Null

Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

2021 5* LB Smael Mondon

36 offers including AU, Bama, Clemson, Florida, FSU, UGA, LSU, Miami, Michigan, ND, Ohio St., Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn St., & Vols
Believed to be a major AU target
First name pronounced "Smile"

No. 2 outside linebacker visits Auburn, will return

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

The No. 2 outside linebacker in 2021 visited Auburn again on Saturday. Smael Mondon, a Rivals100 recruit from Paulding County (Ga.), was one of dozens of top recruits at the Tigers’ Junior Day.

mnlvwlve4pba9qlfafxz

For Mondon, it was his third visit to Auburn.

“It was really good,” Mondon said. “We visited the dorms, met with coaches and talked more with them, and then toured around.”

Mondon time with Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. The two coaches have made Mondon a priority.

“They are recruiting me hard,” Mondon said. “Coach T-Will is really cool. I like him a lot. I also talked with Coach Steele and like him, too.”

Mondon doesn’t list any favorites, but has high interest in Auburn.

“I don’t have any frontrunners or designated leaders right now, but I like Auburn,” he said. “I like how they are a family-oriented team and I like all the coaches. I’ll be back in the spring.”

Mondon doesn’t plan to announce a commitment before taking more visits.

“I'm not (announcing) anytime soon,” Mondon said.

Rivals ranks Mondon, who is listed at 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds, the No. 5 player in Georgia and No. 38 in the Rivals100.

Smael Mondon moved up 11 spots to #8 overall & the #1 ranked LB in the nation by 247 only.

• Like 2

My Tennessee fan who was right about a lot of their recent gets seems pretty confident they get him. I’d be floored.

I haven’t wanted a GA player to Auburn this bad since Carl Lawson. Mondon is in that stratosphere of talent. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

I haven’t wanted a GA player to Auburn this bad since Carl Lawson. Mondon is in that stratosphere of talent. 

Agreed. Seems we’re firmly behind UGA at the moment. T-Will is reeling him as hard as he can though.

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

My Tennessee fan who was right about a lot of their recent gets seems pretty confident they get him. I’d be floored.

So would AU & UGA staffs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Umm

usatsi_13307003-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Umm

usatsi_13307003-1.jpg

D. Brown was a better player at AU than Lawson, no doubt. As a recruit though, I wanted Lawson more. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

As a recruit though, I wanted Lawson more. 

Yeah. Dynamic pass rushers are sexier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUinGA44 said:

D. Brown was a better player at AU than Lawson, no doubt. As a recruit though, I wanted Lawson more. 

No question Lawson was the bigger "name" as a recruit. Cowart, too. They were top-5 overall guys. Maybe even Pappoe, just because we haven't gotten many 5* LBs. (Somehow Tre Williams seemed to kinda fly under the radar as far as 5*s go.)

Edited by McLoofus

@McLoofus The Kristen Bell posts have not been deleted. They’ve been moved to the Movies thread in the all things considered forum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@McLoofus The Kristen Bell posts have not been deleted. They’ve been moved to the Movies thread in the all things considered forum.

And you're welcome...😉

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Who's Kristen Bell?

• Haha 1