On 10/12/2020 at 10:16 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

KP was in the doghouse for some off the field issues that season. who knows

Not a rumor, this was true FYI.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, AURex said:

1. Shivers was out with an injury.
2. Both Tank and DJ got carries at RB, and I expect there will be a 3 RB rotation when Shivers returns, as in the first game.
3. If MAR is not getting carries, it is because Morris is making the decision, not Gus.
4. If MAR is not out there, it is most likely because (a) he hasn't mastered the plays, (b) he can't block worth a crap. or (c) Tank & DJ are just better.

If you are NOT an **INSIDER** I'm suggesting you do not have the day-to-day knowledge of player capabilities that our coaches do. And if you figure that you are more experienced, more knowledgeable, more brilliant than our coaches, then I'm wondering why you are babbling here on UAF rather than coaching a spectacular offense!

I'm not a Gus apologist, but I am a practical realist. Coaches do not make decisions with the intention of losing. And they are not hired because they are complete dumbs**t morons with ZERO knowledge/experience who are DEDICATED to bringing down our Auburn football program.

I am no more happy than anyone else here with the current Auburn situation. But I'm not going to start accusing coaches of intentionally sabotaging our program. IMO, they play the guys who they believe can contribute most to a win. Every single game, every quarter, every play, they want to win.

And ya know what? If Morris decides to stick with Tank and DJ (and Shivers when he is healthy), I do not accuse him of intentionally sabotaging the team, or not wanting to win. He wants to win. He wants the best players on the field for the best plays in his playbook.

Now, as for his playbook, and Gus's, well I've got a lot of reservations and I'm ready to dump the whole lot of them. But I do not question their desire to win or the choices of players who they think may help them win.

Are you a better coach? Gimme your resume of teams you've coached.

You are correct. I think the problem is the disinformation that Gus puts out.  For a week and half maybe even two weeks. We kept hearing how well MAR was doing and how he reminded them of KJ then we heard about Tank.  So we started with a three man Rotation Shivers, Williams, Tank nobody had an issue with MAR not playing it is true with most teams that you seldom getting meaningful reps beyond 3rd RB unless it is cleanup time.  Then Shivers got hurt and Williams was banged up so Georgia game was basically Tank. Against Arky it was Tank and some Williams but he was stiil a little banged up.  Because Gus had said how good he was early we all thought he would see some action when we were short handed. 

Do I think Gus is trying to lose heck no. He wants to win but sometimes gets in his own way.  Do Gus and Morris know more about football than I do of course they do so does any HS or college coach who has coached for at least a year probably even if only coached a single game. It was Gus who said how good MAR looked and it was the same Gus who did not play other RB's in previous years who when somebody got hurt and he had to play them turned out to be pretty good RB's.  The past history has something to do with the questioning of MAR not getting any carries.

Archived