Coach Harsin's First Presser (3:30 CT)

Zeek

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Believe you're right. If not initially, certainly within a year or two. I really feel some dead weight is going to be eliminated before this is all over.

I agree there, I think we may lose some that are not ready for real commitment. From others and videos he is the type of coach that calls up players to ask them where the hell they are if they are not in the office watching film when not in classes. No nonsense kind of fella. You either want to play or you don't.  

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sw6146 said:

Loved what he had to say and love his emotion for BSU in the presser which I hope pours out into our University. Let’s get behind it and enjoy lots of great years to come. WDE as always ..... Merry Christmas everybody! 

100% agree - he's a BOY-C guy, and he isn't shy about his pride for BOY-C.... relatable. I'm an AWWW-BUUURRRNNN guy and I have pride for AWW-BUURRRNNN, lol

1. I learned how to say Boise correctly.

2. When he talked about building something right not fast I think he's implying it may take some time to put his staff together.

3. Him and Allen Greene have chemistry.

4. What the heck was going on at that pool party?

5. He had me at "War DAMN Eagle." Clearly really wanted to say that.

6. Someone said it well on Twitter. He's going to whip these reporters, fans, and players into shape.

7. Very commanding presence.

8. Incredibly emotional presser. He's really happy to be here and simultaneously sad to leave home. I get that. 

9. Sounds like he will be observing the bowl game and likely the practices.

10. Made it seem like getting the current team to stay takes priority over the new kids coming in.

Also, imagine having an opportunity to ask a question for the first time to a brand new coach and "passing". Lord that girl is awful.

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Personality-wise and value-wise he’s the right guy for the job. Seems to value all the things you’d expect of an Auburn coach while also putting a high emphasis on winning. I hope he learns to love Auburn as much as he clearly loves Boise State. I really liked the comment about winning with class.

Was a little concerned with his answers to the questions on recruiting, and his answer to the iron bowl question almost seemed to be “it’s just like any other game” which I don’t agree with. Otherwise, that was a good presser and a good first impression.

What would you have wanted him to say? That it’s okay to go 7-5 as long as Bama is one of those Ws?

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Also, imagine having an opportunity to ask a question for the first time to a brand new coach and "passing". Lord that girl is awful.

i was wondering that also.   Maybe someone stole her saban question

2 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

I agree there, I think we may lose some that are not ready for real commitment. From others and videos he is the type of coach that calls up players to ask them where the hell they are if they are not in the office watching film when not in classes. No nonsense kind of fella. You either want to play or you don't.  

Yep, not to shade Gus since he is now gone, but I have seen players not held accountable for lackluster effort on the field for several years. I'm sure many weren't being held responsible for similar effort off the field as well.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Interested to see some of the names that have been reaching out about the possible openings

Yes, he said his phone was “Blowing Up” with coaches reaching out. “No shortage of coaches wanting to be a part of this program”. 

Just now, WVR said:

Yes, he said his phone was “Blowing Up” with coaches reaching out. “No shortage of coaches wanting to be a part of this program”. 

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

2. When he talked about building something right not fast I think he's implying it may take some time to put his staff together.

6. Someone said it well on Twitter. He's going to whip these reporters, fans, and players into shape.

8. Incredibly emotional presser. He's really happy to be here and simultaneously sad to leave home. I get that. 

10. Made it seem like getting the current team to stay takes priority over the new kids coming in.

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Add to yours:

I think he is definitely a no-nonsense type of coach. Intense, and reminds me a little of how Jon GRuden speaks.

I thought he was detailed and really wanted those watching to know who he is and what his philosophy is in coaching young men.

I wondered what his son was looking at regardin helmets? I guess he is a football player and was interested in AH football color? :)

He certainly wanted his players at Boise St to know how bad he felt that they found out about his leaving through social media. He wanted to let them know in a public setting.

I wished he had gone into a little of his offensive philosophy.

I laughed at how poorly most of the media asked such off the wall questions. It was funny the Giana Hans reported for AL.com, had to say someone else asked her question(duh, did you think to have 2 questions ready?). Geez....

Loved his story about bringing Bo Jackson in to speak to his team, and how important what Bo said left an impression on him enough to use it all the time on their board.

All in all, Harsin fits a football saavy type of coach, that will provide the strongest of foundations for these players to succeed.

Hard to believe none of you have mentioned his remark about players having to be developed no matter how good they were in high school! Been a huge complaint on this board relative to our current coach!  So impressive!

If you watched that and didn't come away impressed and excited for this hire, I think you need to check your pulse and make sure you're not dead. Such a breath of fresh air, a different personality, and someone who I think will demand excellence from day 1.

His presser reminded me a lot of Coach Pearl's, maybe not the same charisma as Bruce, but the same values, the same winning attitude, and the same emotion for family and Auburn.

Just now, BJCrawford said:

Hard to believe none of you have mentioned his remark about players having to be developed no matter how good they were in high school! Been a huge complaint on this board relative to our current coach!  So impressive!

YEah, it's almost like he has been reading the message boards about the complaints on Gus' lack of development of some of the players at critical positions.

Or Greene gave him this info...based on how they perceived what the weak areas of Gus' program was that they saw.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Don’t know about y’all, but I’m ready to run through a brick wall for this man

I could have an adult beverage, or two with this coach. 

40 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Personality-wise and value-wise he’s the right guy for the job. Seems to value all the things you’d expect of an Auburn coach while also putting a high emphasis on winning. I hope he learns to love Auburn as much as he clearly loves Boise State. I really liked the comment about winning with class.

Was a little concerned with his answers to the questions on recruiting, and his answer to the iron bowl question almost seemed to be “it’s just like any other game” which I don’t agree with. Otherwise, that was a good presser and a good first impression.

I really like that answer. Some reporter asked him about the Iron Bowl and Saban and spends 5 minutes talking about focusing on Auburn getting better and talks about Saban for two seconds.. brilliant!

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I could have an adult beverage, or two with this coach. 

5 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

In a pool?!

this was exactly what I was about to type

I think we got ourselves a real head football coach people. War Eagle! If his bite is on par with his bark se are in for some fun .

Still hoping for t will to be retained though

Archived