Prayers for Coach Dye

3rdgeneration

Excuse me if this is posted elsewhere. Coach Dye has been hospitalized with Covid. Please join me in praying for his complete recovery.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2020/05/20/legendary-auburn-football-coach-pat-dye-hospitalized-after-testing-positive-covid-19-coronavirus/5234095002/

I just hope he gets better, been a tough couple years for all Auburn fans but especially ones older than me that've grown up with these key figures,. Can't wait till we get a vaccine cobbled together 

He needs are prayers, Coach Is in the high risk age group and was not in great health anyway so he definitely needs our prayers.

prayers send for coach. he sure took care of my stepfather when he was dying of cancer.if i knew what i could get him when he probably has everything i would send it. it would hurt my soul to see him pass.

Praying for Coach Dye- my all time favorite Auburn coach🙏 I saw him in the 2010 season getting ready to sign some books before a game. My friend and I sat there with him for 15-20 minutes just talking about games while he was coaching. He was so down to earth.

Prayers for Coach.  His age (80) and pre-existing conditions puts him at serious danger.  Thank goodness he has (so far) no covid symptoms, I pray it stays that way.

13 minutes ago, keesler said:

Prayers for Coach.  His age (80) and pre-existing conditions puts him at serious danger.  Thank goodness he has (so far) no covid symptoms, I pray it stays that way.

What are you talking about? He already tested positive for COVID-19. He’s supposedly back in hospital at EAMC w kidney issues. 

31 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

What are you talking about? He already tested positive for COVID-19. He’s supposedly back in hospital at EAMC w kidney issues. 

He tested positive but he's asymptomatic as of now.

There have been cases of people getting hit with a 2nd round of virus symptoms more than 2 weeks after initial diagnosis. 

That along with his age and preexisting condition(s) would seem to suggest that he might not be completely out of the woods with regards to the virus.

28 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

My bad - I read he was hospitalized in an Atlanta hospital for kidney problems, tested positive for covid but so far has been asymptomatic.  

Perhaps I worded my post oddly?  I haven't posted on this board on months....I'll make myself scarce a while longer.

Good health to everyone and WDE.

Just now, keesler said:

My bad - I read he was hospitalized in an Atlanta hospital for kidney problems, tested positive for covid but so far has been asymptomatic.  

Perhaps I worded my post oddly?  I haven't posted on this board on months....I'll make myself scarce a while longer.

Please hang out. I'm not sure what was wrong with your post, either. It's good to see you. Hope all is okay. 

36 minutes ago, keesler said:

Don't you dare. Missed your voice! Pray all is well with you. We've enjoyed having our AU "big kid" home, too.

3 hours ago, keesler said:

My unexpert assumption is simply that, like the real world, the board is also simply struggling with the stresses & fears that are going on.  I know I was struggling mightily with my attitude for a few months and pray that my ship is righted now.

Nothing wrong with you, brother.  You're good and always a bringer of good game!

Prayers up for coach Dye!

I basically learned to understand the game (cut my my teeth, so to speak) under Barfield so when Dye took over those were the most magical football years of my life.  

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

My unexpert assumption is simply that, like the real world, the board is also simply struggling with the stresses & fears that are going on.

Sounds like an expert assumption to me, my dude.   :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, keesler said:

Ditto. From a med professional.

prayers for coach.

Get better soon coach Dye. You da man!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Prayers up for coach Dye!

I basically learned to understand the game (cut my my teeth, so to speak) under Barfield so when Dye took over those were the most magical football years of my life.  

Prayers for Coach Dye. He was our cold glass of water after wandering in the Barfield Desert for his tenure. 

Barfield had three of the best backs ever to grace the plains all at the same time and couldn't win consistently...

woody-angry-gif.gif

10 hours ago, keesler said:

So I read the same thing as you did. Hang around, Keesler. I always enjoy or at least respect your take on things. I've kind of been in and out lately, too, but I'm back to check on my Fam. Hope you are doing well.

8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Day Coach Dye stepped on campus we all knew great years ahead. Hard to understand without suffering through most of the 70's then loving the 80's. 

Archived