire ole O' once they realize this isn't repeatable without a once-in-a-generation talent. Or maybe that's just an Auburn problem

Give him a few more years with Auburn-results and salary and we may find out. 

10 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

Orgeron learned his lessons well. Now he is reaping the benefit. He hired a good, competent staff, and let them coach. I wish we had that on offense. 

He sure did. Having failed previously as head coach, he hired a good staff and let them do their thing, caught lightning in the bottle by way of a transfer QB who won the Heisman, went undefeated, national championship. You couldn't write a better career turnaround script!

Come on, 3-9. 🤞 😂

14 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

Orgeron learned his lessons well. Now he is reaping the benefit. He hired a good, competent staff, and let them coach. I wish we had that on an offense. 

Ah. That looks much better. 

Funniest. GoFundMe. Ever. 

"That poor thing..."

Gosh awful. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/purchase-clemson-a-new-mascot-costume?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

"...J Wells donated $10

"I had to give to the LSU-fan-initiated gofundme to purchase Clemson a new mascot costume. It’s HORRIBLE. It may be the worst College Mascot costume in the entire country. Those eyes, just...puke."

Archived