Who do you want as head coach?

copper4eva

58 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And actually now that I think about it even though the hs connection excuse is bull Gus hasn't been building our HS connections. If anything he made them worse, we don't have good relationships with Auburn or Phoenix city really......we don't have them in North Alabama.......I can't believe people even try to bring that excuse to the table really

These are very good points.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Anyone who minimizes what Saban has done at bama is just not being realistic at all.  He is arguably the best program builder (and sustainer) ever to coach CF!  I don’t like him or the school where he made it happen, and I especially don’t like their fan base, but it’s true.  Saban is the best.  

I actually kind of like him🤷🏻‍♂️. I didn’t used to. But I think his drive and work ethic grew on me. 

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Anyone who minimizes what Saban has done at bama is just not being realistic at all.  He is arguably the best program builder (and sustainer) ever to coach CF!  I don’t like him or the school where he made it happen, and I especially don’t like their fan base, but it’s true.  Saban is the best.  

Credit where credit is due. I respect his leadership philosophy and his management process. He puts his staff and players in a position to succeed! 

Per 247 recruiting:

Auburn is now 39th in recruiting. Remember when we were making fun of P.J. Fleck for a 38th recruiting class? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

Per 247 recruiting:

Auburn is now 39th in recruiting. Remember when we were making fun of P.J. Fleck for a 38th recruiting class? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Damn that burns . Recruiting is everything guys . So damn embarrassing 

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oops

0F56CD45-9E73-4783-BDDD-6D3FEF7FD1CD.jpeg

But, but, but there are quite a few big time players that are probably going to sign with us, they just don’t want anybody to know about it right now!!!!

In his latest column, asshat Forde offered his opinion regarding the HOTSEAT coaches. Yes, Gus was on his list. He was not advocating dumping Gus this year, but recognized that Auburn is idiotic about football.  Here is the part of the article regarding Malzahn --- and a link to the complete article that includes Texas, Michigan, etc.

Auburn (13). Gus Malzahn’s annual tightrope walk is teetering again. The Tigers are 5–3 and could easily be worse, if not for a couple of fortunate officiating breaks. They are 0–2 against currently ranked teams, with an average losing margin of 25 points. At the granular level, the former tempo innovator no longer seems a step ahead of opposing defenses, and quarterback Bo Nix has not substantially progressed as a passer from freshman to sophomore year despite having a talented receiving corps.

But this situation would cost a fortune to change. Malzahn’s buyout would be north of $21 million, and athletic director Allen Greene called for a 10% reduction in expenses in 2019—before the pandemic dropped the bottom out of the college sports market.

Still, Auburn moves in mysterious ways when it comes to athletics, and has often been irrationally urgent about football success. If the school’s infamous booster cadre is sufficiently moved, maybe that monster sum of money could be raised. If so, Hugh Freeze (14) seems like the perfect Auburn football coach.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/11/30/tom-herman-jim-harbaugh-scott-frost-hot-seat

Flash tweeted something then it was deleted. KN emoji’d it, some people seem to think things are moving, it may be just players leaving, Who knows.

17 minutes ago, AURex said:

In his latest column, asshat Forde offered his opinion regarding the HOTSEAT coaches. Yes, Gus was on his list. He was not advocating dumping Gus this year, but recognized that Auburn is idiotic about football.  Here is the part of the article regarding Malzahn --- and a link to the complete article that includes Texas, Michigan, etc.

Auburn (13). Gus Malzahn’s annual tightrope walk is teetering again. The Tigers are 5–3 and could easily be worse, if not for a couple of fortunate officiating breaks. They are 0–2 against currently ranked teams, with an average losing margin of 25 points. At the granular level, the former tempo innovator no longer seems a step ahead of opposing defenses, and quarterback Bo Nix has not substantially progressed as a passer from freshman to sophomore year despite having a talented receiving corps.

But this situation would cost a fortune to change. Malzahn’s buyout would be north of $21 million, and athletic director Allen Greene called for a 10% reduction in expenses in 2019—before the pandemic dropped the bottom out of the college sports market.

Still, Auburn moves in mysterious ways when it comes to athletics, and has often been irrationally urgent about football success. If the school’s infamous booster cadre is sufficiently moved, maybe that monster sum of money could be raised. If so, Hugh Freeze (14) seems like the perfect Auburn football coach.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/11/30/tom-herman-jim-harbaugh-scott-frost-hot-seat

His obsession with us is borderline psychotic. Dude is a creepy stalker towards AU. Auburn Fan's may not all agree on who should be the next head coach but we can all agree on forde, wolken and thamel freaking suck. F that guy. I will never understand how a outsider hates us so much. Dude you got owned a decade ago. Let it goooooo.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Flash tweeted something then it was deleted. KN emoji’d it, some people seem to think things are moving. Who knows.

It was domino's falling. 

Still gonna be 2022. Not quite reaching the end of the buyout (which would be disastrous as @metafourpointed out), but just low enough.

I desperately hope COVID shows how ridiculous these buyouts are (reading that Pat Forde article and it seems like other programs are in our situation). The pessimist in me says that any good fundamental changes are too much to hope for, but I've been wrong before...

image.png 

There was once a carpenter who said  " "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven." When prompted regarding forgiveness.

That is for you "family" types.

Its starting to feel like Texas A&M is a must win not only for Gus but this program in general.  A top 5 win regardless of who its against is something to hang your hat on.  If Auburn comes out and lays a Gus dump then start tracking Freeze and Cristobal's movements.  Personally I don't think Cristobal would leave Oregon based on what he's building.  What's the ceiling at Liberty?  I think Freeze would be in Starkville in two weeks if Auburn asked him to be.  

Auburn fans love Auburn

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

image.png 

There was once a carpenter who said  " "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven." When prompted regarding forgiveness.

That is for you "family" types.

If the hooker phone stuff was his only blotch, I would say yes in a heart beat. The recruiting violations make me cringe a bit, admittedly.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

If the hooker phone stuff was his only blotch, I would say yes in a heart beat. The recruiting violations make me cringe a bit, admittedly.

We most definitely have someone else in control of entertainment and I imagine are boosters are a lot smarter (sneakier) than what Ole miss was doing. All this to say, winning cures all. Bama fans were not cringing with the thought of him being on their sidelines. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We most definitely have someone else in control of entertainment and I imagine are boosters are a lot smarter (sneakier) than what Ole miss was doing. All this to say, winning cures all. Bama fans were not cringing with the thought of him being on their sidelines. 

Yeah. Kiffin (while harder to get) would be good too. Either way Ole Miss would hate us more for ripping the Tubs scab off again LOL

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Ole Miss doesn’t pull in top 5 recruiting classes without help.  Auburn can.  

Correct and again Hugh does fit that good guy, christian mold that Auburn fans seem to want (Despite his past transgressions). It makes too much sense, TBH. Imagine DD with Hugh coaching him.

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Hugh is a good coach and a damn good recruiter. I'm not saying the right guy for Auburn, but we'd be fools not to consider him. 

I notice you did not mention Lane. I know you do not AU to poach another coach away from your REAL number 1 school Ole Miss B!!! lol

Archived