* Official Auburn vs. South Carolina Game Thread *

abw0004

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm not saying he's right but I do understand why he wouldn't want to give 100% effort all the time. He's bailed Nix out more than the other way around and then Nix wants to get in his face on the sidelines after bad passes.

Hes also bailed on plays and caused his team to come up short because he didn't block or he cut his route. He's not helping himself. You think the scouts don't see these things? They do. 

Guys this is bad. I know we’ve ranted about canning Malzhan for a long time, but with his buyout, I just don’t see it, particularly in a pandemic year. That said, I’m always hopefully someone at AU with authority will step up and do the right thing to save the future of our program. 

Is there any outcome from this season that could possibly expedite Gus’ firing? 

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Welp that'll just about do it. No cohesion on either side of the ball.

I've said it will take a team collapse like that of 2012 to do Gus in this year. We're on pace.

BuT CoViD....

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Bird has specifically said that seth has “quit” on two potentially game changing passes. If Seth only wants to use 1/4 of his talent, then idk what to say

I like Bird but just because he says it doesn't mean anything is true. The play that Seth "gave up on" was so far off the mark that even if he didn't he wouldn't made the catch.

Watching Mark Stoops presser after game. When asked about benching Wilson, he said he wasn't surprised that Wilson bounced back this week, but every position is up for grabs if you aren't playing up to expectations.

Just now, AURealist said:

Nobody can choke in the Red Zone like we can!  Nobody!

Been that way since Nick Marshall's second year. Gus is trash in the red zone but Cam Freaking Newton bailed him out a bunch.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think bailing out of the pocket for no reason, overthrowing WR after WR, not setting your feet when you have time. That's basically the same as a WR quitting.

I’m not disagreeing that he’s not playing well, he’s not. But there’s absolutely no reason for Seth not to be giving his all, none.

Oh goody, 6:39 left to get 3 more FGs. 

Just now, shabby said:

Was there one receiver only on that play?

No was a flood concept to the left. They had it covered. 

Just now, shabby said:

Was there one receiver only on that play?

Yup designed play to only target Seth essentially. Pathetic.

Meanwhile Tank about to score but Seth standing around not blocking because he thinks they got Tank down. Tank gets away but then gets tackled because Seth quit on the play. And now we get 3 instead of 7.

Archived