Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

Just now, AU64 said:

Sorry ...that does not fit the narrative so does not count....like we beat bama and Oregon among others.....just gotta spin it out there in the way you want in order to make your point.

BAD game and for second game in a row the D gave up 500 yards.....really hard to understand that. :dunno:

It was a good to very good defense but had problems against good offenses.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

We lost to Minnesota.... Minnesota.... Let that sink in. I wanted to lose the Iron Bowl so we could get rid of that bubble gum chewing dotard walking the sideline, but everyone was cool with keeping him so long as we beat big brother every few years.

Auburn is only the second best team Minnesota beat this year.

It was gratifying to see a B1G team put an SEC team in its place, after all the smug “they can’t handle our speed,” “we’ll dominate them on the line,” and “there’s a huge talent gap” comments.  Typical that instead of giving the opponent any credit, SEC fans call for their own coach to be fired.  After all, your boys are undeniably superior to any yankee squad.

Sorry, I meant to be more gracious than this.  I’ll show myself the door.

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I am so tired of our fans, and our HEAD COACH, constantly lamenting who we have to play. Who cares?!? Go out and beat whoever lines up across from you!

Out of reactions, but YASSSSSSSS! Are fans that brainwashed by our current leadership that we have to find a new excuse every year? Butttt... 

#injuries #motivation #schedule #personnel #refs #announcers #gametime #weather #badpress #dangstadiumnoise #bowlopponents #ranking

#execution #truefreshman

#maygetsomeoneworse

#leastwerenotmississippi

#lookattennessee

What am I forgetting?

1 minute ago, everybody knows my name said:

It was gratifying to see a B1G team put an SEC team in its place, after all the smug “they can’t handle our speed,” “we’ll dominate them on the line,” and “there’s a huge talent gap” comments.  Typical that instead of giving the opponent any credit, SEC fans call for their own coach to be fired.  After all, your boys are undeniably superior to any yankee squad.

You aren't wrong! Minnesota deserved that victory. Their performance was FAR superior to Auburn.

1 minute ago, everybody knows my name said:

Dude, you act like this is the first time we've seen this out of Gus Malzahn.  It's not.  This game isn't the reason people are calling for his head.  It's just another notch on his crappy belt.

Congrats to Minnesota.  Played a physical game.

O yay. more good news. What a banner day in Auburn Athletics........

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

If he still has Olympic level speed he should go the track route.

6 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Honestly, there are a lot of props to Minnesota in this and other threads. If anything, most of the anger is, speaking for myself at least, we envy you your coach, your enthusiasm, and your programmatic hope. You deserve every bit of this win, and I'm not the first to say it. Now go break Outback with some coconut shrimp tomorrow! 

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

If he still has Olympic level speed he should go the track route.

Of course. Especially because Gus will continue to misuse him and not get the most out of him.

Could CGM's poor bowl record be related to the typical issue of his teams having to play the first three or four

games before we know what kind of team he has. I think the long layoff between games may allow his team

to get out of game condition. They certainly did not appear game ready today. 

For the PTB... @augolf1716and I dedicate this one...

Just now, CodeRocket said:

Could CGM's poor bowl record be related to the typical issue of his teams having to play the first three or four

games before we know what kind of team he has. I think the long layoff between games may allow his team

Whatever it is, someone should put it on their #1 list to see that he fixes it. It's just not working for him. Or anyone.. except our opponents. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

At least he has options. Some of these poor guys are stuck with Gus period. 

1 minute ago, CodeRocket said:

I think it has more to do with an opponent having a month to prepare for Gus' high school offense. 

14 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Some people aren't real bright, just another fact.

But the FUTURE is, make no mistake about it, no doubt about it. 

The DISTANT future...

man some of you guys are like freakin robocalls. there is not one single auburn fan on here that can get gus fired or even keep his job for that matter. i even understand people needing to vent after an ugly loss but you guys say the same old crap every time we lose a game. people wanting gus hurt is crap. the couple of cats wanting gus to die are full of crap. one cat wanted us to get busted by the ncaa to get rid of gus. another brought guses wife into it. every single thing i just said was stated on this board. some of you act like children and as bad or worse than some of guses coaching. many of you do not care what you say and would probably burn down the board.how many people have left this board over the blatant and often low class attacks?  and then you guys want to call out folks loyal to the team. not all sunshine pumpers are  happy with gus but because we refuse to quit being loyal to the team we are attacked as well when we just refuse to give up on our beloved team.  i will never ever pull against Auburn and anyone who does is not a true fan. you can lie to yourself and everyone else but when you quit pulling for those same kids you claim to love when they win is pure freaking garbage. if you guys are that mad email the AD every single time you want to poor mouth folks instead of attacking folks on here and you might get somewhere. attacking folks on here does nothing but cause hard feelings and runs people off because of all the negativity. am i happy? nope.i hurt just as bad as anyone on this board but someone needs to call some of this crap out.

3 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

The point you make is just another sympton of the same issue; he's a bad coach (also, he's a dimwit, a moron, he's stealing from Auburn being paid $50m; he is the luckiest son of a bitch in the history of college football, he has the best agent in football). 

Comment from a Yahoo post. Do not agree with the FSU part but all else is spot on.

”This is why nobody respects Auburn. They field storm and pop champagne and their coaches and players cry when they beat Alabama in a meaningless regular season game then they get embarrassed and dominated in there bowl game. Won kick 6 game vs Alabama, then got manhandled by Jameis Winston and Florida St in the title game. Beat Alabama in 2017, got manhandled by G5 UCF, beat Alabama this year and get stomped by Minnesota. Auburn keeps bottle popping when they beat Alabama as if that’s their title game. Does Nick Saban and Alabama fans pop champagne when they beat Auburn or do they realize there’s a bigger goal at stake? They don’t celebrate beating Auburn. Attention Auburn, win a game that means something and stop popping bottles when you win a reg season game va Alabama. Does THE Ohio St university pop bottles when beating Michigan? It’s called low sports self esteem Auburn, STOP IT”

2 minutes ago, the_raven_tiger said:

I think it has more to do with an opponent having a month to prepare for Gus' high school offense. 

And if Gus cannot run the ball and his OL not get a push then it is game over. No opposing coach is ever worried about a Malzahn led team beating them via the pass. The man is one of the worst passing coaches I have ever seen. We are the easiest team to defend in the country when we step back to pass.

Archived