Trump replaces HHS watchdog who found ‘severe shortages’ at hospitals combating coronavirus

On 5/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, creed said:

Shortage of supplies has been reported ad nauseam. What I would like to know is when did hospital supply inventories fall below the levels used for this report and what policies, federal oversight and administration allowed this to happen. 

Everyone allowed it, nobody cared... hospitals are normally wildly profitable. The last chain of civilian hospitals I worked with made it perfectly clear that we ARE a business first, our job is to increase profits, the way that benefits the people is that more sick will come to us if they trust we can make them better. However, like most businesses stressing for higher profits; we cut corners wherever we could. Infrastructure improvements were postponed again and again, old equipment was continually used instead of replacing with something new/better, stocks of equipment were kept at what was thought to be the lowest level needed.

Then a pandemic hits, and now a lot of my old co-workers are pissed that they are being told to buy their own PPE, some have been threatened about using the hospitals PPE unless they are going into an area with a confirmed COVID case. They don't have near what they need even though our area has still not been hit too hard.

Meanwhile, at the government hospital I am at now, we still, even months later have mountains of PPE available. It's not that the people running this place are geniuses and the civvy hospitals are dunces, it's that the government hospital is not ran for profit, they are instead 'allowed' a certain budget per year... which causes leadership to hoard equipment, as any money not used was lost.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:10 PM, Mikey said:

An interim person was replaced when a permanent appointment was made. Shocking, I tell you!

So, Grimm was not fired, she simply remained in her permanent position. Do the goofballs really, really have this little to try to make an issue out of these days?

ok. what about all the other times?

Archived