Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well now he will be playing power 5 teams with power 5 players too or did you forget that?

It's pretty foolish of people being critical of Harsin beating the teams in his conference. That's all he can do. If those teams aren't better then what is he do about it except beat them? The "anyone but Gus" folks have a short memory.   

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Just stop. We didn’t have 1000 better options than Harsin. We had maybe 4 or 5. Cristobal, Napier, Freeze, Venables, and perhaps a Kiffin or Sark. And two of those come with the NCAA’s extra special attention. Only Cristobal and Napier were home runs with no baggage. The others were very good options. 

We missed on MC and BN and that does piss me off. But this isn’t a crap hire by any stretch. 

He’s been insufferable during this whole thing. Not even worth anyone’s time responding to. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He’s been insufferable during this whole thing. Not even worth anyone’s time responding to. 

It's what he was waiting to do. He was going to do it with any hire, he's hurt that he wasn't right as far as Gus

Just now, cole256 said:

To me Elliott was our best hire but I'm at a point long as it's not Steele I'll give anybody a chance

I had Elliot behind MC, but either would've been home runs

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Just stop. We didn’t have 1000 better options than Harsin. We had maybe 4 or 5. Cristobal, Napier, Freeze, Venables, and perhaps a Kiffin or Sark. And two of those come with the NCAA’s extra special attention. Only Cristobal and Napier were home runs with no baggage. The others were very good options. 

We missed on MC and BN and that does piss me off. But this isn’t a crap hire by any stretch. 

I'm not upset about MC--that was always going to be, as Bird says, a 50/50 (at best).

I AM upset about BN. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

+1000

Dell is a hell of a recruiter and Mason can flat out coach. 

Best thing is Dell is AU alum and he's not being paid much right now. Even without OC experience he's currently at UGA and Harsin can be a playcalled if need be.

Just now, drewzums343 said:

I'm telling yall, don't be surprised when we go 4-6 every year. We will be having this same discussion in 2-3 years. 

What if we don't?

10 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Georgia whoops auburns ass almost every year. It's barely even a rivalry. Hiring Bryan harsin doesn't make me feel that will be any different. You're delusional if you think he can compete with orgeron, smart and Saban. 

He will compete with Orgeron by the simple virtue that his head is screwed on straight. 

Ed O is a great ra-ra guy who hired a great OC once with a QB developed by Urban Meyer. The fact that he coached circles around Gus speaks more to Gus than Ed O. 

You may be right about Saban and Smart. Time will tell. 

Just now, bigbird said:

What if we don't?

Bird could you see Dell as an OC?

3 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

Did Urban have SEC experience? No 

Good point, but that was a different time/age.  The SEC is a different beast today!

Still hoping this works out exceptionally well for Auburn.  Trying to stay positive.

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

Big Facts!! People are getting upset about peoples opinions. I hope he proves me wrong. I live on the west coast and have watched a lot of Boise football from Peterson to Harsin. The record is smoking mirrors. The Mountain West is bad conference.

Is the AAC or CUSA a good/strong conference? I would estimate that the MWC is superior to either of those. 

12 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Georgia whoops auburns ass almost every year. It's barely even a rivalry. Hiring Bryan harsin doesn't make me feel that will be any different. You're delusional if you think he can compete with orgeron, smart and Saban. 

I guess we will have to see..as the old saying goes. I like it better than Sark or Cristobal. JMO

Just now, Zeek said:

Bird could you see Dell as an OC?

No reason not to offer, but as you know, successful staffs have a lot of familiarity

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He will compete with Orgeron by the simple virtue that his head is screwed on straight. 

Ed O is a great ra-ra guy who hired a great OC once with a QB developed by Urban Meyer. The fact that he coached circles around Gus speaks more to Gus than Ed O. 

You may be right about Saban and Smart. Time will tell. 

That’s assuming Orgeron will be at LSU for very long with all the rape cover up allegations. 

Archived