2021 4* OG Jaeden Roberts

ellitor

11 hours ago, tinman said:

Just please give this LOYALTY to a  particular school a rest!  Those days are LONG gone and have been for years.  Recruiting is all about relationships with the coaches.   Head coach and their position coach.  When the relationships is broken by the school then it has a negative effect on the recruit.

This post is an utter misunderstwnding of what attracts kids to and keeps them with Auburn. There are only a handful of schools that THRIVE on family and loyalty (Auburn, notre dame, ivy league schools) and dismiss it in OUR instance is flat out unaware.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

This post is an utter misunderstwnding of what attracts kids to and keeps them with Auburn. There are only a handful of schools that THRIVE on family and loyalty (Auburn, notre dame, ivy league schools) and dismiss it in OUR instance is flat out unaware.

If that is the case why are we ranked 12th in the SEC?  I'm not dismissing the fact that AU is a special place as I've been going to games since the 1960's, but there HAS to be more to offer in this day and age of recruiting, and the coaching relationships (and the development to get to the NFL) rank at the top of the recruit's importance.

'If there wasn't Auburn, there wouldn't be Alabama...if there wasn't Alabama, there wouldn't be Auburn.' Over the years when one school did something that the other felt gave them an advantage, then that school would address it and do it better...we hired Coach Jordan, they brought in Coach Bryant, we improved JH, they improve DB and so on...the problem is the ball is in our court and we haven't step up to answer them....we've been dragging our feet on a football complex, our rival has been reaping the benefits with recruiting....once our complex is built (?),  just watch and see how Alabama reacts, especially when it effects recruiting...

Well I see that Jaeden Roberts wasn't a young man of his word. That seems to be the case more often then not. After being committed to Auburn for several months, they are easily flipped from AU to another team. Georgia & Alabama have flipped many AU long time commits and we don't try to flip any theirs. I don't understand.

11 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

What is your proof source? I’v been on college campuses all over the country. They all think they are special and unique in various ways. Are many intrigued by some of Auburn’s charm? Sure. Let the next coach turn us into a consistent 10-12 wins a year program and start putting more guys in the NFL watch recruiting go to another level. 

Hate that he decided not to sign with us yesterday....but if not, surely hate to see him go to bama...rather have him sign with Texas or Baylor...

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* OG Jaeden Roberts
5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Roberts & AU have parted ways permanently per Keith. Moving this thread to the Rivals Section.

Are you allowed to elaborate why?  To make it permanent, it seems like something happened. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Are you allowed to elaborate why?  To make it permanent, it seems like something happened. 

Keith didn't say why. Just said JR left the Commits group chat Tuesday night & that was the end of that.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith didn't say why. Just said JR left the Commits group chat Tuesday night & that was the end of that.

Wow that stinks. Thought we'd get him back. 

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It sucks we missed on this kid.

It absolutely blows he's going to Bama.

https://twitter.com/NCAAFNation247/status/1342579044286607360?s=19

Well now we know why his recruitment shifted on a dime in a snap of a finger. Got that commitable offer from Northport he was looking for.  He was all Auburn and gung ho about still signing with AU the night Gus got fired. Said he loved Auburn and not a doubt in his mind he would sign with us. Then all of sudden out of nowhere he decommitted and said he was no longer considering AU. okkkkk.......

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well now we know why his recruitment shifted on a dime in a snap of a finger. Got that commitable offer from Northport he was looking for.  He was all Auburn and gung ho about still signing with AU the night Gus got fired. Said he loved Auburn and not a doubt in his mind he would sign with us. Then all of sudden out of nowhere he decommitted and said he was no longer considering AU. okkkkk.......

New car in 5... 4... 3...

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

New car in 5... 4... 3...

Heard he was giving out Cadillac Hoodies to the community for Christmas! I hate we missed him. I just have to put faith that Harsin has a plan to clean this mess up. 

IMO Roberts should have been the #1* priority for this class, given our woeful OL, especially after losing Johnson to ND. This OL flip is worse b/c it’s just another punch in the gut from west alabama.  *(Recruits 1a & 1b, Davis & Hunter)
Was this kid just waiting on a uat offer all along or really that torn up over Gus and the forthcoming staff changes?  Does anyone know if Harsin picked up the phone and called Roberts (or anybody else on the fence) after he was named HC? (Recruiting rules permitting).
I just read that CBH has spoken with our current players and was reaching out to current commits, though none in the transfer portal. (No Mar or Worm?). We only signed 12 guys, he needs to update his plan to unlimited minutes. 

8 hours ago, auburndkel said:

Does anyone know if Harsin picked up the phone and called Roberts

@auburndkel Roberts signed last Wednesday so we couldn’t call after he sighed. I’m sure Harsin has called commits that haven’t signed and uncommitted recruits by now.

Archived