If Gus isn’t fired tomorrow, AU is a loser institution

Swamp Eagle

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

The thing is that’s the problem. Alabama was not going to allow us to establish the run and this should’ve been known. We didn’t have the horses to do so and we know ole miss can’t run yet they were able to move the ball. Sometimes you just can’t always try to fit a peg in a square  hole 

People have been running on Alabama all year. So im gonna have to disagree here. The alternative is to rely on Nix behind a sub par line. Nope

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weagl1 said:

I have no doubt that Gus will be the HC next year and there will be no changes in the staff.

They should have a decrease in ticket sales then. Nobody wants to watch an 8-5 year. Its just like groundhog day. I would almost rather lose every game than be mediocre 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

You have to give Gus credit for one thing he is never short on excuses. He is a guy that can blow up a building and look you straight in the eye and say “ a few more bricks and we would have been just fine”. 😂🤣😂

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

The thing is that’s the problem. Alabama was not going to allow us to establish the run and this should’ve been known. We didn’t have the horses to do so and we know ole miss can’t run yet they were able to move the ball. Sometimes you just can’t always try to fit a peg in a square  hole 

Ole miss has a better run game than Auburn.   

3 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

As opposed to keeping the coach who lost to South Carolina?

Don't bother. People who defend Gus only want to replace him with a coach who has never lost. 

There are still people around here who will say they are glad we didn't hire Dan Mullen as he is working on sealing up a playoff spot

15 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Let me guess here comes  somebody with insider info that says there is some rumblings about a coaching change . Didn’t that happen after SC loss? The staff needs to be changed . Year after year of this is the definition of insanity 

I hear we are looking at hiring Will Muschamp. Now that would be a home run for Auburn. 😁

The argument I see is people are afraid of getting a worse coach. Y'all know that Bama didn't jump straight from Bear to Saban right??? 

Would you say Bama's bad years were worth the Saban years or should they have stayed 8-5 and been happy with consistently being "okay"?

Gus just needs a little more time to get his system and players in place. Chad Morris is an offensive guru. Did you guys see what he did at Arkansas? That was with 27% of the offense installed in year 2. Wait til he gets to like 75% installed. You guys will be left lane, hammer down, pop the clutch, full tilt boogie.

1 minute ago, shabby said:

People have been running on Alabama all year. So im gonna have to disagree here. The alternative is to rely on Nix behind a sub par line. Nope

Alabama gives up about 118 rushing yards per game which is top four in the conference after playing two of the top rushing teams in the conference . I don’t see how you are saying teams have been running on them all year with the stat line. 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I hear we are looking at hiring Will Muschamp. Now that would be a home run for Auburn. 😁

I would bet the farm calls are being made to his team now . That would not be a surprise move  by the dumbasses at AU

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Ole miss has a better run game than Auburn.   

That’s a true statement which is surprising as hell. I was wrong on that!

4 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

They should have a decrease in ticket sales then. Nobody wants to watch an 8-5 year. Its just like groundhog day. I would almost rather lose every game than be mediocre 

I guarantee you we sale more tickets next year than we did this year even if we do keep Gus 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Alabama gives up about 118 rushing yards per game which is top four in the conference after playing two of the top rushing teams in the conference . I don’t see how you are saying teams have been running on them all year with the stat line. 

People make comments like that with no facts to back it up. Just trash they spout off with

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

So how did trying to establish the run game with an injured RB go? 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Don't bother. People who defend Gus only want to replace him with a coach who has never lost. 

There are still people around here who will say they are glad we didn't hire Dan Mullen as he is working on sealing up a playoff spot

I’m not going to defend Gus.  His record is what it is but I’ll never advocate for Mullen.  He is the worst of the worst as far as who I’d want as a role model.

I’m just going to make one post because I’m sure some people aren’t being rational right now. Did anyone seriously expect anything different in this game. This might be the best team Bama has ever fielded. Every team they’ve played this year they’ve beaten by double digits. And, while their defense sucked at the beginning of the year, it’s been getting better the last few weeks. 

If what happened today changed your opinion in any way or Gus, the players, the shape of the program, etc. you’ve either had your head under a rock this year or you aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed. If you are anti-Gus, that’s your decision, but this game should have really no effect on that. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That’s a true statement which is surprising as hell. I was wrong on that!

And, they also have a professional coach running the offense.    Say what you will about his character, but he can scheme up a plan on offense 

27 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I bet it matters those ponying up for the buyout  

And the alternative is to continue bleeding money in the future while your program gets buried even deeper. 

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You have to give Gus credit for one thing he is never short on excuses. He is a guy that can blow up a building and look you straight in the eye and say “ a few more bricks and we would have been just fine”. 😂🤣😂

Hahaha . I mean at some point you have to feel bad for the team . I know there are a few bad attitudes , but the men on the team deserve better . 

Just now, rophle said:

People make comments like that with no facts to back it up. Just trash they spout off with

To be fair this point applies to me as well because ole miss has the best rushing attack in the SEC along with the aggies! My point remains, I don’t think hoping to beat Alabama by establishing the run game was the best bill of action when 

1. Our primary RB is hurt

2. They are absolutely keying on that. Both units were initially stopping the run. The key was the big plays over the top. Alabama was susceptible to that and we didn’t execute!

Just now, Win4AU said:

I’m not going to defend Gus.  His record is what it is but I’ll never advocate for Mullen.  He is the worst of the worst as far as who I’d want as a role model.

That's our problem we keep looking for role models instead of cold blooded killers to run our program. Our rivals all have them leading their programs. We have the guy who hosts Blues Clues. It's why we keep getting our teeth kicked in on the trail and on the field by our peers

Archived