Who's worth more?

tigerman1186

I'd rather give Coach Bruce Pearl a $45 million contract and let him coach baskets and football...guys seem to play hard for him???

I'm going with Golf due to his like of hockey and women's beach volleyball. Bird is valuable don't get me wrong, but Golf has those intangibles that are natural and can't be developed.

10 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I'd rather give Coach Bruce Pearl a $45 million contract

Image result for emperor thumbs up gif

and let him coach baskets and football

Image result for emperor thumbs up gif

guys seem to play hard for him???

What @keesler said. Gus has major problems. This isn't one of them.

11 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I'd rather give Coach Bruce Pearl a $45 million contract and let him coach baskets and football...guys seem to play hard for him???

I agree about Bruce being the one to get paid. Worth every penny.

What Gus does best is keep the program clean and have players that love him. Not worth 7 million, but it's one of his few good traits.

A Bama and Uga fan asked me my thoughts about Gus on NYE. I love the clean program he runs and the players love him/their coaches.

I wish AU would give him a low base salary with an insane bonus for winning each game, becoming bowl eligible, making the playoffs, making/winning championships... so that he literally would be coaching for his job each game. The insane structure could add up to $49M or whatever is it each year, but you have to make it there first. 

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

A Bama and Uga fan asked me my thoughts about Gus on NYE. I love the clean program he runs and the players love him/their coaches.

I wish AU would give him a low base salary with an insane bonus for winning each game, becoming bowl eligible, making the playoffs, making/winning championships... so that he literally would be coaching for his job each game. The insane structure could add up to $49M or whatever is it each year, but you have to make it there first. 

I approve this message. 😁

If incentives work with CGM, then let's scatter, smother, cover, and chop a few in that direction. How I wish a redo clause had been included in the original contract that would require compensation to the program for avoidable losses. Whew, can of worms, but we are both rightfully lamenting the one-sidedness of this demon contract. 

Just now, ToraGirl said:

I approve this message. 😁

If incentives work with CGM, then let's scatter, smother, cover, and chop a few in that direction. How I wish a redo clause had been included in the original contract that would require compensation to the program for avoidable losses. Whew, can of worms, but we are both rightfully lamenting the one-sidedness of this demon contract. 

I like Gus and I LOVE the fun games (2019 Iron Bowl and 2017 uga were some of my favs)...BUT I don’t think he’s incentivized by money. At least not like some people think on here. I think it’s more of a pride/keep my job sort of thing because he always seems to have his “flashes of brilliance” when it feels like his job is on the line. It’s so frustrating. I legit feel if they said, “hey, we are going to buy you out or you can stay and coach, but we amend your contract” he would do the later (if the changes weren’t like $100k salary). AND THAT SOUNDS CRAZY, but he’s different. 

But with Greene in the mix now, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a new coach next year. I don’t think it will happen, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did. 

2 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I like Gus and I LOVE the fun games (2019 Iron Bowl and 2017 uga were some of my favs)...BUT I don’t think he’s incentivized by money. At least not like some people think on here. I think it’s more of a pride/keep my job sort of thing because he always seems to have his “flashes of brilliance” when it feels like his job is on the line. It’s so frustrating. I legit feel if they said, “hey, we are going to buy you out or you can stay and coach, but we amend your contract” he would do the later (if the changes weren’t like $100k salary). AND THAT SOUNDS CRAZY, but he’s different. 

But with Greene in the mix now, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a new coach next year. I don’t think it will happen, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it did. 

I'll stand with you. I'll choose to believe in sooner rather than later. The longer "once-unlikely basketball" soars under a motivational, endearing coach , the greater the writing will be on the wall for football.

For whatever the reason for the ineptness...his particular contract should have been worded to protect the university as well. 

How many who are in over their head know when to fold up and will follow through to do it? Less and less in the money age. For all of his strengths, he is also seemingly scared, prideful, obtuse...or something I have--rarely--no words to describe...and very, very well provided for and protected under the current arrangement...as is his staff, which has dawned on me a lot lately. 

Gus is technically worth more because this program markets (and is branded publicly) as a football program. No matter how good Auburn b-ball is, that paradigm will likely never shift enough

BP is worth more in the sense he’s keeping Auburn fans happy when they think athletics (sorry baseball and equestrian) and is a far more likeable face of our athletics. Auburn has definitely done a lot to position him as the guy, when it comes time to speak about Auburn. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Who's worth more?

Archived