Fire Gus!

AUFriction

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think truthfully in order to get a real deal coach to come here these things would have to happen.

fire Gus and all the coaches and support staff

have all the board resign

Have Green and all the support staff resign 

Go after the best coach out there with a blank check for him to fill in.

give him permission to interview and hire the complete board,the AD and support staff. All his coaches of his choosing. 
then and only then can we actually start to rebuild AU like it needs to be. 

Green did not give Gus that buyout. None of this is his fault.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

It's because the difference between a top 3 class and being the number 15 class is like the same between 15 and 50. It's a much bigger gap than people realize.

The difference in being able to coach those players up is a real big difference as well. Also maybe if we didn’t go after Def player for OL 🤔

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

It's because the difference between a top 3 class and being the number 15 class is like the same between 15 and 50. It's a much bigger gap than people realize.

I'm glad someone else gets it. Sometime I feel like I'm taking ******* crazy pills talking to some people.

I think truthfully in order to get a real deal coach to come here these things would have to happen.

give him permission to interview and hire the complete board,the AD and support staff. All his coaches of his choosing. 

Green is above and beyond one of the best things to happen to Auburn athletics and is a fantastic individual. I'll go to bat for him until I see something incredibly alarming.

Somewhat related we have to get out of this deal with Under Armor.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Green did not give Gus that buyout. None of this is his fault.

I didn’t say it was Greens fault , I’m just saying their is some kind of disease at Auburn so we need a total cleaning house in order to start again. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I didn’t say it was Greens fault , I’m just saying their is some kind of disease at Auburn so we need a total cleaning house in order to start again. 

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. The very root cause of Auburn's problems that's unique to us (Leath) is gone. Now we have to either get rid of Gus or wait it out so we can build the facility.

What you’re proposing would set us back years, a self imposed death sentence. 

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What you’re proposing would set us back years, a self imposed death sentence. 

Plus Green has done a LOT of house cleaning already and distancing the PTB from having control.

Only think I'm pissed with kind of related to him is this Football facility we've dragged our feet on for way too long.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Plus Green has done a LOT of house cleaning already and distancing the PTB from having control.

Only think I'm pissed with kind of related to him is this Football facility we've dragged our feet on for way too long.

And he might be the only reason we have Pearl still coaching the best sport on the Plains. 

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Gus is 2 and 7 (now 7) against GA...its a pattern...he is 7-16 against AL, LSU and GA.  

^ THIS

49 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

He sure beat the hell out of us last season with a team of 3* guys. 

Nobody on the team cared about that game. Everyone was disappointed after being passed up for better bowls. The team played not to lose. Had we faced fleck in the season, we probably would’ve won.

4 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Nobody on the team cared about that game. Everyone was disappointed after being passed up for better bowls. The team played not to lose. Had we faced fleck in the season, we probably would’ve won.

And that's one of many things that angers me. Seems like we "don't care" about our bowl game a lot under Gus. They wanted to play in the Cotton? Boo freaking hoo, maybe they should've played better in the 2017 Peach.

Nobody on the team cared about finishing with a bang and reaching double digit wins? Where does that lack of motivation come from I wonder?

We all said the same things last year, then the tune changed with a win over an injury riddled Bama team. Don't be fooled if it happens again this year.

28 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.  You don't just fire people for the hell of it.  Yes, Gus needs to go and yes, we need to pay what it takes to get the right guy.  The rest is idiocy.

3 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Nobody on the team cared about finishing with a bang and reaching double digit wins? Where does that lack of motivation come from I wonder?

Well. I’ll put it this way. I didn’t give a flip about that game, and I don’t blame them for not caring either. After beating Bama to end the season, a bowl game against Minnesota is just so... underwhelming.

I predicted a loss in that game the moment it was announced because I knew that no coach would be able to get our players up for that bowl game.

7 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Well. I’ll put it this way. I didn’t give a flip about that game, and I don’t blame them for not caring either. After beating Bama to end the season, a bowl game against Minnesota is just so... underwhelming.

I predicted a loss in that game the moment it was announced because I knew that no coach would be able to get our players up for that bowl game.

This attitude is part of the problem. Say what you want about Chizik, even he could get us up for a bowl game. Tubs too--you think the 2006 team was excited about playing in the frigid Cotton Bowl at 11 AM against Nebraska after being #5 the second week of November? But they won.

That was not what they preached going into that game. Derek Brown cared or he wouldn't have played. Honestly I dont even buy that excuse for the UCF game. We came out hot, took a lead and then never adjusted to what UCF was doing. I think Gus and the team wanted to beat Minnesota bad. But got out coached on both sides of the ball.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd still like Cristobal.

All I know is, I'm tired of the umpteenth verse of this song from Gus.

This. I just want to come out looking prepared every game. It's not always even about winning just tired of being embarrassed and out recruited by a decent margin.

Going to the Florida game with my wife (UF grad school student) was infuriating. It wasn't that we lost it was that we cried about crowd noise and couldn't get past the 50.

Also went to the Tennessee embarrassment. Drove 6.5 hours from Orlando to pick up family then 4.5 hours to the game to watch us suck big time. We let Tennessee run the same 3 predictable plays down our throat.

1 minute ago, AUBourne said:

That was not what they preached going into that game. Derek Brown cared or he wouldn't have played. Honestly I dont even buy that excuse for the UCF game. We came out hot, took a lead and then never adjusted to what UCF was doing. I think Gus and the team wanted to beat Minnesota bad. But got out coached on both sides of the ball.

This. No coach worth his salt goes and half a** their post season game. Regardless of who it is.

46 minutes ago, Carnell said:

You guys will never learn.  Bill Clark does not have any experience as a power 5 coach, spent most of his time in high school. A glorified Gus and yet you want to hire him.  We are our own worst enemy.

Ok big shot, who’s your choice to replace him, or do you want to keep him?

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

Ok big shot, who’s your choice to replace him, or do you want to keep him?

Brady.

Or, bite the bullet and wait out the next four years for his buyout to run out and the facility to be built and swing big.

6 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I’m waking away. You guys are halo rating here. (Taking your general impression of Gus to create criticism, even in places it is unwarranted.) I’m pissed about tonight as well (and I started this thread). But you need to be objective.

Lots of coaches for other teams (especially in the SEC) have mentioned getting players up for bowl games is difficult. For a big 10 team, the chance to beat a rated SEC team is a big deal. For that SEC team, what do they have to play for? Their only motivation to win is to not be embarrassed, and that isn’t much to be motivated for. 

I blame Gus for a lot of things. Tonight was inexcusable, and he should be fired for games like today. But the bowl losses to UCF and Minnesota were different that what happened tonight. The greatest coach in the world wouldn’t have gotten the best out of our players for either of those games. There just wasn’t really anything to play for.

Archived